• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Unknown?

Transmissions sound better on the LM cars. They finally added that warble when off throttle. The over all sound fx are better than other GT games, but still seem well behind other games.
What other games though? I didn't think Project Cars sounded much better than GT6. Sure your car had a nice base to it but it always sounded unrealistically enhanced to try to make it sound better.

Button

Banned
Holy shit that transmission whine on the SLS.

vJhzQXp.gif

Really hope the collision physics are better than what we are seeing now. I don't really care about visual damage stuff, but the reaction of two cars coming together has to be better than this for solid online racing.

You don't know how relieved I am to hear you say Daiki's on this one.

Heard some of the GT4 Daiki Kasho songs play ;___;

Really hope the collision physics are better than what we are seeing now. I don't really care about visual damage stuff, but the reaction of two cars coming together has to be better than this for solid online racing.

I think collisions are off here.

Boy the trees look crap, I thought it was 2D trees for a bit.

Probably due to the lighting though.

More likely due to the stream. Also think the guy set his TV up wrong. There was some weird line updating the screen.

Like, is this the only dude who got a beta invite? I can't find any other streams.

Seen a handful get invites. Seems to be only the beginning and very limited.

More likely due to the stream. Also think the guy set his TV up wrong. There was some weird line updating the screen.

Seen a handful get invites. Seems to be only the beginning and very limited.
What lines? Im watching through my PS4. Cant seem to see any weird lines at the moment.

Hoping someone with lots of GT and other sim time as well as a wheel gets in the beta. Would love to know more details about the driving feel compared to GT6.

Did you know that BettaLines (known from the sim racing thread) gave feedback to Codemasters that their FFB was not working for a rally sim and that it should be based on self-aligning torque... then they invited him to the studio to give more feedback. I think had DiRT Rally kept the FFB from the early days, it have kept some pretty bad word of mouth within the sim racing community, but now most guys love the game. I only found out about it recently and by accident from a youtube video, not here on the forums.

Feedback on the handling from guys who aren't just fanboys but play all kinds of racing games (sims and arcade as well). He's also one of the fastest guys on GAF(if not the fastest) and has some insane iRacing safety rating.

Wish Forza and GT would look less for feedback among their fans and regulars or ask "real world drivers", who don't understand what makes sim handling feel like it does.

Gestault

I have super mixed feelings about the mostly 2D backdrops for photo travel and menus. I know it lets them have waaay more variety for posing the cars, but at least in those menu passes, they seem a little...cheap? Like with at least a few, I can tell what they are even in the stream.

I have super mixed feelings about the mostly 2D backdrops for photo travel and menus. I know it lets them have waaay more variety for posing the cars, but at least in those menu passes, they seem a little...cheap? Like with at least a few, I can tell what they are even in the stream.
Are those 2D or 3D backdrops? I honestly thought those were in game :p

Yiazmat

Is it a mix? Because im sure a lot of the trees are in 3D. Other trees in the background though...
Yeah some of them have a 3d trunk, but I'm pretty sure most are just a single cardboard with some decent shading. (and there's only one row of them, in the back there is a solid "wall" of trees just like in GT6)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

It sounds weird to say this but it feels like cheating, hah. I don't like the idea of them all that much.

Man I can't wait till someone rips all the music out of the menus for this build. Love me some GT Jazz.

Popsickles

Noticed on the stream there is a campaign option greyed out. Does this mean it will have a proper career mode, because on the initial reveal that wasn't the case.

magawolaz

Noticed on the stream there is a campaign option greyed out. Does this mean it will have a proper career mode, because on the initial reveal that wasn't the case.
No, it's been already explained at the reveal. The campaign consists of mission challenges, license tests, racing etiquette sessions, etc.

some of the cloudy weather conditions look like you really need an HDR TV to enjoy them. I mean it looks damn realistic, but not sure I want that. Hopefully there is an exposure slider again.

FrankWza

Looks like it, he has different cars than the other streamer did.

Yeah. Then he said something about tracks and cars will be updated as beta continues. Fuck...i want this. I have a stack of games but i want to play this right now. Im staring at my t500.

Melfice7

They seem to have toned down the super agressive camera shake of cockpit and bumper view of 5 and 6, which is good!

Collision physics still a joke though

Wouldn't that mean his screen would be cut off for playing, or is there a setting for just the stream output?

No.

When you set up your PS4 to a TV it asks to set display area. If his TV is overscanning, he effectively has to output an underscanned image from his PS4 for the white markers to line up properly. Thus, the PS4 is underscanning.

In GT Sport, during the races - it sends a 1:1 pixel mapped image ignoring the display adjust settings on the PS4. So while he's racing he's getting a cut off image. But during the menu's, it will follow the display adjust settings on the PS4. Thus, putting out an underscanned image. That's how I know his TV is overscanning but what looks of it, by 10%.

This guys TV is overscanning by 5%. You can see how the image doesn't fit 1:1 when he goes back into the menu. At least it's better than the other guy who's TV is overscanning by 10%.

Overscanning also degrades image quality because you're taking an image out of 1:1 pixel. The fact that it cuts the image off on the sides is the least of concerns.

Avtomat

I dont think GT Sport will deliver what I would like but but aside from damage and collisions this looks great.

Nice UI in places will really help visualise what you are changing I think they kept a bit too much of the classic UI though.

Aside from dynamic weather / collisions / damage I am really liking what I am seeing.

Make GT great again!

FrankWza

Theres a new stream up
Guy has different cars too.
Its the first streamer from earlier

Edit: he just said that he didnt sign up for the beta but got an invite

Top Bottom