• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doujin Games at Comic Market 83

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
LTqHh.jpg

Wiki if you don't know what Comiket is.

Pretty much a clone of the C82 thread I made some months ago.

Relevant links:
Nyu-Media's "Big List of Comiket 83 Game Circles" which has, where available, circle name, table location, and what they'll have available.
Shmup specific list
Here is the Operation Jaguar post about Touhou games.

Videos:
46m EdelweissNal video featuring a bunch of game trailers.
26m version which has only original works (no touhou games).
Here's an English list of the games in the full version of Edelweiss's compilation with links to start times in the video & links to the developer homepages.

New Touhou fighter
NEO AQUARIUM2: ACE OF SEAFOOD
Astebreed
「NINE TAIL(仮)Trial Ver.C83」
Black Lotus (pretty poverty looking 2DFG)

Varion

Just going to be begging a friend to pick up the first Corpse Party 2 for me. Doesn't seem to have any plot relation to the one that's out in English, but it still looks great. Haven't looked forward to the games side of Comiket since Umineko finished. Was going to be going again this time but didn't manage to save up enough in time. Oh well.

RedSwirl

Man I really hope initiatives like Playism take off. I think it's kind of unfortunate that you have this vibrant Doujin industry that has still largely isolated itself from the indie game boom happening all over the rest of the planet.

How much of a chance do you guys think some of these games would stand at places like the IGF? I'm guessing more people from the western side would have to reach out to places like Comiket.

decaf

Cheers for this. I need to spend less money at Comiket this year. Barely played anything I got at C81. Bah.

Spierek

Touhou 13.5 looks amazing, I have to check out the other upcoming games too. I don't really anticipate any of them, though, because Comiket always equals "tons of new music" in my book.

Varth

Fish shooter King of Seafood has both an awesome title and solid "ecco 3d" mechanics. The "over the fin" view is genius :D

Also, love some titles. As an itariajin, TiramisuTruth is all kinds of awesome. Lacks tiramisu, though.

Rest is meh, but mostly better than Gioventù Ribelle, anyway.

Shame I'm not into Touhou as much as I was when I last went to Comiket (C79), I'd have lined up for 13.5 without question. I'll just take pleasure in seeing that ridiculous queue again before heading up to the corporate booths.

Momentary

Banned
I need the shmup now. Luckily it has a huge chance of ending up on Steam since that company's other games are up there too.

Dali

Nine tail looks pretty badass.

That FG was lol atrocious. Usually the one thing those doujin fighters have is a passable art style (yes even the touhou stuff looks good for what it is). Those characters look like they were drawn by a deviantart weeabo.

Dali

Magical Battle Fest - Musou type game Looks pretty well-done and polished: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gRwixLpq_zo#t=1328s

Astebreed - Really badass, polished-looking schmup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gRwixLpq_zo#t=1550s

Revolver360 -Another polished schump with an interesting looking art style (spider boss looks amazing) and maybe some sort of screen rotation mechanic (not sure): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gRwixLpq_zo#t=1658s

Not sure wtf - Looks interesting even ignoring the creepy flash cutout animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gRwixLpq_zo#t=2000s

Helicopter Blow 'em Up - Now you're talking Japan. This game speaks to me and my American sensibilities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gRwixLpq_zo#t=2703s

I think that about covers it for for worthwhile stuff (excluding Neo Aquarium, Nine Tail and the VVVVVV like game). There was an interesting looking card battle game right before the musou game that looked really polished too.

Totally. And the part that always made all the fighters and particularly the platformers hilarious for me is that (almost) everyone can fly.

I was under the impression that the lore basically boils down to "I have defeated you, but do you want some tea?"

h0mebas3

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for what could be a n00b post but is there any chance Astebreed will be available for sale from their site when it launches or is it exclusive to Comiket?

cuc

Astebreed is still in development. The version to be released on Comiket is a trial version.

Generally speaking, they should release a web demo soon after Comiket. The completed game would definitely be available from digital DL site, and given this is Edelweiss, it even has a decent chance to be localized for the West.

cuc

Not sure if the OP knew, but it's not a real game :) . It's a promotional video for the band Tokyo Active NEETs' new album, "Touhou Sound RPG Another History".

The band is mostly known for their jazz Touhou remixes, but they have previously made a fake Touhou RPG soundtrack with their albums "Legend of Marisa OST" and "Legend of Marisa OST Plus". Looks like they are expanding on the idea again.

not feelign that touhou fighter but will probably try it ...

"アスタブリード ver.C83 " look very impressive

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Not sure if the OP knew, but it's not a real game :) . It's a promotional video for the band Tokyo Active NEETs' new album, "Touhou Sound RPG Another History".

The band is mostly known for their jazz Touhou remixes, but they have previously made a fake Touhou RPG soundtrack with their albums "Legend of Marisa OST" and "Legend of Marisa OST Plus". Looks like they are expanding on the idea again.

Haha crud. I actually knew it was a video for the band but didn't know the game was fake ; _ ;

Top Bottom