• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Listen UP: 04/03/09 - GDC Wrap Up

mileS

lawblob said:
Giant Bomb guys make an appearance?

from Garnett's twitter - "Today's Listen UP wraps up GDC but missing something I'd hoped to get in so a little shorter than usual. Next week, yes, 4 Minute Warning!"

so yea sounds like its missing quite a bit... I wonder why?

mileS said:

Diplomatic relations have collapsed. So begins the ListenUp/GiantBomb conflict, or what future generations will know as the 100 Podcast Wars, although there'll actually be 112 of them.

I was hoping for a Garnett, John, Shane, and Luke combo, but this is pretty great too.

Wasn't that what Garnett was hinting about before they left for GDC, or am I mistaken?

Nizz

So next week's show will be what was cut from this week? Part of next week's show will be new but they'll put up what was cut this week? Garnett's twitter post confuses me! :lol And thanks OP for using the show's real name. +1

Victor Lucas, Sterling McGarvey, Matthew Kumar, Robert Ashley, and more join John, Patrick, and Garnett as we wrap up our GDC 2009 specials. The group talks about their experiences at the show and some of the big topics that came up and finishes up by tackling what gets us to spend our time playing games

Umm... the same thing that gets me to work - a paycheck?

Well that was a quick segment:D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OMG robert ashley :lol

"Before you left 50 cent was this arthouse game" :lol :lol

Flavius

Grecco said:
Victor Lucas seems to have a confidence problem with EP.

Haven't listened, but that's not surprising. He's a genuinely nice guy. Too bad they had all the crap go on with G4 here in the states and couldn't work out a deal with MTV.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
mileS said:
from Garnett's twitter - "Today's Listen UP wraps up GDC but missing something I'd hoped to get in so a little shorter than usual. Next week, yes, 4 Minute Warning!"

:(

There goes my chance for fame and fortune by drunkenly rambling about Ninja Gaiden on Listen Up.

LCfiner

I think I can safely say that I don't want to hear another games reviewer/ journalist talk about the dilemmas with written reviews EVER AGAIN.

womfalcs3

Banned
LCfiner said:
I think I can safely say that I don't want to hear another games reviewer/ journalist talk about the dilemmas with written reviews EVER AGAIN.

Yup. Plus what's up with the drunk in the end?

I can safely say I hated this edition.

bengraven

I thought Peter Molynieux was supposed to be in last week's podcast? Can't complain, the segments with Bioware's docs and Jaffe were entertaining, but still...say what you will about him, he's extremely entertaining to listen to.

voltron

I concur with the levels of confusion present in thread.

Podcast is no where near the level of pure epic that was anticipated. Gonna sit here buting my nails until we get an answer.

LCfiner

Holy crap. Victor Lucas is 41??? That man takes care of himself. I always thought he was in his early to mid-thirties.

edit: aaaaah haha. and lots of acknowledgement by the crew of the iPhone as a game changer, mainly due to the DD side of it.

very true

LCfiner

hoooollllleeee shit. I was not prepared for just how drunk that dev would be. :lol

Robert Ashley talking about boners was great, though.

"I want to talk about feeeeeeeeeeeelings"

"Bonerz are a feeling"

wow. epic, indeed

Guled

BONERZZZZZZZZZZ

BAD BOY 2 IS IMPORTANT

MY MOM IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU

wow this has to be the best 4G1U yet

STOP THE PRESSES!

this guy just mentioned Way of the Samurai at a perfect point as a perfect response. I don't know who he is, but he's awesome.

Darkpen

Banned
wait, so this is the third GDC LUP podcast, right? I'm so confused D:

Why are people who were promised...missing?

LCfiner

Shawnwhann said:
This is easily the worst episode of 1upYours/ListenUP I've ever listened to.... WTF :(

I actually thought there were legitimately interesting ideas brought up amid the chaos of the 2nd half.

I'd say this is easily the most... uneven episode of the show

Top Bottom