• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

daedalius

hGwef.png

Hopefully we will get some specific talk about AAs and weapons out of the people who attended.

Like, is the DMR 3x 5sk still, and is the BR 4sk /how is the recoil

Hopefully we will get some specific talk about AAs and weapons out of the people who attended.

Like, is the DMR 3x 5sk still, and is the BR 4sk /how is the recoil

The ammo per mag in the DMR and BR that we've seen pretty much guarantee a 5sk for the DMR and 4sk for the BR.

Seriously, if there is no NDA, we need some impressions, and quick.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The ammo per mag in the DMR and BR that we've seen pretty much guarantee a 5sk for the DMR and 4sk for the BR.

Seriously, if there is no NDA, we need some impressions, and quick.

I can't imagine that there's no NDA. We would have received a ton of info.

MIMIC

Banned
Question: in order to get the new achievements (Noble, Defiant, Anniversary), do you have to be on specific maps to get them?

I remember for the Halo 3 achievements, the achievement description explicitly stated that you had to be on a particular map. I was going for the "Both Barrels" achievement (and ended up fulfilling the requirements for that AND "All Alone") and nothing unlocked. And I have the maps; I just finished downloading them.

I was on Spooky Base. (Sword Base I think is the actual name? Haven't played Reach in a while, lol)

feel

Killa KC (Kasey) ‏ @Killa_KC

@NexyMLG No health packs on the maps I played and no health in the HUD
uuuh.. can someone ask him interesting questions please?

edit-
Killa KC (Kasey) ‏ @Killa_KC
On a train with spotty Internet. Getting an insane amount of tweets with good questions. I'll make a forum thread tomorrow to discuss.
oh, cool

Tashi

KillaKC said:
IMO - DMR > BR. Both solid and accurate.

On a train with spotty Internet. Getting an insane amount of tweets with good questions. I'll make a forum thread tomorrow to discuss.

Interesting.

edit:beaten by letters

Damn that's some serious late night Halo. I wonder how much they got to play

zap

It's awesome that some people are able to play it, open the floodgates!

I didn't expect anything big before E3 :D

Question: in order to get the new achievements (Noble, Defiant, Anniversary), do you have to be on specific maps to get them?

I remember for the Halo 3 achievements, the achievement description explicitly stated that you had to be on a particular map. I was going for the "Both Barrels" achievement (and ended up fulfilling the requirements for that AND "All Alone") and nothing unlocked. And I have the maps; I just finished downloading them.

I was on Spooky Base. (Sword Base I think is the actual name? Haven't played Reach in a while, lol)

Yep, you have to be on specific maps. It's a real pain because the DLC maps hardly ever come up in matchmaking.

G17

They did say in the Sparkast that the BR would be better for mid-range combat, DMR for long-range, and that they didn't want an all-powerful weapon so I am not sure what kind of matches they played really to say "DMR > BR"?

daedalius

They did say in the Sparkast that the BR would be better for mid-range combat, DMR for long-range, and that they didn't want an all-powerful weapon so I am not sure what kind of matches they played really to say "DMR > BR"?

Well, if you are at mid range and manage to land all of your shots with the DMR, even 5sk, it is still probably pretty powerful.

BR probably is a bit more squirrely, but more effective if you can control it.

senador

Banned

He played 2 freakin' matches. No way he could really have formed that great of an opinion on any of it yet. He did say that both were solid though. The whole personal taste things comes into play as well. ;)

Tashi

RG3 played Halo 4 as well. NFL Draft, makes sense. Lucky.

Edit: Luck vs Griffin III 1v1 Halo. Who ya got? Lol

feel

Someone who can read the matrix, please keep an eye on HBO forums for posts from Wu or Chavez.

edit-

Also Frankie, if you can PM me a code for one of those Halo 4 dashboard themes, thanks in advance.

:)

He's probably just saying that he liked using the DMR more. I'm assuming I will (I enjoy single shot more than burst).

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the DMR and BR are pretty close in power. DMR will have the advantage at long range, and BR will have the advantage in shorter ranges, but in most combat scenarios, the DMR vs BR is probably going to be personal preference of which a player likes using.

He's probably just saying that he liked using the DMR more. I'm assuming I will (I enjoy single shot more than burst).

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the DMR and BR are pretty close in power. DMR will have the advantage at long range, and BR will have the advantage in shorter ranges, but in most combat scenarios, the DMR vs BR is probably going to be personal preference of which a player likes using.

It's also possible that the DMR and BR that he just played with won't be in the final game so who knows. Hearing that movement feels good feels good
man

CyReN

:)

Which is amazing, I'd love to see matches have the option for both for competitive play. Granted the Carbine/Needle Rifle have been there in the past but these 2 will be a lot better and closer from what's been said.

It's also possible that the DMR and BR that he just played with won't be in the final game so who knows. Hearing that movement feels good feels good
man

Yep, that is very good to hear, especially coming from the MLG crowd which is always (justifiably, I agree with them) complaining about movement form the past couple Halo games.

I know people get excited about their master race BR, but did people think that if they put the DMR in the game as well that it wasn't going to be just as good as the BR?

Which is amazing, I'd love to see matches have the option for both for competitive play. Granted the Carbine/Needle Rifle have been there in the past but these 2 will be a lot better and closer from what's been said.

Being able to choose between those starting weapons is awesome.

feel

Ryan Wyatt ‏ @Fwiz (machinima guy)
Everyone tweet @Killa_KC about Halo 4. He has beta keys.
now he's getting bombarded with tweets asking for beta keys lol

I know people get excited about their master race BR, but did people think that if they put the DMR in the game as well that it wasn't going to be just as good as the BR?
I am hoping for two weapons that are equal in combat but with very different feedback.

CyReN

Did they say anything about DMR bloom yet?

please be gone
please be gone
please be gone
please be gone
please be gone

Computron

I want to play Halo 2 With GAF.

What do you all think about this?

Would you be up for this?

EDIT: Date will most likely be changed to the next Saturday the 12th to allow for maximum drunkage on cinco de mayo and shipping from amazon. Can't edit the picture now, sleep time.

izh8HrIw6WdYn.png

Links:

Halo 2 Amazon

Wireless Controller Adapter

What we play depends on how many people participate and what we want to play. 

Does this time work for everyone or should I push it forward to allow for shipping time?

Like it says, if you want to participate, PM ME. 

If your considering it, PM me so I can get an estimate of how many of you there will be.

Any suggestions? Questions, about this or Halo 2 Vista?

This thread is now diamonds, I mean, a halo 2'stalgia thread.

Top Bottom