• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ellie is the main playable character in The Last of Us: Part II

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just confirmed by Neil at the PSX panel. Also, she's 19 in the game. Interesting. I really enjoyed her part in the first game, and I can't wait to see where this goes.

The game's theme is 'hate'.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So we're gonna make the only likable character in the first game completely unlikable like Joel in the second?

I don't think he was unlikable at all. What game did you play? The character made tough choices. There is no black and white.

Neoxon

Oh, neat. It's a nice change of pace now the Ellie is probably more competent by this point in the timeline.

Also, wasn't it Joel who walked in?

Kolx

So we're gonna make the only likable character in the first game completely unlikable like Joel in the second?

Or maybe Joel is dead and she is imagining him and trying to kill the people who killed him (probably the fireflies), so the hate isn't really towards joel but the complete opposite.

Nev

Banned
You'll play as Joel at some point, that's 100% guaranteed. Probably when he gets killed. Hopefully it's early in the game.

Druckmann will try to say otherwise though. Remember when Ellie was not going to be playable at all in The Last of Us Part I according to them? Yeah.

MAIN meaning Joel will be somewhat playable right?

Also 19 :eek: I didn't realize it was such a big time gap. How old is she in TLOU again?

RootCause

Awesome. I like Joel, but playing her was pretty intense. Hopefully they have the hardest difficulty unlocked from the get go.

ActWan

With Gravity Rush 2, Horizon and the Uncharted spinoff having female leads it's great to see how Sony are handling that.

Jocund

All this sounds ace. Naughty Dog having a principal theme is...encouraging? I don't know how to describe it.The Last of Us was a game built on vignettes, so writing the script with a theme in mind probably helps with structure.

Shit's about to get dark.

"Get" dark?

what? Joel was very liked.

I understood Joel. I didn't like him. What morally redeeming traits he has are derived from his relationship with Ellie and Tess and even then he gets rough (such as the end of the 1st game). I think that's fine and dandy. But I hope they avoid turning Ellie into Joel 2.0. That's all I ask for.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
A main female lead on a AAA game. Oh the comments will be delicious.

EDIT: People seem to be misinterpreting my post.

There will be lots of crying about the fact that its a female lead, is what I meant. I don't get it either, but there will.

You missed Tomb raider?

613375_medium.jpg

cordy

Banned
Watch.

We'll find out Joel actually died in Fall and Ellie's been grieving the entire time. She's now a writer.

I hope you can choose Joel when they are doing things together. I liked Ellie in the last game, but the fistfisting Joel had was an aspect that made him best for me. So I really hope we still get to play alot of him also.

Top Bottom