• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Ploid 3.0

Oh crap, I won't but if I transferred my account I could uh, not corner the market (there's no way to exploit the market in this game).

Just checked, I have 3001 hours in this game. Dang.

Console version looks weird. Is it coming to phones? Surely they could have made it look like the PC version, heck with better graphics even since they are doing it way after the fact.

Edit: No transfer. Sticking to PC for sure. I'll try it on PS4 though, maybe someone here will like it. I hope they don't do weekly updates on console though. Those patches are usually huge, I don't need that x2.

ReaperXL7

Elder scrolls online allowed account transfers between PC and console early on. It created a lot of balance issues though, especially in PVP where PC players were coming to the game with fully powered characters and champion levels that it would take console players forever to match.

I can understand not wanting to let PC players transfer for that issue but I suspect it's more because they want want more money.

styl3s

Elder scrolls online allowed account transfers between PC and console early on. It created a lot of balance issues though, especially in PVP where PC players were coming to the game with fully powered characters and champion levels that it would take console players forever to match.

I can understand not wanting to let PC players transfer for that issue but I suspect it's more because they want want more money.
Balance is a non-issue when they can simply reset your characters on the console version. There is no cross-play so let us link and have the characters we bought unlock at level 1.

I have 0 reason to support a dev that doesn't support the people who supported them since day 1.

Ploid 3.0

I'll be be the Juggernaught bitches!

3160231-3113433-3621450967-23132.jpg

He's very fun. Peoples Elbow, running around like a mad man.

Briarios

I'll buy Nova again -- although, it would be cool if they let people that have played on PC get one free character or something

Great news, it won't run on my PC, and I would always Google every 6 months if it was ever coming to consoles and now it is. Good times indeed.

Way better than DC online IMO

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Great news, it won't run on my PC, and I would always Google every 6 months if it was ever coming to consoles and now it is. Good times indeed.

Way better than DC online IMO
Completely different games tbf, hard to compare them

ch4fx_

OH. MY. GOD.

IS THIS REAL?! I've literally been waiting for this since I found out what it was.

Is this the full game with a different name, a "complete edition" if you will, or were some things stripped out of this version?

Lashley

OH. MY. GOD.

IS THIS REAL?! I've literally been waiting for this since I found out what it was.

Is this the full game with a different name, a "complete edition" if you will, or were some things stripped out of this version?
You get some starting characters. You need to buy the rest.

No cross play with pc or account transfer so I won't be doing it again

Several of us have logged 1,000+ hours on the PC version, and have all the heroes unlocked. If I can't transfer my account, not sure I can make the journey again.

Corpekata

Banned
OH. MY. GOD.

It's a rebranded port basically with a few things missing likely provided over time. Launching with some missing characters and chapter 1-9, for instance.

FAQ here: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/319175/marvel-heroes-omega-console-q-a

Lashley

Several of us have logged 1,000+ hours on the PC version, and have all the heroes unlocked. If I can't transfer my account, not sure I can make the journey again.
Yeah, I'm not doing all that shit again AND rebuying characters.

Gazillion are having a fucking laugh. Terrible company.

Briarios

Yeah, I'm not doing all that shit again AND rebuying characters.

Gazillion are having a fucking laugh. Terrible company.

I don't understand this at all. Why would you even expect stuff to transfer? Plus, you've already invested time in the PC, why would you want to play an older version on PS4 that's missing 20+ characters if you weren't going to start over?

It's just weird that people are angry about this. I spent money on the PC, and I have no illusions that the console would support those purchases.

I want to play on the PS4 to play with friends who haven't played on PC -- I don't want to be overleveled anyway, so starting is fresh is the way to go.

Lashley

I don't understand this at all. Why would you even expect stuff to transfer? Plus, you've already invested time in the PC, why would you want to play an older version on PS4 that's missing 20+ characters if you weren't going to start over?

It's just weird that people are angry about this. I spent money on the PC, and I have no illusions that the console would support those purchases.

I want to play on the PS4 to play with friends who haven't played on PC -- I don't want to be overleveled anyway, so starting is fresh is the way to go.
Fine, don't transfer levels, but to pay for characters and stash tabs again? Nah, don't even TRY to defend that bullshit

styl3s

Because i invested money into it why would i pay again when other games offer transfer? Like i said in another post let me transfer my purchases i don't care if i have to re-level because leveling up a character means nothing to me i have hundreds of hours invested into the game i don't care about their thinly layered uninteresting story i care about what to do at the end-game. There are no illusions when i was able to transfer my stuff from FFXIV, Warframe, GTA stuff etc.

It's fine you don't care but clearly a lot of people do the official forums the last time i looked was nothing but people wanting this implemented because there are a lot of people including myself who have been there since day 1, who bought the $200 founder pack when it was in beta and who have been supporting it since and would gladly support the console version if my stuff transferred over and again i don't mind re-leveling because at this point that's just trivial nonsense that takes no time at all. I cannot defend them fucking over fans and will not support them if that's the case. I'll sell my PC account and move on to a game where devs actually respect their fans.

Ploid 3.0

You get some starting characters. You need to buy the rest.

No cross play with pc or account transfer so I won't be doing it again

And by buy, Lashley means unlock characters you're interested in playing with Splinters which drop pretty frequently now, especially with the new bonus item find buff (which you should only get by doing terminals which give you one cube shard each. 10 shards = fortune card which can give you random boost items, infinity chests, items, or rare costumes).

I have all characters unlocked, and 2k splinters waiting on something. Characters usually cost 400 splinters.

Edit: I have a feeling the console version will be quite the experience. Everything reset, everyone pushing to level and gear up to do cosmic terminals, then green raids, and red raids, heck they might even like the PVP and it'll be the place to play. I may dabble and start working on my account there just in case it takes off. So when Gaz abandon the PC version because too many people give them so much money on the console version compared to the PC, I'll be ready.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
A Marvel Heroes thread without narcissistic, out of place selfies? Is this real life!? :p

Looking forward to playing this on consoles, hope they surprise me and put the Founder's Packs out this month.

Xevren

Super butthurt about the lack of a transfer, my pc struggles playing the game and it would have been super convenient. Given how things have been for the game for awhile now though it's not surprising.

Ploid 3.0

suckerpunchIMG][/QUOTE]
Fren... :(

Maybe with our years of knowledge and combined power, we could power level back to a commendable spot. Which console will gaf's supergroup be on?

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/mBUfVww.png

I am the captain now.

Is it sad that I want the founders packs up now? Ive been waiting for this for a while now, considering the sucesses f2p titles have had this gen on consoles.

I'm into the idea of finally playing this game on a console...but man...don't make a trailer showing those characters up close. They were not meant to be seen up close from the look of them.

Because i invested money into it why would i pay again when other games offer transfer? Like i said in another post let me transfer my purchases i don't care if i have to re-level because leveling up a character means nothing to me i have hundreds of hours invested into the game i don't care about their thinly layered uninteresting story i care about what to do at the end-game. There are no illusions when i was able to transfer my stuff from FFXIV, Warframe, GTA stuff etc.

It's fine you don't care but clearly a lot of people do the official forums the last time i looked was nothing but people wanting this implemented because there are a lot of people including myself who have been there since day 1, who bought the $200 founder pack when it was in beta and who have been supporting it since and would gladly support the console version if my stuff transferred over and again i don't mind re-leveling because at this point that's just trivial nonsense that takes no time at all. I cannot defend them fucking over fans and will not support them if that's the case. I'll sell my PC account and move on to a game where devs actually respect their fans.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having to re-level everyone. Just give me my character unlocks and purchases. I'll play through again.

Ploid 3.0

I'm into the idea of finally playing this game on a console...but man...don't make a trailer showing those characters up close. They were not meant to be seen up close from the look of them.

I don't know why the game looks worse on console (Edit: Maybe the awkward animation + youtube made it look worse than current PC version). This game runs on Unreal 3, it's old, and... I just don't understand. I'm serious, I thought they would actually make it look a lot better actually. Maybe they are compensating for a possible large amount of people in the non instanced zones.

Lashley

Hopefully they'll change their mind after the outpouring of criticism and allow you to transfer your characters and tabs over, I'd play it then, but I'm not rebuying characters nor regrinding splinters

Ploid 3.0

I am a bit worried about them slowly dropping support of the PC version. Especially if it doesn't make them nearly as much money as the console version. I know I won't be spending anymore because of this uncertainty. Maybe I would have less doubt if Marvel Heroes 2016 was upgraded to Marvel Heroes Omega. The name change makes it seem like this may be a new license and they will let the other expire.

I have thought about just putting time into my other games until the dust settles. I'm sure they won't drop the PC version, but there have been signs that they have not been focusing on that version for a while. Using PC players as testers for the console version, even making the game less enjoyable. They focused on the story mode more than new content for a long while now. All for Console players most likely, well for the most part.

Give me the beta already!

It should be pretty soon. Maybe even a few weeks.

Jtrizzy

They really need to transfer purchases. I don't even want to admit how much money I've put into this game, supporting since the beta day one.

Top Bottom