• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Attack on Titan ep.10-12
BmqdTzZ.jpg
I'm starting to see why sone people disliked this show as it constantly builds up these dramatic moments and building and building some more; kinda like MHA did... However, the content is pretty good and definitely original, the action is engaging and the plot is imaginative enough to keep you wanting more to see just how the world works and how this annoying hothead Eren will come through and make it work.

I never went beyond the first episode for Attack on Titan after learning of the anime's horrible pacing.

Seriously, there should not be a "Part 9" in an episode title in a 25-episode show.

Attack on Titan is...depressing? I don't see how. Sure, people die and its the post apocalypse but first and foremost its a loud and hot blooded action show where the heroes face impossible odds and come out the other end victorious.

I never went beyond the first episode for Attack on Titan after learning of the anime's horrible pacing.

Seriously, there should not be a "Part 9" in an episode title in a 25-episode show.

Eh, shows like Kaiji and Akagi spend nearly 18 episodes on the same battle, they just don't title them that way.

Cornbread78

Attack on Titan is...depressing? I don't see how. Sure, people die and its the post apocalypse but first and foremost its a loud and hot blooded action show where the heroes face impossible odds and come out the other end victorious.

This is both the bad and the great of this show back to back. I'm enjoying it, but it needs to get to it, sometimes.

Eh, shows like Kaiji and Akagi spend nearly 18 episodes on the same battle, they just don't title them that way.
When every character's life is shit 24/7 and that no matter the victory nobody is happy; I call that depressing. Everything is so constantly bad from start to the end, that it just puts me in a depressing mood. I need some positivity and good emotions sometimes!

Clov

When every character's life is shit 24/7 and that no matter the victory nobody is happy; I call that depressing. Everything is so constantly bad from start to the end, that it just puts me in a depressing mood. I need some positivity and good emotions sometimes!

While I haven't seen Attack on Titan, I do know a bit a about it, and... if you think that show's depressing, I wonder how you'd react to Texhnolyze?

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (Subtitled) Episode 95 – A Ruthless Brotherly Duel - Ryo Versus Sho

Odd that Sho would lose here, seemed like he would have been set up to help bring Ryo back to his sense. Perhaps a future redemption arc will happen/

Gold Crusader you should watch End of Evangelion. It's a pretty uplifting experience and the last line really feels you with hope. There's even that really happy song
about suicide

Tuck

Konosuba 1-2

It's not a good sign when I find this more funny when I play the Spongebob soundtrack over some scenes.

Season 2 better deliver the goods.

If episode 9 doesn't do anything for you then maybe bail, but season 2 is a huge jump in quality overall. I thought season 1 barring episode 9 was fairly mediocre.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I only know one thing about White Album 2. Apparently there's sex in the game? Not sure if there is one in the show.

Future Card Buddyfight: DDD [Triple D] Episode 48
C7aJgKaX0AI3C9R.jpg:small

Awkward Gaito moments are hilarious especially when they are about Destiny. So glaad Abygale is there to keep him straight.

Style of Impact Dragon Force Gao is wonderful. Getting two attacks in Final Phase is a game changer.
C7aNH_jX4AAcizX.jpg:small

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Do you guys think the animators for fanservicey shows cry themselves to sleep at night while cutting themselves?

Cornbread78

I only know one thing about White Album 2. Apparently there's sex in the game? Not sure if there is one in the show.

Answer, don't look if you ever want to watch and be surprised. It's worth a watch, imo.

yes there is a "scene"

BTW, does anyone know if the "true ending" has been released in English?

Cornbread78

I'm about half-way through No Game No Life. The games are really creative and clever and I like the characters well-enough. The fanservice though...

The worst of it is actually the first 20 seconds of the show...

Do you guys think the animators for fanservicey shows cry themselves to sleep at night while cutting themselves?

Nah, I'm pretty sure they let their fantasies roll out into animation and love it.

I'm about half-way through No Game No Life. The games are really creative and clever and I like the characters well-enough. The fanservice though...

AH WARNED YE!

YE SHOULDA HEEDED MAH WAHRNINS!

Considering the people animating anime, highly doubtful they're not happy about it.

zulux21

the second half of the series has far less fanservice despite the fact that they have them play a fanservice game lol.

they are far more focused on the things that are going down.

that being said if there is ever a second season.... that is going to be quite fanservicey >.<:

AH WARNED YE!

YE SHOULDA HEEDED MAH WAHRNINS!
and done what, skipped the best show of 2014 :p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom