• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Redux is real and will be unveiled "this side of E3"

Quentyn

A short letter to the Metro fans - past; present; and future...

Metro Redux. You may have heard of it... even though you probably shouldn't have!

We could issue a 'We do not comment on rumour and speculation' statement and pretend this never happened. They're pretty boring to read. They're also pretty boring to write.

So we're going to comment on rumour and speculation instead.

Is Metro Redux real?

Yes. We never made any secret of 4A's desire to bring Metro to the latest generation of console hardware.

But what you saw leaked was taken from an old, internal planning presentation, containing some nuggets of truth but a lot of hypothetical ideas and place holder material.

(Eagle eyed fans will recognize the artwork on the 'packshot' as the art from the original Russian edition of the Metro 2033 novel. And that 'logo' is just the old Metro 2033 logo with the '2033' scrubbed out and 'Redux' added... )

As you can see, we're not quite ready to reveal 4A Games' first next-gen console project, but we will be making an announcement this side of E3.

And we think the reality is a lot more exciting than the out-dated material that got leaked shows, and we're itching to share it with you. Just not yet.

Refreshing to see a publisher confirm a rumor for once. Also sounds like it is more than just compilation of both games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-31-looks-like-metro-2033-will-get-a-ps4-and-xbox-one-port

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Awesome! Been dying to play both games for a long while now. Got them on 360, Steam, and PS+ over various promotions but will hold off playing them for the PS4 port.

Silky

Banned
EWmof.gif
Hail D'artagan!
p0QHO.gif

And we think the reality is a lot more exciting than the out-dated material that got leaked shows, and we're itching to share it with you. Just not yet.

so it might not be just an up-res re-release? Hmmmm....

Quentyn

Reading it again, what does 'this side of E3' actually mean? Does it mean at E3 or could it also be earlier/later?

L1NETT

Liking this new trend of just reacting to leaks, just coming out and saying "yep that's a thing"

Will 100% double dip, big fan of the Metro games.

I love that Deep Silver decided to address this honestly and frankly...it's quite refreshing to see a studio do that outright.

RoKKeR

Yes!!!! So glad to see this, instant buy. Absolutely love this franchise and last year Last Light was my runner up to TLoU.

Dead

well not really...yet
Hmmm. Additional content maybe? retooled directors cuts?

Either way, buying for sure. MLL was one of 2013s best games.

I hope more people buy this. Metro series has good single player IMO, it is way better than Killzone Shadow Fall, Crysis 2 or 3 etc. You guys will love it

Into

Metro series has some of the best, if not best atmosphere in a FPS these days.

I played Last Light on PS3 cause i got it for free as PS+ and thought it was brilliant.

I am there day 1.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I hope more people buy this. Metro series has good single player IMO, it is way better than Killzone Shadow Fall, Crysis 2 or 3 etc. You guys will love it
I dunno, I thought it was much more narrow and linear in scope than those other games. Guns also felt kind of awful.

Still interesting games, though.

RickA238

I read the whole OP as "Metroid: Redux" and I got really excited.

Then I looked up 4A Games, and realized that it's Metro: Redux. Still cool though, I loved Metro 2033.

javac

Great reaction to the leaks. I understand that big corps can't always be so buddy buddy with us and frank about rumours but it's nice to see from time to time.

Great response to an unexpected leak. Nice work by 4A and their PR folks. Just be honest and keep it short. It's not rocket science!

Top Bottom