• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that the Crash Trilogy is coming out, what would you prefer VV do next?

Yukinari

This is never ever gonna happen in a million years but i want Crash Twinsanity to be a finished game and with the visuals of the crash trilogy.

Like ask Travelers Tales for all the unused ideas and work with them to give us a complete version of the best post Naughty Dog game.

Jawmuncher

Hope they stick with the remasters and don't get stuck on COD DLC

This is never ever gonna happen in a million years but i want Crash Twinsanity to be a finished game and with the visuals of the crash trilogy.

Like ask Travelers Tales for all the unused ideas and work with them to give us a complete version of the best post Naughty Dog game.

Id love this. That game was so good and yet very few people played it.

Kasper

I hope the main part of the team moves on to remaking CTR while a smaller part starts cooking up a brand new Crash game taking place after 3 ignoring all the PS2 entries etc. post CTR.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
THPS2 Remaster.

They could do it right.

But yeah I'd also take CTR in a heartbeat.

Spyro: Year Of The Dragon and CTR are my two most played games as a kid. Destiny is by far the game I spend more time now so, hmm, I'll take any option OP.

For what it's worth, my understanding is that the team in VV responsible for Crash is already an entirely separate team from the part of them that works on Destiny, although there is small overlap in places, like I know the cinematics people tend to be on pretty much everything.

So the team that just did Crash will probably move onto something new, I'd imagine, so Destiny stuff may be able to be crossed off.

I'd like them to remake ICO but change nothing about it, so that we can then have an eternal debate about whether it's a remake or a remaster.

Shang

Based on how Crash sells out of the gate, I'm guessing it's gonna be a multiplat crash game using assets and engine from N Sane Trilogy

JoshHood

If they want to keep doing the remakes, I'd definitely rather have Spyro than later Crash games, but I'm interested to see what they do regardless.

Crash Team Racing; Sony really should have had a new interaction with each console to compete with Mario Kart! I'd love to see a new version with online play.

Zubz

Banned
Realistically? CTR Remaster or Spyro. I'd love to see a new game in either franchise that doesn't involve Skylanders, but hopefully that Bruce Leeroy rumor's true & Sony Japan already has a new Crash in the works.

no idea how good the early Spyros aged but i'd buy it for nostalgia reasons.

I replayed Spyro 1 last year & it holds up. I don't see why 2/3 wouldn't outside of being too content-heavy.

Since Vicarious Visions are the only developer to make a good Bruce Lee game. I'll say they should do a full fledged 3d iteration.
BruceLeeRotL_frontcover.png

They're probably the only remaining developer that could do a new Tony Hawk game justice.
I don't know how much of the original staff is there from the GBA THPS games, but if they can manage to replicate the feeling of that series on a Game Boy using an isometric view I'm sure they can do anything. Too bad this is Activision and seeing them take any kind of risk in the games industry in their current state is a long-shot.

Sponge

Banned
I would like to see them attempt an all new Crash game. A true Crash 4.

I would also like to see Activision hire Insomniac to remake Spyro 1-3.

Imagine a 3 game pack in of CTR, Bash, and Twinsanity.

anigif_sub-buzz-823-1465881799-2.gif

Crash Twinsanity is the most underrated Crash game ever. It's end was rushed, sure, but after the original trilogy it's the best take we had in the franchise. It's also the best "openworld" Crash. Coming back to it with some improvements and additional content could do wonders.

CTR then do a new Crash game is what Ill guess.

Not sure you want to bring the PS1 Spyro games back. They where great at the time but not as timeless as Crash. You will need a lot more then some new graphics and controls.

Plus Spyro is still fresh in kids minds. I bet they could just go right to a new game if they wanted.

Playsage

I'd love CTR with the visual quality of the N.Sane trilogy and online play, but remaking that game without fuckin' up is not that easy and VV already missed the mark with Nitro Kart back in the day

A brand new Crash Bandicoot game would be great.

Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity.

I'd be a happy man.

Crash Twinsanity is the most underrated Crash game ever. It's end was rushed, sure, but after the original trilogy it's the best take we had in the franchise. It's also the best "openworld" Crash. Coming back to it with some improvements and additional content could do wonders.

Did you know - the Travelers Tales dev team behind Crash Twinsanity (of which I am one ;)) meet up every so often, and talk about the possibility of pitching a remastered version with all of the cut content put back in...including the scenes shown below ->

CONCEPT18.jpg

CONCEPT08.jpg

CONCEPT37.jpg

Also, did you know that one of the producers on Twinsanity (from Vivendi Universal) now works for Vicarious Visions...

...interesting developments...

Toki767

Well they made Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and while it wasn't as good as the first, I'd still settle for them making a third one.

Yukinari

Did you know - the Travelers Tales dev team behind Crash Twinsanity (of which I am one ;)) meet up every so often, and talk about the possibility of pitching a remastered version with all of the cut content put back in...including the scenes shown below ->

CONCEPT18.jpg

CONCEPT08.jpg

CONCEPT37.jpg

Also, did you know that one of the producers on Twinsanity (from Vivendi Universal) now works for Vicarious Visions...

This would be really amazing because i know Travelers Tales is capable of so much more than just lego games forever. I love Lego City but Twinsanity deserves a second chance.

Zubz

Banned
I never played Twinsanity, but it looks like the definition of an unpolished gem. I'd totally be down for a Remaster, especially because it'd just be a new game for me.

Kitkatt

Neo Member
F4F is making a Crash figure based on the remake and licensed by Activision.Preorders open on Tuesday I think.And they mentioned many times that a Spyro resin figure(pose based on the 1st game cover) is in the works for the summer.On top of this another Crash resin figure is in the works based on the original design.

Spyro & Crash is owned by Activision.I always hoped this was a small hint that they are doing a Spyro remake.Even moreso now that Skylanders are not selling like they used to.So this would be another way to make money off the IP.

Please be true.

Ashtar

CONCEPT18.jpg

CONCEPT08.jpg

CONCEPT37.jpg

That's crazy, my nephew loved that game, I only played the demo but it was pretty good

BetaM

That would be amazing - the band brought back together!

Another random Twinsanity factoid ... did you know that the script writer for Crash Twinsanity also wrote the script for the story mode of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite...

TheOGB

Banned
CTR, the GOAT, of course

9JNEw0T.gif

Another random Twinsanity factoid ... did you know that the script write for Crash Twinsanity also wrote the script for the story mode of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite...
Really now? That is interesting.

Rlan

Vicarious Visions are an Activision subsiderary, so they wouldn't be working on a new Medievil or something like that.

Much as I would like to see them take on the Spyro Trilogy, I'd like to see them take on a brand new Crash game. Essentially ignoring everything since then in the style of Sonic Mania, of sorts.

Wrath of Cortex has not aged well (Especially the graphics. Woof! Bunch of Fugly versions of Cortex in that thing). I'm a fan of Twinsanity and it's bizarreness but it can be left as-is now, and Titans / Mutants can just be ignored.

Go back to Crash, Coco, Cortex, the masks and a bunch of weirdo enemies. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze proved that there is still so much more to be found in side scrolling platformers, and a new Crash game could very easily find some awesome new ways to play a behind-the-back corridor platformer.

Top Bottom