• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Pepiope

Yeah, I've resorted to purely unranked. Maybe the season/tournament key system will bring some motivation, but I don't know.
This grind let me see just how bad some of the community is. If I lose a solo 3s match and have my grand champ tag on, I get blasted for it.

It's never their fault, it's mine because I didn't carry. It's pretty funny.

Man this aftershock is pretty.

FB5A0FA08606A9FF044126AA98B80986FFA3B617

AlexIIDX

I love this game to death, but man I wish quitters were punished. Constant quitting is so frustrating. 30 minute ban each quit. Do ittttttttt. And im talking both unranked and ranked.

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
This grind let me see just how bad some of the community is. If I lose a solo 3s match and have my grand champ tag on, I get blasted for it.

It's never their fault, it's mine because I didn't carry. It's pretty funny.

I see this from the opposite side. I hover around Prospect Elite, and I'm really trying to get better -- you'd think the community would encourage that, but every time I whiff on a gimme shot or save attempt, I get told to quit or die or "git gud" and other nonsense. I play ranked specifically because the competition there is better, and I know it will ultimately make me a better player. It's just a shame that I'm constantly being dis-encouraged by this crap.

Big Brett

I love this game to death, but man I wish quitters were punished. Constant quitting is so frustrating. 30 minute ban each quit. Do ittttttttt. And im talking both unranked and ranked.

how could you even do that in unranked when each match is drop in drop out all the time

Hasney

Nah, shouldn't happen in unranked, it's pick up and play. You just gotta deal with it or play ranked.

Man competitive randoms have the WORST attitude. Community is awful. I report somebody every couple of games for harassment

If you drop out you get timed out...I know its unrealistic but its quitters galore.

Sometimes when I'm playing I have to answer the door or phone. Would you rather I quit so you can have another player or just sat idle under the premise I may make it back before I get timed out?

Honestly if they started punishing for it in unranked I'd drop this game so fast. It just defeats the point of having an unranked playlist if it has to adhere to the restrictions of ranked.

EDIT: By the way when do these new cars drop? They've removed the info from the title screen and I can't find any info on it either now, just release dates for the physical edition.

Unicorn

Collector cars are today around noon, I presume. I'm hyped for esper, but will probably buy the rest on sale. Had to get used to Octane because it was the only vehicle the unicorn horn didn't looks stupid on top of. Hoping esper doesn't look ill fitting. If any of the other chassis look good in my setup I'll bite, I suppose.

one_kill

Hey guys, seems like I've unlocked everything in the base game except for one antenna. I started playing online and won a few matches, but I haven't received anything. I'm still in unranked.

Can someone tell me what's going on? Do I need to get out of unranked first?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Hey guys, seems like I've unlocked everything in the base game except for one antenna. I started playing online and won a few matches, but I haven't received anything. I'm still in unranked.

Can someone tell me what's going on? Do I need to get out of unranked first?

It sometimes took me 15+ matches to unlock something.

FDC1

I finally got my certified item, yeah!

It's a certified item for bicyle goals, booooo!

I hate this game :(

Ran rp

i gotta say, the changes to drops are turning me off to them. they drop too infrequently and when one does show up there's a good chance it's something you already have 3 of or don't really want.

they're more annoying than exciting now.

Hasney

The actual gameplay is so good that the game could replace drops with shits physically posted through your letterbox every 15 or so games and I would still probably play.

Ace 8095

I made a thread on the Psyonix forums asking for the chat box size to increase as resolution increases. I just got a new graphics card and am a big fan of downsampling but when I downsample from 4k the chat box is too tiny to read on my 1080p monitor.

If you'd like this feature added please post in my thread so we can try to get this added to the feature list. I attached an example below.

Crawled back to rising star solo standard but I really have to start learning aerial play launching from the walls.
Neo Tokyo has become really fun now, it was pure horror in lower divisions. :p

lord pie

I have 3. Please, take one.

6 toon, 4 heart and 3 ice but no lightning. >:-(

First time I used the trade system I ended up with 8 sets of cat ears iirc.

I would like distinctive sound for teammate chat events. So I don't have to look when someone says they are defending, etc.

Unexpected event for my Saturday. I just ran into one of the Kerbal Space Program devs on Rocket League and played a few games together! Being a big fan of both games it was a nice little highlight to my stretch of RL today. Now I can't stop imagining Kerbals piloting the cars though.

dsk1210

I made a thread on the Psyonix forums asking for the chat box size to increase as resolution increases. I just got a new graphics card and am a big fan of downsampling but when I downsample from 4k the chat box is too tiny to read on my 1080p monitor.

If you'd like this feature added please post in my thread so we can try to get this added to the feature list. I attached an example below.

Just change the UI scaling in the settings.

Babalu.

when i go into the manage items category. If i trade EVERYTHING in will i not have them anymore? Or if I trade EVERYTHING in on that screen it still leaves me with like 1 of everything i had.

I've heard conflicting results and dont want to trade all of 1 thing in and then have to unlock it again.

Any idea?

when i go into the manage items category. If i trade EVERYTHING in will i not have them anymore? Or if I trade EVERYTHING in on that screen it still leaves me with like 1 of everything i had.

I've heard conflicting results and dont want to trade all of 1 thing in and then have to unlock it again.

Any idea?
You can trade away most of your single items so only trade dupes you can see in the window.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I've been having this issue recently where sometimes some of the environment textures will be awfully low-resolution and won't properly load for literally several minutes. Looks like your typical slow UE texture loading, but lasts way longer. Anyone else seen this?

Haven't noticed anything like that in any other game, so it seems unlikely that it's my PS4.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Ranked Duel is sooooo good with chat disabled; no stupid "What a save!".

+ Tomorrow is the day: AFTERSHOCK! The car better be good.

Top Bottom