• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

just making sure my calls for Yakuza Zero (US) and Shenmue III are still legit!

okay, was combing over old posts to make sure & looks like i claimed this one beforehand & it wasn't made official? i mean, neither claim are in the OP but that happens.

i pm'd prince just in case so that there's no ill will, hoping for a response but the community was already giving me stuff to work with & i wanna have it up by the 17th (it's still one week before the game drops as far as the rule goes, yeah?).

assuming there's no issue here or with my claim to Shenmue 3, i'd like to go ahead & put in for Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 too. (1/9/17)

i'm totally down to share these & likely will with cj, son of sparda & any other community members down to do so, just wanna make sure they're reserved & done right!

Cornbread78

okay, was combing over old posts to make sure & looks like i claimed this one beforehand & it wasn't made official? i mean, neither claim are in the OP but that happens.

i pm'd prince just in case so that there's no ill will, hoping for a response but the community was already giving me stuff to work with & i wanna have it up by the 17th (it's still one week before the game drops as far as the rule goes, yeah?).

assuming there's no issue here or with my claim to Shenmue 3, i'd like to go ahead & put in for Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 too. (1/9/17)

i'm totally down to share these & likely will with cj, son of sparda & any other community members down to do so, just wanna make sure they're reserved & done right!

Mods want game OT's up around 8-12 before their earliest launch time at the earliest..

As for the claim, speak to prince and if it gets hairy, get a mod involved to mediate the situation (I believe the process is outlined in the OP here)

IrishNinja

oh wow, if it's 8-12 we could have it up by the end of this week, even better!

i did PM him, but if i don't hear back in the next few days, i'm gonna go for it - my claim is the earlier one, and i don't want any hard feelings but i also don't want the launch window for this niche game/series jump-on point to be missed out on!

Cornbread78

oh wow, if it's 8-12 we could have it up by the end of this week, even better!

i did PM him, but if i don't hear back in the next few days, i'm gonna go for it - my claim is the earlier one, and i don't want any hard feelings but i also don't want the launch window for this niche game/series jump-on point to be missed out on!

6-12 HOURS!!!!!!!!

My bad, I forgot to type that, lol.

Actually cj has already claimed 6.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225930256&postcount=4913

Don't know about Kiwami though.

IrishNinja

6-12 HOURS!!!!!!!!

aw what
when did that old rule change, is it written anywhere? guess i should hit up stumps, but thanks for the heads-up!

Actually cj has already claimed 6.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225930256&postcount=4913

Don't know about Kiwami though.

okay cool, so yeah turns out i heard back from PrinceOfWhatever and he's okay with me taking 0, looks like he wants Kiwami which i think works out great. waiting to hear back definitively but when i do, i'll make sure to remind him to claim Kiwami in here & i'll happily relinquish it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
6-12 HOURS!!!!!!!!

Thats pretty stupid since it used to be a day before launch was fine. And it was the larger games that they wanted to be pretty much on the exact date as they were sick of most of the posts being bullshit dumbass posts like "HYPE" "MY BODY IS READY" etc.

For smaller titles they pretty much left things alone unless someone did something so idiotic like releasing an OT a week before the game was even out lol.

Cornbread78

Thats pretty stupid since it used to be a day before launch was fine. And it was the larger games that they wanted to be pretty much on the exact date as they were sick of most of the posts being bullshit dumbass posts like "HYPE" "MY BODY IS READY" etc.

For smaller titles they pretty much left things alone unless someone did something so idiotic like releasing an OT a week before the game was even out lol.

Yeah, they let "day of" go, but when I asked the question last year, they said try about 12 hours before, if possible. Smaller titles do tend to get lost in the shuffle.

IrishNinja

Yeah, they let "day of" go, but when I asked the question last year, they said try about 12 hours before, if possible. Smaller titles do tend to get lost in the shuffle.

well this is a pretty small title, so a day or so before it is!

TheMoon

That changed? It's honestly pretty dumb.

But I'll continue not to care because I'm always 8-12 hours late with my OTs anyway :p

Kindekuma

Banned
Just a random update but the Gravity Rush 2 OT is basically completed and ready to publish next week. Busy making some extra assets like avatars and a gallery.

Now the hard part of coming up with a name.

Cornbread78

Just a random update but the Gravity Rush 2 OT is basically completed and ready to publish next week. Busy making some extra assets like avatars and a gallery.

Now the hard part of coming up with a name.

Same thing with the Berseria OT. It's been done for a couple weeks now, but I have no idea what to name it, lol.

Quick

Banned
With all the Switch news I missed that Metroid: Rogue Dawn released a couple days ago. I see that someone was going to put an OT up for it but were banned just before; I have a quick thread I tossed together that I'll post in a moment but for posterity's sake...

Metroid: Rogue Dawn by dancrane212 (January 17th, 2017)

Parakeetman

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Parakeetman (Jan. 18th 2017)
May 23rd 2017 Release

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth Parakeetman (Jan. 18th 2017)
September 5th 2017 Release

Official announcement on that here.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (also known as The Two Hakuoro in Japan) in the Americas beginning Spring 2017 (Mask of Truth will be released later in the year).
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...ception-and-mask-of-truth-confirmed-for-2017/

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/utawarerumono-mask-truth-launches-september-5-americas-europe

...is claiming all three at once a thing?

not as rare as claiming 4 games at once I guess?

Xenoblade 2 Import / regular OT by TheMoon (January 13, 2017)
2017 date for both JP and West as of right now

Super Mario Odyssey by TheMoon (January 13, 2017)
Holiday 2017

1-2-Switch by TheMoon (January 13, 2017)
March 3

Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! by TheMoon (January 13, 2017)
March

edit: I mean, just let him do it since he thinks he could manage em. besides, his both import & localized fates & tms ot isn't bad

cj_iwakura

not as rare as claiming 4 games at once I guess?

edit: I mean, just let him do it since he thinks he could manage em. besides, his both import & localized fates & tms ot isn't bad

Wow, didn't even see that. Just thought it'd be common courtesy to see if anyone else wants to do the others.

Wow, didn't even see that. Just thought it'd be common courtesy to see if anyone else wants to do the others.

That's not exactly prevented.

- If someone else wants the thread after you, WORK WITH THEM. You are not entitled to make the thread exclusively. It's not your personal fortress. The claiming is about preventing two people wasting their time making duelling threads, it's not about allowing you to exclude others. If there are any problems cooperating, solve them yourselves. This is not kindergarten, moderators here are not your teachers.

Roo

By claiming, they don't own the OT anyway so in that sense, they're forced to work with other people if they are interested to work on OTs as well.

Coreda

By claiming, they don't own the OT anyway so in that sense, they're forced to work with other people if they are interested to work on OTs as well.

Officially, but there are occasions it doesn't always work out like that.

Parakeetman

Any specific time you have in mind?

They always generally start with someone kicking and screaming due to not being the special snowflake who makes the claim. Does it in the open in hopes to get attention and sympathy from others which can lead to dog piling on the person who made a claim, when the general guidelines in the OP that have been there forever basically state contact and try to work something out with other poster.

There were several incidents in the past. One being a claim Nemesis_ had did but then folks went and dog piled which drove him from the claim. Cant remember if it was a devil may cry related one. Since there was an incident related to that game in particular, which ended in said user causing the problem becoming juniored.

In general things have been better than in the past which is what caused for the mod blow up due to too many stupid slap fights and basically saying "You folks deal with this shit yourselves." Hence the disclaimer in the OP.

---

In regards to "working together" if someone has literally nothing to contribute be it editing, graphical, translations etc then dont go causing trouble for people who want to do OTs just because you want to feel warm and special with your name being in the credits or saying you were part of a claim. As nothing prevents you from taking part in the actual discussion of the game itself once said thread goes live. Which is the whole purpose of a OT in the first place, not some sort of dumbass popularity contest with who can make the most. You do not need to be part of the said claim to contribute to the OT. Just being part of the discussion is taking an active part of contributing to the thread and subject discussed. Far more important than being the one who made the OT or claim itself. Since an OT is just basically the introduction to said subject with the basic information presented and from there the users basically take over with contributing to the discussion.

That is what Id put as a statement rather than telling folks to just "work together" as realistically thats not how things work in the real world. As not everyone is going to be able to contribute since this isnt some sort of menial task such as filling sandbags. As said above real contribution comes from keeping the discussion alive more than doing the OT itself. As we all know past a certain point no one reads the OP in an OT anyways. If someone has a skill set to contribute and whoever made the claim needs help in said section then for the most part there does not seem to be any issues with people working together as various OTs have multiple folks working on them to fill various spaces which they know they are lacking in.

The mods for the most part have been good with "regulating" people who abuse OT claims when the end results turn out to be something which obviously is not fitting to be an OT due to lack of content or general tone. In such situations mods will usually leave a message in said closed OT as to the reason why said thread was locked. If said creator can present another version with the issues fixed then the mods have no problem with letting it go live. If said person forfeits the desire to do the OT or was juniored as a result then someone else might take over and contacts a mod about it.

Other situations that they do clean up is when they have to step in to shut down non sanctioned OTs by people who do not follow the simple rules stated in the OT itself. Such as those who just go making OTs without checking first if it was already taken. A few of those have happened recently and apparently more due to people either not paying attention or knowing that this thread exist.

In closing once again the community has been fairly good with keeping things sane lately so lets continue that trend and not have to piss off the mods yet once again over something stupid.

Coreda

Any specific time you have in mind?

In my experience with the Witcher 3 OT for example. I'd posted interest in contributing to the graphics long before release as I'd masked a few large assets originally for avatars. Contacted the user who claimed the OT who responded they already had someone which was fine. Fast forward several months and both users gave up on the OT entirely and handed the responsibility to a different user. I commented on my continued interest but the new user posted the assumption that all such regular graphics would be terrible so they'd be sticking to their own vision.

Fast forward again to just before release and that user relinquished the OT to yet another user privately as they didn't have the time to make it. Meanwhile I'd been continuing my own version of the OT that could at least be used for an OT2 so I contacted the user to ask about it and thankfully this user was actually welcoming and friendly but since they already had their own version of the OT put together in the short time they had we agreed on posting my version as the OT2.

These things happen and it ended up being a pleasant experience thanks to the friendliness of the last user. However when the rule of claiming OTs is that you're willing to work on them and for months right up until release I'd been the only one actually making anything while the responsibility had changed hands privately multiple times it did enhance the impression that OTs remain 'claimed' solely for whoever posts about it initially. Most here appear to be willing to collab so I'm sure it's an agreeable experience more often that not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom