• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Madao

So how much did it set you back in all?

i spent around $63 to have enough to buy the eshop version. i did pay part of it with my debit card but i used play-asia because i wanted to spend paypal money first. you might save a bit if you use a debit card directly.
at play-asia they have a promo currently with a 5000+3000 yen cards for ~$74 which is very close to the current exchange rate. i wish i had waited for this heh. you end up with some extra cash for something.

AdanVC

Damn :'( It sucks being poor and not being able to afford the Switch with this game to play with y'all! Please enjoy the game on for me hahah sighhhh

Amazing OT, hermano!

Foshy

just bought it. played mk8 a lot in the first couple weeks when it came it but dropped it before the dlc came in.

EXCITED AF

So exited for this! I skipped MK8 and have only played maybe four courses here and there on it since it's been out so this will really be my first time digging into the game.

the game is the same across every region. language is set by the language you set on your switch.

Awesome! I've already "imported" a couple games, but I have this feeling that one day I'll get stuck with a game in a language I can't read. Or that favour certain server regions.

Kureransu

amazon decides to deliver it on Saturday... when I'm a prime user.

Looks like I'll buy tomorrow from store, return amazon copy to store on Saturday.
I may have to do the same, especially since i'm having it shipped to work, and well i don't work on saturday.
prepare yourself, GAF rooms are fucking bonkers
QFT.

So wait, just to make sure Roo is a different Gaffer than Alistar Roo right?

PizzaFace

Banned
i spent around $63 to have enough to buy the eshop version. i did pay part of it with my debit card but i used play-asia because i wanted to spend paypal money first. you might save a bit if you use a debit card directly.
at play-asia they have a promo currently with a 5000+3000 yen cards for ~$74 which is very close to the current exchange rate. i wish i had waited for this heh. you end up with some extra cash for something.

Ah! I'm UK so that works out pretty expensive for me.

Checked a reddit thread and everyone had passed amazon.jp verification. Why always me
:(((

So I just got my copy and did my first 150cc Grand Prix, yeah this game feels amazing and great and fun and still fresh and I said that as someone who played the Wii U version since launch! :D

The bad news though, it looks like I can't play it in handheld-mode :( While I had no issues playing BotW , Splatoon 2 or Puyo Puyo Tetris in handheld-mode, MK8 makes my right hand hurt and cramp after just two races :/

I just want this to be out already. Maybe an accidentally eshop upload or amazon giving out the codes early.

I haven't owned a new Mario Kart games since SNES. I'm HYPED.

Teach me your ways KartGAF!

Effect

Sucks that the YouTube uploading was removed. I really liked that. Here's hoping they add that back in if and ever the video capture ability that is suppose to be added to the picture button is added.

Switched my region to Japan and used a code from amazon.co.jp to buy the game early, it's downloading now! :D

Let's see if I can convince any coworkers to play with me during lunch.

brinstar

Ab2gZuH.png

I'll be snagging a physical copy tomorrow, and I can get online on Sunday, so I'll see y'all then >B)

Hopefully I have all my favorite parts unlocked by then

Theswweet

I had the download code pre-ordered from Amazon.co.jp, I ended up getting an email about a failed transaction yesterday morning but then the next email I got was the code itself which I just redeemed about an hour ago. So I don't know what to say? Weird situation, but I've got my copy.

ghibli99

Just ordered this and BOTW... even though I've put tons of time into both on Wii U. Time to sell and put the past behind me.

Piscus

I had the download code pre-ordered from Amazon.co.jp, I ended up getting an email about a failed transaction yesterdday morning but then the next email I got was the code itself which I just redeemed about an hour ago. So I don't know what to say? Weird situation, but I've got my copy.

I believe Amazon's system is set up to try 3 times before cancelling outright (unless you go in and update the payment info between tries).

Acerac

Banned
When trying to set up an amazon.jp account it won't let me change my country to Japan. Lists dozens of other countries, but with that one left out I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any tips?

ryushe

Man, I'm still on the fence about going digital or physical.

I don't ever sell my systems or games, so I don't care about losing the opportunity to resell, but I do love me my physical games, especially Nintendo titles, not only that, it's cheaper. BUT if I do go physical, I know I'm not going to play it as much as I would if it were digital (looking at you Binding of Isaac).

What a first world problem to have -_-;

thatJohann

first time mario kart player, here getting my copy delivered tomorrow.

am i in for something special, GAF? will i get bored? lol

Kinsei

Banned
first time mario kart player, here getting my copy delivered tomorrow.

am i in for something special, GAF? will i get bored? lol

Something very special. I recommend starting on 100cc to avoid getting bored. 50cc is clearly intended for small children.

schaft0620

Huge shout-out to everyone who blabbed about getting Horizon and Persona a day early so now Best Buy waits until today to send it out overnight.

Ninja Dom

Okay so now we have:

Baby Mario
Mario
Metal Mario
Tanooki Mario
Gold Mario?

Any difference between these in the way they handle?

Well, pretty sure Amazon's gonna mess up my pre-order release-date delivery for MK8D like they did with my Switch & Zelda.

Y'all have fun tomorrow, gonna whine to some CS rep for some amazon $$$ :D

Top Bottom