• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Acrylic7 said:
Cant believe they charged you for those figures.
They were preorder bonuses
Most stores don't tend to keep a "free stuff take one" section to throw deleted merch into. The alternative for them was to just toss 'em in the dumpster, and no one gets 'em. Which is what most stores opt to do, sadly.

I found the preorder Etrian Odyssey III artbook being sold on its own for $5 a few months after the game's release, and I was damn glad to pay it.

Acrylic7

Shig said:
Most stores don't tend to keep a "free stuff take one" section to throw deleted merch into. The alternative for them was to just toss 'em in the dumpster, and no one gets 'em. Which is what most stores opt to do, sadly.

I found the preorder Etrian Odyssey III artbook being sold on its own for $5 a few months after the game's release, and I was damn glad to pay it.

I love the dumpster at Walmart. Dont get the wrong Idea, I don't dumpster dive, I work there. And they always are to lazy to actually toss shit into the dumpster shot. So they just place shit near it. People leave behind the best shit.

So far I have gotten a HUGE box of Halo Reach limited edition posters in-cased in a Giant MountainDew Halo Reach promo box, and a Ginormous Mortal Combat prop that's as long as a car.

Joe Molotov said:
Pnxpk.jpg

6UhKo.gif
Shout Factory
cQzAl.gif
Damn, you have the best taste in movies ever. Much respect!

_dementia said:
I had a chance to play this over the Labor Day weekend, but we couldn't get the cart working :/
WHAT!!!! No!!!!!......thats like waking up christmas morning and not getting presents. I was addicted to the game a couple of years ago. My friends and I would get together everyday after work and go at it for a couple of hours.

Number45

OK, quite a long one here. Excuse the bragging... :p

Resistance 3, picked up this morning:
V4t4pl.jpg

Some delights thanks to the wonderful PlayStation Plus program:
cwpCIl.jpg

xAXRkl.jpg

ORIXFl.jpg

ORIXFl.jpg

e3KfBl.jpg

Ev4Wkl.jpg

And finally:

BEFORE
ZelNO.png

AFTER
KMc5z.png

Finally out of the internet ghetto!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Just got back from vacation and found this waiting for me in the mailbox.

Digaea 4 Premium Edition and double dipped on Arcana Heart 3.

Also, Catherine!

_dementia said:
I've only listened to it once. It's enjoyable, but I don't feel anything on the same level as Star Line from the first album. I'll give it time :)

Curiosity is on another level for me. Can't listen to it enough! The fact that a lot of the Child of Eden songs (especially Maker) are on it is just a bonus.

test_account

XP-39C²
Zing said:
Maybe if I had personally bought it at that price instead of 10x that price, sure.
Its not really a question about money value to me, but it is more about nostalgia, so it doent matter that much if it is a $50 or $500 game. When i see those pricetags it reminds me stronger (instead of just seeing the game) about the good old gaming days :) The same goes with old receipts for gaming stuff.

But i have understanding if you want to remove the sticker and get a clean box instead. Clean boxes are also definitely nice to have. I just wanted to say how i feel about smaller and older pricetags like that :)

Expensive day!

Can't wait to properly get stuck into the action. Got a new grinder a couple of weeks back too so tonight will be a blast!

jbhopd4V2vlXRH.jpg

A couple of books I need to read for my English Degree

jbl71x4QP8DXbj.jpg

j2pl4rhOrSRXR.jpg

jdzINTHXvrqUR.jpg

Love the inside of these

jFY0gDkY3ZrNl.jpg

Auron_Kale said:
Yep. Posted FMA Brotherhood Vol. 5's DVD & BD sets in July.

Free copies of series that I've gotten are Eyeshield 21 vols. 1-4 (DVD) and Night Raid 1931 Complete set (DVD) from Sentai Filmworks.

Like the screeners, they're for review.

Oh yeah that reminds me did you post your link to your review of Night Raid 1931? Can you send me the link or post it? Im interested in checking it out

FrankNitty said:
Oh yeah that reminds me did you post your link to your review of Night Raid 1931? Can you send me the link or post it? Im interested in checking it out

Alas, I went on vacation shortly after I got the series so never got to review it yet. I plan on binging on the entire series this weekend and should have the write up posted sometime next week if all goes well. I can PM the link once it's up.

kunonabi said:
Can you let us know how super sentai battle rangers X is when you get a chance? I've been thinking of picking it up.

Of course :) Hope to start it early next week, if not over the weekend, and will add some impressions to the thread that already exists for the game. I plan on reviewing it too, so if and when I do I'll link that up too.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
purg3 said:
how do you like it? amazon has it for $80 right now sold through woot.

Had a chance to play with the Dash last night. Pretty cool stuff. You can totally get your twitter feed on an alarm clock. It's a bit limited in that there's no internet browser, so you can only do what the apps (of which there are a ton) enable you to do, but again... it's an alarm clock. The LCD screen is pretty gorgeous and the device is surprisingly responsive when you're typing something on the touch screen. The speakers are pretty much standard alarm clock fare... maybe a little better, but hardly exceptional. I do think it's kind of funny that Sony tried to position this as a "personal internet viewer" when it's really nowhere near as versatile as a tablet or anything.

But as an alarm clock, yeah, it's fucking awesome. If nothing else, you'll make people say "wow."

Creative speaker 5.1 surround sound with 5 speakers. i found it for 60$. I considered it costs was less than i expected and bought it immediately. I was looking for one, since my last speakers were shitty.

I found this Epson printer/scanner very cheap in my supermarket.

Yami

Scythian Empire said:
Expensive day!

A couple of books I need to read for my English Degree

jbl71x4QP8DXbj.jpg

Love the inside of these

jFY0gDkY3ZrNl.jpg

Love The Great Gatsby. Nice edition.

I want those, haha. Been eyeing up the grey version, just haven't commited yet.

Just got an Angry Bird today.
Edit: and the sounds have already died. :(

6130484441_f9fce4e07f.jpg

dvdjamm

_dementia said:
I bought the new Genki Rockets off Amazon

uDRkd.jpg

I'm reading about Heavenly Star and someone reviewing it is saying it's the best electronic music since Daft Punk's Discovery...

I'm so late.

Saroyan

I stopped and picked up Devil Survivor and Starfox on my way home from work, and then I was pleasantly surprised to find a package from Europe at home with Xenoblade inside! Should be a good weekend :) Xenoblade came from Zavvi.

bh82O.jpg

Top Bottom