• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Hmm...where is it on?

Wait, Duck universe? Duck tales, Darkwing and...Chip and Dale? They're not ducks. Were there ducks in tailspin? I saw very little of that.
By Duck Universe I mean the Scrooge/Donald comics, the Carl Barks and Don Rosa stuff

Pachimari

You got it all wrong. Their names are Rip, Rap and Rup. Their dad is Anders And, and their uncle is Onkel Joakim.

Can't wait to see the new series! And yeah, the new designs are great.

Go watch the new Ducktales people, it's fucking amazing
tumblr_oukj458m4Q1r9qoglo1_r1_500.gif

Ducktales was huge here in Brazil, all of the kids loved it back in the day. I think the new design is great and I can't wait to watch it! Hope we also get some games based on it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The one thing I wish I could undo, and i'm not sure if there is a way to change the eventual outcome either way, but it was
answer Kate's call (I thought that was a zero-sum moment -
take call and Chloe leaves or go with Chloe and miss call), because having Kate jump right in front of Max was hard knowing I had fucked up

That one arbitrary moment of
we took your powers away
was probably the thing I disliked most, because the game never really plays with that again. max hints at it, but it never happens and she never weakens. I understand why they did it from a plot stand point, but god damn was I slamming ctrl/right mouse as it was happening.
For your undo,
yes Kate can be saved. I ended up saving her in my playthrough.

Check out other endings for sure.

I was totally depressed for several days after the ending too, lol.

The thing I disliked about the endings was that there was one that the team clearly put the most production into. It makes it seem like the devs have a "canon" ending.
Yeah apparently the excuse was that they ran out of money, but they prototyped that ending several times trying to get it down right. It could've used some more denouement and stuff tbh.

That's not unusual. If there's a sequel, they'll have to choose one to go with. It's open ended, pardon the phrase, until such time as those characters are revisted
Apparently this is the last you'll see of Chloe and Max. The sequel is supposed to be a new cast I heard.

Teggy

Has the latest episode already aired? I'm out of date on this.

The first episode is an hour long and it looks like it's the only thing they are airing for the first 2 weeks, but A LOT, like every day. It's also on the Disney XD app if you have access in your area.

So I am new to PC gaming and I am looking for gaming recommendations. The specific ones I want to try are horror and survival horrors that were only released on PC. Any games worth playing ?

*ping Dusk Golem*

I'm not a horror enthusiast but I do appreciate a good horror game once in a while. These are some favorites/games you definitely should check out:

Penumbra games
Amnesia
Layers of Fear
The Cat Lady
Rusty Lake
Fran Bow
Five Nights at Freddys
Stories Untold
The House in Fata Morgana
Pathologic Classic HD
STASIS + CAYNE
System Shock 2
Dead Secret
F.E.A.R.
Kholat
Monstrum

Condemned: Criminal Origins
The Darkness II
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut

M.D

Bought Dead Cells today. I was interested after watching the GB unfinished video a few months ago and hearing people praise it from time to time.

I only played for about an hour but it feels like it deserves all the praise.
It felt special from the very first moment. The way it controls, the music, looks.. I don't think I've felt this way about a game since Dark Souls. Basically had a smile on my face the entire time.

zkylon

zkylewd
AFPl2IO.png

had to nuke most of my games when switching to an ssd

feels kinda nice to uninstall like half your computer

how does ppl manage having a relatively small ssd (240gb)? i'm pretty sure you can have a couple games on one disk and the rest on the other, so i'd have like one game on my ssd and the rest on the other?

(ignore the categories btw, i need to come up with a better system that doesn't force me to move things around every time i play a game...)

Madventure

AFPl2IO.png

had to nuke most of my games when switching to an ssd

feels kinda nice to uninstall like half your computer

how does ppl manage having a relatively small ssd (240gb)? i'm pretty sure you can have a couple games on one disk and the rest on the other, so i'd have like one game on my ssd and the rest on the other?

What I do is I have a SSD for windows/games that I want to load fast or play really often/currently playing. Then for games that I don't care about load times on the regular Hard drive for steam.

yuraya

lmfao someone had a sign on camera during the DOTA finals that read

Half-Life outdated
Portal overrated
Long have we waited
Card game created.

lmfao someone had a sign on camera during the DOTA finals that read

Half-Life outdated
Portal overrated
Long have we waited
Card game created.

All this talk of card games on the computer made me dig up M:tG Shandalar again. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Awesome , I will check those. Thanks man

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
c21cd7136ee4e2a77c0fbf16db677862.png

Heh. Wonder if the overall will ever change tho, probably not. Not even sure how it works really.

kagamin

Well... I've just finished Trails in the Sky the 3rd, it's nice to get back to a genre of games you love after neglecting them for so long, especially with games this great.

c21cd7136ee4e2a77c0fbf16db677862.png

Heh. Wonder if the overall will ever change tho, probably not. Not even sure how it works really.

It's legitimately tempting, especially since, unlike Elite: Dangerous, it's playable offline. Classes start back up for me the week after next, though, and I'll have my first job to deal with as well, so I'm not sure about having the time to play it. Plus, my gaming budget is getting a little tight.

EDIT: Fuck it, I need distractions right now.

Pixieking

Banned
azQSmQ6.png

i actually need a seventh too, cos it seems like the haxeflixel patreon is no longer being updated

i think i would rather not do podcasts cos i don't really have time to listen to more podcasts

would also rather not be the obvious ones like jim sterling cos i think jim does quite alright without my help :p

Acknowledging you just said you don't want more podcasts, but I have to take the time to shill for Level with Emily Reese. She interviews videogame music composers and voice-actors, and has recently started a side-show for Level Patrons where composers pick 5 pieces of music and talk about them. Worth taking the time to look at. :)

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum -- MB-05A114E2C5610248 - Taken by Mike Bison
BAD END -- MB-8BC69BB3BADC68B0 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Book Series - Alice in Wonderland -- MB-F46C8BCCE9154862 - Taken by sadblob
The Reject Demon Toko Chapter 0 - Prelude -- MB-3DF8C811A11E696E - Taken by Catshade
-

Nabs

My brain is all jumbled after playing both characters at the same time in Overcooked. Great game, but I'd love some Online Multi.

Pixieking

Banned
Is there any way to determine if a game on Steam is censored due to region or country, or just not available? Currently living in Malaysia, and don't want to switch countries from the UK if it means I'll get cut versions of games, or that some games are entirely unavailable.

Is there any way to determine if a game on Steam is censored due to region or country, or just not available? Currently living in Malaysia, and don't want to switch countries from the UK if it means I'll get cut versions of games, or that some games are entirely unavailable.

If they are not available, you can check SteamDB. Check the price-tab and if it shows NA, they usually arent available in that country.

gabbo

For your undo,
yes Kate can be saved. I ended up saving her in my playthrough.

Well then that's all I'll change on my next play through. I only feel really bad about that one.

Yeah apparently the excuse was that they ran out of money, but they prototyped that ending several times trying to get it down right. It could've used some more denouement and stuff tbh.

Apparently this is the last you'll see of Chloe and Max. The sequel is supposed to be a new cast I heard.
While that's admirable, they say that until such time as he sequel tanks and they go right back to Chloe and Max because it's safe money/'what the fans wanted'

I wish there was a mod for Doom that replaces the dubstep stuff with actual metal.
i wish they could just leave it with no music and have ambient Hell soundscape noises

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of passwords, if I change password on Steam do I get a timeout in the marketplace? Thinking about chaging passwords across the board where ever I can, to something super hard generated by a password manager. I think I still have passwords in use that are nearing two decades old.XD

Not if you change it, which isn't to be confused with resetting it as that will result in a cooldown.

https://www.steamprices.com/my/s/5bgRal?p=1

Edit: The store page will mention if the version you're buying is censored, but I don't think there are any such games on the Malaysian store.

Yeah, lots of games aren't available in SEA Steam.

I wouldn't suggest anyone switching to our region if they want access to all games.

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah, lots of games aren't available in SEA Steam.

I wouldn't suggest anyone switching to our region if they want access to all games.

So, what I was thinking of doing to circumvent some games being unavailable was this:

1) My wife has a debit card for Malaysia. Use that to buy some games in the local currency (Steins:Gate, for instance, is the equivalent of half UK price).
2) We're only in the country as long-term temps (2 year work contract), so we still have UK bank accounts. If there's something that I want to buy that isn't available here, use my UK bank details to switch stores and purchase.

Whilst the Billing FAQ states that there's a cooldown for switching countries, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think?

kagamin

Now that I'm done with Trails in the Sky the 3rd, I have time to think about other things. :p

I've always liked the design of Lloyd, he probably has my favorite design of all the Trails series protagonists.

So, what I was thinking of doing to circumvent some games being unavailable was this:

1) My wife has a debit card for Malaysia. Use that to buy some games in the local currency (Steins:Gate, for instance, is the equivalent of half UK price).
2) We're only in the country as long-term temps (2 year work contract), so we still have UK bank accounts. If there's something that I want to buy that isn't available here, use my UK bank details to switch stores and purchase.

Whilst the Billing FAQ states that there's a cooldown for switching countries, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think?

I've had my account switched to another country once. As far as I remember, the cooldown was not only for switching, but also for buying games on Steam. I couldn't use my wallet right away after the conversion. I think it'll be a hassle if you switch region too much. Maybe someone can confirm/correct this for me as it's been a while ago since I did it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
10 hours into NMS, it continues to be...neat. Lots of neat things. It's a neat videogame.

I would make the best videogame reviewer in the world really.

"8/10 its neat"

Pixieking

Banned
I've had my account switched to another country once. As far as I remember, the cooldown was not only for switching, but also for buying games on Steam. I couldn't use my wallet right away after the conversion. I think it'll be a hassle if you switch region too much. Maybe someone can confirm/correct this for me as it's been a while ago since I did it.

Yeah... It might work better if I switch, buy a ton of stuff immediately, and then switch back. Since it's mostly just picking up games I've had on my Wishlist for months, it's just being cheeky and taking advantage of the low prices.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

That's still cross-region purchasing and may raise a red flag at Valve's end, but if you were to explain you're using the Malaysian store because you're in the country long-term, I'm sure you'd just be let off with a warning and told to pick one. If you want to play it safe, stick with the MY store while you're in the country and, where possible, have a UK friend gift you the stuff you'd like but can't purchase yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom