• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

leng jai

DasRaven said:
You don't "need" a navcon for anything if you have a SXA/DS3. There are also no launch games that require it. Some of the upcoming games will be more comfortable with one.

So you use the DS3 one handed?

krypt0nian said:
I wonder when the demos will hit PSN.
According to Sony: Day One. That said, update OP with more detail on what's available in the demo disc. As always: EU gets shafted as NA demo disc includes 2 addition games: Time Crisis and Kung Fu Rider.

Excellent OP. When school settles down I'm all over this. I heard the table tennis part of SC is rather poor though... really hope it's not true!

Elios83

Ummmm....I was planning to buy Move next February with Killzone 3 but since I'm in waiting mode for GT5....well I thought I could give Move and Sports Champions a try in the meanwhile :D

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Elios83 said:
Ummmm....I was planning to buy Move next February with Killzone 3 but since I'm in waiting mode for GT5....well I thought I could give Move and Sports Champions a try in the meanwhile :D

Yea, there's really no point in holding out if you are already planning to get one. I doubt it'll get any cheaper from now till february, so you might as well have fun with it earlier rather than later.

Concept17

I'll be trading in a bunch of old games at GS for this. They have a good deal going. I'll be getting the Sports Champion bundle along with either Eyepet for my daugther, or RE5 as I have yet to play it.

El-Suave

Two Sticks and one Nav Con are on their way and will arrive tomorrow from German Amazon.
Getting some games will take a day or two longer since I ordered those from the UK, but I already have R.U.S.E. and there'll be plenty downloadable demos till then and full PSN games, too.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I'll pick up the starter pack. Move has me interested in using my PS3 for something other than bluray movies :lol

Carl

I'm really looking forward to getting to play around with Move on friday :D Kinda hoping it gets delivered early, because i am actually rather hyped. Damn UK release dates for meaning we have to wait until Friday!

glaurung

I'm picking up the Move starter bundle with the 320GB CECH-2504-... console.

Hopefully they will have those in stock today or tomorrow.

It's been 17 days since my old PS3 died and this time has ravaged me horribly.

gofreak said:
Poor IGN...

Didn't realise there were that many levels in it. Very much looking forward to it.

The reviewer responds to a question on the IGN review in the comments:

I completed about five levels where the tower was leaning during the countdown and toppled off during. The game even records the number of blocks you used, so you can end up with a score lower than the requirement to get bronze.

There's even one level which requires you to place a block on an incline to complete a light puzzle - it just needs to be sliding slowly enough to hit the target for three seconds.

Re: the multiplayer game, perhaps it's possible for a player to place a block and for the tower to wobble for a few seconds before collapsing, but in every game I played, it waited a couple of seconds before transferring control, ensuring the player who placed the block was penalised.

I should perhaps point out that I finished every single puzzle in the game (albeit some with bronze medals and some with silver) before writing the review.

So wait, ALL of the Starter Disc demos will end up on PSN?

I feel silly for getting the Starter Pack now (have an Eye, but giving it away)...

Carl

Tranced Shadow said:

I feel silly for getting the Starter Pack now (have an Eye, but giving it away)...

They haven't been very clear, but i would be surprised if not

Tailzo

I am playing my ps3 in a kinda mini-cinema room. With a projector, and offcourse the room needs to be totally dark to get the best picture quality. As far as I remember, Eye of Judgment didn't work well in the dark. Does this mean I'll never be able to use move?

Getting move would be pretty cheap, since I have 4 dualshocks and a PS eye. But I wouldn't want to degrade the agming experience to moving my ps3 back to a 40" TV, it'll be about half of the usual picture size :(

Q: How does room lighting affect PlayStation Move gameplay?
A: The system is very robust and works under a range of lighting conditions, but it is important to keep in mind certain lighting conditions that can negatively impact gameplay. The room does not need to be dark to reach optimal gameplay; however, it is important to check that no direct bright light or sunlight is reflecting onto the controller or camera. Strong lighting from behind the player should be avoided — especially light that changes, such as light from another TV. Finally, if the camera sits on a very shiny surface, the camera might see reflections which may cause interference with gameplay.
Found this at IGN. Not sure if it would work in my cinema room then.

Belfast

Tranced Shadow said:

Don't feel too bad. I already have an Eye, but I use it for a webcam/microphone with my computer. With the Starter Pack, I can have one at the TV and not have to worry about constantly moving one back and forth and trying to recalibrate it every time.

filopilo

Tailzo said:
I am playing my ps3 in a kinda mini-cinema room. With a projector, and offcourse the room needs to be totally dark to get the best picture quality. As far as I remember, Eye of Judgment didn't work well in the dark. Does this mean I'll never be able to use move?

Getting move would be pretty cheap, since I have 4 dualshocks and a PS eye. But I wouldn't want to degrade the agming experience to moving my ps3 back to a 40" TV, it'll be about half of the usual picture size :(

the best way for the camera to see the move glowing lights is (pretty obviously) in the dark.The darker the better.

Tailzo

filopilo said:
the best way for the camera to see the move glowing lights is (pretty obviously) in the dark.The darker the better.
Oh, cool! Thanks, I misunderstood then. Guess getting the move will be very cheap for me then. Kinda interested now.

jax (old)

Banned
jey_16 said:
so Australia gets no games with the starter pack....only the the demo disc, screw that. I'm out

yup. I read the OP and I was like... I'd much rather a game than a stupid demo disc. The USA one is MUCH better. I'm looking at playasia right now.

X_X

shitty pal bundle is shitty

FUCK YOU SONY EURO/AUS

Belfast

Tailzo said:

Found this at IGN. Not sure if it would work in my cinema room then.

Why trust IGN when TTP made a perfectly good video of different lighting conditions? It should be in the OP under the iWaggle3D section.

Tailzo

Belfast said:
Why trust IGN when TTP made a perfectly good video of different lighting conditions? It should be in the OP under the iWaggle3D section.
Ok, I had kinda ignored all Move information up until now, since I don't play my wii that often, and I thought the Move wouldn't work in my room anyway. Thanks for helping me out though. I am buying one move controller just to try it out. (Mostly because of LBP 2 and trying out Move supported demoes).

spats

Awesome work on the OP, was getting worried we wouldn't get one. :)

Picking up my controller+Sports Champions tomorrow if all goes well. Can't wait!

Top Bottom