• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

I'm not seeing the awesomeness from that screen. Am I missing something? It looks nice and I like the artistic style, but not omg this will be the best game ever, nice. I mean, cortana looks like a piece of plastic. I guess my reaction is more of a result of everyone else freaking out about the screen. I'm not seeing the wow factor, though.

Ugh, these changes for matchmaking are horrendous. Even Reach had me more excited than this, which is really scary. Let me say that again. Reach had me more more excited than this. Sure, I'll wait until we get to see the game for ourselves, but this is just absurd. Devs have taken too many shits on Halo since Combat Evolved, and that's where we're at. Frankie and David can continue to try and do damage control, but there is nothing to control. They're making a different game, which is not really rectifiable, and this what they chose and wanted to do. Now shall we dispense with the bull?

I'm done with my rant, and maybe they'll surprise me in the end, but 343's direction for matchmaking is a straight up train wreck from my current vantage point.
please surprise me :(

Wiggum2007

Another nice quote from that article:

That sounds good but I swear every single Halo sequel they talk about how the levels dwarf all other Halo levels but then they end up the same.

Like when they talked about how Halo 2's levels were so huge that in one of them you could fit the entirety of all Halo 1's levels? I guess maybe if they were talking about the size of the inaccessible background skybox lol.

Make me eat crow Frankles!

That sounds good but I swear every single Halo sequel they talk about how the levels dwarf all other Halo levels but then they end up the same.

Like when they talked about how Halo 2's levels were so huge that in one of them you could fit the entirety of all Halo 1's levels? I guess maybe if they were talking about the size of the inaccessible background skybox lol.

Make me eat crow Frankles!

Or just how HUGE the levels in Reach were gonna be

*first level, drive around in pick-up truck for 2 minutes bypassing wasted space*

Not true. Well, kind of. It depends. "Largest" can refer to many different things. Speaking strictly of encounters, Halo 3 is far larger than Halo 1 and Halo 2.

However, leading up to Reach's release, Marcus Lehto said in the ViDoc that Reach would have "bigger battles," but we never got anywhere close to the size of Halo 3.

GhaleonEB

343 is already giving Halo 4 the largest levels the series has ever seen

WeaselDance.gif

Homeboyd

Wait, I just read that article:

Gamestop Article said:
The Spartan Ops story will stretch out for several weeks, but not months, according to O'Connor. And beyond that? "Season one comes free with the game. If we did another season we would be building that from scratch. Maybe that will be DLC; maybe it goes in the next game. We are still tinkering with that."
I'm confused.

What happens after the season ends? And I thought they said a couple month's worth of content? If the content ends after a couple of weeks and they *might* make more for DLC, then... the mode will stay as is until that happens, unaltered? Is each "mission" comparable to a new Firefight map?

:/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder why Frankie doesn't post there.
Boycott Waypoint.

What happens after the season ends? And I thought they said a couple month's worth of content? If the content ends after a couple of weeks and they *might* make more for DLC, then... the mode will stay as is until that happens, unaltered? Is each "mission" comparable to a new Firefight map?
I'm expecting mini-missions that will include Firefight-like scenarios. They'll be released on a weekly basis, and once released we can go back and play them any time. I'd be surprised if they lasted only a few weeks, though. I'm expecting at least three months of content.

Homeboyd

I'm expecting mini-missions that will include Firefight-like scenarios. They'll be released on a weekly basis, and once released we can go back and play them any time. I'd be surprised if they lasted only a few weeks, though. I'm expecting at least three months of content.
Yeah that's what I've read as well but the quote about the "few weeks, but not months" came from the article that Frankie supposedly said.

I can see how essentially releasing 5 new "Firefight-like" maps each week for a few weeks would be enough content to last for a long time... it's just weird that the new mode will only see new content for a couple weeks considering the likely lifetime of the game.

I understand it's a ton of content (especially considering the story-telling part of it), but if it's replacing Firefight then you'd think it would be able to stand alone for the duration of game's life (which I'm guessing it will). Guess we need more details...

Whoa, the BR is a 5 shot kill? Magnum is 6Sk with only an 8 round mag? WTF?

I hope that changes before launch.

Impressions from playing it for the first time at an event might come into play there. I don't think either of those numbers are right (the 8 round mag for the pistol is probably sadly true though).

FyreWulff

They are also letting retailers set the price for the games they sell. Its weird when Nintendo is doing more smart shit than Microsoft and Sony.

Add in the fact that Nintendo has clan support with over a thousand people in each group/clan allowed for their games now... what the hell is MS doing with all that subscriber money?

I mean, Nintendo is catching up in other areas that they need to. But they did just announce that they're going to title update MarioKart 7 now. So they're getting parity in the other areas they were behind Sony and MS with.

wwm0nkey

Add in the fact that Nintendo has clan support with over a thousand people in each group/clan allowed for their games now... what the hell is MS doing with all that subscriber money?

I mean, Nintendo is catching up in other areas that they need to. But they did just announce that they're going to title update MarioKart 7 now. So they're getting parity in the other areas they were behind Sony and MS with.

Nintendo really can come back big time with the WiiU if they do things right and right now its looking like they are.

FyreWulff

I remember when I tried to make Citadel in H3 Forge based off of some early screenshots I saw. Good God was I off. lol This guy looks like he's putting a bit more research into it than I did. Wu, help him!

Also, google.doc!

Oh whoops I'll do that now. Got buried by work and applying for a passport.

You saw the new CC directive, right?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn it man. If you YY reload the sniper in Reach, it jams. I just couldn't get an overkill because of it.

Top Bottom