• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

wouwie

From a visual/atmosphere/music point of view, this game ranks amongst my favourite games ever. The paper world looks so wonderful, charming, creative, imaginative and fresh. And the folky music is a perfect match.

Am i the only one dreaming of a 3D platformer in this world on PS4? Seriously, i think it would work very well and look amazing on a big screen. I can't help but feel that Media Molecule should revisit this IP in the future.

Wait, what??!!! You sure £19.99 was taken and not £199.99? Either i'm understanding this wrong, or thats a pretty big mess up :p

Edit: In other news - You can run around in first person with camera. It's kinda awesome.
I let out a heavy sneeze while playing the game, and SURPRISE, something unexpected happened on screen. Blowing at the screen seems to also have an effect. I love these little extra touches.

£19.99

fWk4EiQ.png

Yep I'm happy with this mess up and won't bother returning it as I had planned lol

It's probably karma for your big donation some days ago ;)

Come think of it, those guys probably don't know what a Vita is so they just send you something with Tearaway on it :)

I did consider it to be Karma. It will make a nice gift for a friend this Christmas. You could be right with then unsure what a Vita is too!

The trial is awesome.

Zavvi, send me my Tearaway soon!

Hope they make the same error with yours as they did mine!

billsmugs

Noticed yesterday that I'd preordered Tearaway from Zavvi too £19.99 came out my account. Figured I'd just send it back as I bought digital, however the delivery arrived today.

The same thing happened to me, if you check your emails you'll probably have one from Zavvi saying "We are very sorry to inform you that due to an error in our warehouse we have dispatched the incorrect product" and asking you to arrange a date for a courier to pick it up.

I'm currently waiting on a reply from their customer service team to sort out if I can keep it (unlikely, but you never know!) or if I can get some additional compensation for the delay.

The same thing happened to me, if you check your emails you'll probably have one from Zavvi saying "We are very sorry to inform you that due to an error in our warehouse we have dispatched the incorrect product" and asking you to arrange a date for a courier to pick it up.

I'm currently waiting on a reply from their customer service team to sort out if I can keep it (unlikely, but you never know!) or if I can get some additional compensation for the delay.

Nothing from them yet, will keep an eye out though. The strange thing is if I look in my order history there is nothing at all about it. Not even my preorder.

billsmugs

Nothing from them yet, will keep an eye out though. The strange thing is if I look in my order history there is nothing at all about it. Not even my preorder.

That's weird, I got my email yesterday (after I spent about 4hrs getting to the Royal Mail distribution centre due to the package not fitting through my letter box, including a pointless 5 mile walk in the cold because I got lost trying to find it lol).

If the order is gone on the site and you haven't got an email then maybe you've got lucky and fallen through a crack somewhere in their system, in which case enjoy your free Vita I guess! I hope I can get things resolved quickly for me, but I'm not sending the Vita back unless I can get some kind of additional compensation and/or permission to use the Tearaway code in the box, since it's their mistake. Unfortunately I've found Zavvi's customer service very slow in the past, so it looks like I'm stuck playing the demo for now.

That's weird, I got my email yesterday (after I spent about 4hrs getting to the Royal Mail distribution centre due to the package not fitting through my letter box, including a pointless 5 mile walk in the cold because I got lost trying to find it lol).

If the order is gone on the site and you haven't got an email then maybe you've got lucky and fallen through a crack somewhere in their system, in which case enjoy your free Vita I guess! I hope I can get things resolved quickly for me, but I'm not sending the Vita back unless I can get some kind of additional compensation and/or permission to use the Tearaway code in the box, since it's their mistake. Unfortunately I've found Zavvi's customer service very slow in the past, so it looks like I'm stuck playing the demo for now.

Well I never had to sign for the package either. It's all a bit strange really, there was no packing slip in the box either. I'll keep it to one side for now, if i don't hear anything within the week I'll just consider it mine.

Good luck getting yours sorted.

Yuterald

Made this my wake-up game this morning and it's so fucking perfect. Got 100% in the first level and loving it. It's giving me those great 3D platformer vibes I only used to feel back on the N64, like in those Banjo-Kazooie days. So good.

the3ye

Has anyone else noticed, that if you download the demo and then unlock it to the full game, it still shows as "Tearaway (Trial & Unlock)". I want to download the full game so I can get the live area and icon of it, but I can't move my save over. There's also no update on the demo version, so I'm still running version 1.0. This sucks.

Same here, clean install (after unlocking in trial) but still shows as "trial & unlock" and no patch. Does LA and icon differ from full version?

Arrived in the post this morning, not had a chance to start playing yet. Really hope the sales for this game does well with the stiff competition it's facing, looks to be one of the most innovative games in a long time! and a £20 price tag can't hurt ;)

Zemm

This game has the most fun tilt level design I've seen in a game later on.

I still haven't received my Jukebox DLC code from SimplyGames yet even though I've emailed them about it, bummer because the music in this is so so good. Hope they get it to me.

Rizob

Noticed yesterday that I'd preordered Tearaway from Zavvi too £19.99 came out my account. Figured I'd just send it back as I bought digital, however the delivery arrived today.

aXHdrwZ.jpg

Same thing has happened to me. I pre-ordered it several months ago for £19.99 and that's all i've been charged, yet this bundle arrived today and i don't know what to do :/

zroid

Banned
LOL you guys ordered the game, and they sent you the Vita bundle? Amazing.

Reminds me of the time I pre-ordered Metal Gear Rising for $40, and when it shipped they sent me the limited edition valued at $150

Same thing has happened to me. I pre-ordered it several months ago for £19.99 and that's all i've been charged, yet this bundle arrived today and i don't know what to do :/

Merry Christmas?

I'm leaving mine for a week and if I hear nothing then I'm going to decide what to do with it. I've already bought Tearaway digitally anyway so I'm not actually missing out on playing the game.

billsmugs

Do you have an email from Zavvi (subject: "Order Update") apologising for the mistake?

I wonder how many people this has happened to?

For reference, this is the email I got (with my details removed), received at 16:34 on Friday:
Zavvi said:
Hello {name}

Thank you for your recent order for Tearaway PS Vita, order number {Order #}

We are very sorry to inform you that due to an error in our warehouse we have dispatched the incorrect product.

We are contacting you in order for us to arrange a collection of the incorrect item which is on the way to you.

If possible, please keep the parcel in its original packaging ready to hand back to the courier.

Please can you clarify the following information so that we can arrange this as soon as possible?

A suitable collection address:
A suitable day for collection:
The date the item was received:
Your contact number:

Please login to your online account and reply through the messaging centre.

As soon as this has been received by us, we will dispatch the original item ordered.

If there is anything else we can help you with then please let us know.

Kind regards,
zavvi.com Customer Service.

hohoXD123

Do you have an email from Zavvi (subject: "Order Update") apologising for the mistake?

For reference, this is the email I got (with my details removed), received at 16:34 on Friday:

Wonder what would happen if you "accidentally" deleted that email.

Rizob

I just checked and they have sent it to an old email address that i switched from months ago. Looks like they sent confirmation that my PS4 would arrive on launch day to there as well so that's something i guess! Looks like i need to arrange a collection then :(

Vamphuntr

Is the Vita bundle also going to be available in NA? I'm shopping for a Vita and I want this game so much. 16Gb card is great too. The only bundle I can find here is the Walking Dead bundle that comes with a 4Gb card and I hate the walking dead.

billsmugs

Wonder what would happen if you "accidentally" deleted that email.

My conscience wouldn't let me do that, plus I'd worry about being charged for it. I've contacted them through the the site about keeping it or getting compensated though, so I'm not just going to send it back right away.

Maybe I'm too honest for my own good, but hopefully I'll get something out of the situation, even if it isn't quite as good as a free Vita.

EDIT:
I just checked and they have sent it to an old email address that i switched from months ago. Looks like they sent confirmation that my PS4 would arrive on launch day to there as well so that's something i guess! Looks like i need to arrange a collection then :(

I'd try to get something out of them as compensation before handing it straight back personally (even if it didn't cost you quite as much effort to collect as it did for me). Certainly sending it back without complaint is the fastest way to get your copy of the game though.

Rizob

I'd try to get something out of them as compensation before handing it straight back personally (even if it didn't cost you quite as much effort to collect as it did for me). Certainly sending it back without complaint is the fastest way to get your copy of the game though.

Yeah i would like to get my copy of the game out asap after trying the demo and it's not like it's causing any hassle to me. The delivery arrived on my day off work anyway and i have arranged for them to collect it on the same day they are delivering my PS4, which i have booked off work anyway (of course!).

billsmugs

Yeah i would like to get my copy of the game out asap after trying the demo and it's not like it's causing any hassle to me. The delivery arrived on my day off work anyway and i have arranged for them to collect it on the same day they are delivering my PS4, which i have booked off work anyway (of course!).

Fair enough, I'd probably be inclined to do the same if I hadn't gone to so much effort to collect the delivery (which was at least partially Zavvi's fault for sending a different item that was much bigger than what I'd expected). I would love to get the game quickly (it's one of my most anticipated games this year), but I've also got lots of work to do that it would distract me from, so I can live without it for the time being.

Have they got back you yet confirming the collection date? I've had to deal with their customer service before and they can be pretty slow, it would be good if they are dealing with this issue more quickly than usual and responding to messages over the weekend.

Zemm

Oh my at the ending.
Most emotional I've ever been for a game, no tears were shed, but they were damn close!
What a wonderful game.

jacobeid

Banned
I'm going to be going on a few international flights in the next few weeks and I really want to save Tearaway for that. This is going to be killer. I played the first few levels before forcing myself to put it down.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
6b92f24381f5a66b10df658b68d3e9d1ad4d164f.jpg

Me and my girlfriend playing the demo last night.

Amazing!

I was putting my cat in every one of those shots :p My little world is probably doubly frightened of the cat yous.

Top Bottom