• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Good Girls Have Become As Extinct As Unicorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if I find a Good Girl and manage to remove its horn, will I be able to heal the sick?

Be sure not to drink her blood, or you'll be cursed. That means making sure you keep track of the time of the month when you're going down on her. All it takes is a bit of residue and you're done.

Pau

Props bro, fuck these people in this thread giving you shit. What did you say, you are trying to raise your girls and worry about them being teenagers? How could anyone have a problem with this? Pau really? Wow he wants his daughters to be respectable when they are in their teens/early adulthood. All about him!!! What a snarky little comment.

If you were joking please punch me in my face btw. I just laugh, gaffers giving this dude shit for trying to be a good dad .... how dare he!
Honestly? I thought the comment was a troll trying to be funny and completely read it the wrong way.

Riggs

Banned
Honestly? I thought the comment was a troll trying to be funny and completely read it the wrong way.

Two other people gave him shit, lol gaf amazes .... we are all like in our 20's for the most part. Wait till you all have kids. Because if I had daughters (nevermind two daughters ... ) I would die of a fucking heart attack at 28 years old , knowing what it's going to be like raising two girls in this day and age.

Ever heard of David Cross?

"Hey daddy why do you get to watch TV, and have electricity and stuff, and I don't?"

"Well that's because your Amish honey".

Also sorry Pau I am a dick and you can punch me in the face.

stufte

It is in your case, anyway.

You can be a good parent without slut-shaming your children. Not saying that's your intention, but that's obviously the intention of the article.

So it's bad to hope that your daughters have a healthy outlook on sexual activity? I'd say the same if I had boys.

Sex is great, sex is wonderful, but my hope is that my girls won't use sex as a tool to get what/where they want in life. Be that love, respect or whatever else.

MDSLKTR

LokmdR6.jpg

So it's bad to hope that your daughters have a healthy outlook on sexual activity? I'd say the same if I had boys.

Sex is great, sex is wonderful, but my hope is that my girls won't use sex as a tool to get what/where they want in life. Be that love, respect or whatever else.

I think that's totally healthy, and totally admirable. I agree with you. I just don't think your views align with the author of the article in the OP who obviously thinks a great deal of shame and self-sacrifice is part of a "healthy" sexual outlook (but only for women). I don't think anyone in this thread would fault you for raising your girls to respect themselves.

Be sure not to drink her blood, or you'll be cursed. That means making sure you keep track of the time of the month when you're going down on her. All it takes is a bit of residue and you're done.
Why would you go down on her, she's a good girl. Missionary only, and only for procreation. And you better not enjoy it.

stufte

I think that's totally healthy, and totally admirable. I agree with you. I just don't think your views align with the author of the article in the OP who obviously thinks a great deal of shame and self-sacrifice is part of a "healthy" sexual outlook. I don't think anyone in this thread would fault you for raising your girls to respect themselves.

My views definitely don't align with the author. Though I think "slut-shaming" is stupid, I'd hope that my kids don't end up sleeping with every person they meet and have some sort of respect for themselves.

Pau

Two other people gave him shit, lol gaf amazes .... we are all like in our 20's for the most part. Wait till you all have kids. Because if I had daughters (nevermind two daughters ... ) I would die of a fucking heart attack at 28 years old , knowing what it's going to be like raising two girls in this day and age.

Ever heard of David Cross?

"Hey daddy why do you get to watch TV, and have electricity and stuff, and I don't?"

"Well that's because your Amish honey".

Also sorry Pau I am a dick and you can punch me in the face.
I don't know if I would die of a heart attack because of the whole sex thing. I'm not a parent, but have been a teenage girl, and teaching them about consent, protection, and that their self worth is not tied to their sex lives seems like the best way to go.

And I don't want to punch you in the face. What if you dropped your cig? :C

My views definitely don't align with the author. Though I think "slut-shaming" is stupid, I'd hope that my kids don't end up sleeping with every person they meet and have some sort of respect for themselves.
People who sleep with every person they meet can and still do respect themselves. The amount of sex someone has is not tied to anyone's self worth.

nullset2

The fuck even is that article trying to say.
Different people, different minds and motivations and stuff. Are you really trying to pass a generalization as fact to me? That usually... you know what I don't even know where to begin with this.

the fuck

Riggs

Banned
I don't know if I would die of a heart attack because of the whole sex thing. I'm not a parent, but have been a teenage girl, and teaching them about consent, protection, and that their self worth is not tied to their sex lives seems like the best way to go.

And I don't want to punch you in the face. What if you dropped your cig? :C

People who sleep with every person they meet can and still do respect themselves. The amount of sex someone has is not tied to anyone's self worth.

I grew up as a teenage boy, and you should be scared if you have a daughter. Because we are nasty bastards and will try so hard to get laid at that age. But be scared in a good way ya know? Just know most guys are pure dogs at that age.

I was a good guy I never pushed myself on a girl or anything like that, but jesus christ all I could think about was sex. So the thought of having a girl scares the shit out of me. I am totally making her Amish if it ever happens.

Thanks for not punching me btw this was the last smoke I have, Corey and Trevor are fucking useless.

Pau

Probably not enough, though. IMO.

I agree.
Personally, I don't know how you can say both of these things without contradicting yourself.

I grew up as a teenage boy, and you should be scared if you have a daughter. Because we are nasty bastards and will try so hard to get laid at that age. But be scared in a good way ya know? Just know most guys are pure dogs at that age.

I was a good guy I never pushed myself on a girl or anything like that, but jesus christ all I could think about was sex. So the thought of having a girl scares the shit out of me. I am totally making her Amish if it ever happens.

Thanks for not punching me btw this was the last smoke I have, Corey and Trevor are fucking useless.
As a teenage girl, sex was frequently on my mind too. I honestly don't get why I should have been scared then and why I should be scared if I have a daughter.

But that's why I said it's very important to teach teenagers about consent. I'm pretty sure you're joking about the Amish thing, but I think teaching them to be scared of sex (or ignoring that it exists) leads to the exact opposite of a healthy attitude about sex.

As a teenage girl, sex was frequently on my mind too. I honestly don't get why I should have been scared then and why I should be scared if I have a daughter.

But that's why I said it's very important to teach teenagers about consent. I'm pretty sure you're joking about the Amish thing, but I think teaching them to be scared of sex (or ignoring that it exists) leads to the exact opposite of a healthy attitude about sex.

Girls don't have those thoughts, though.

Riggs

Banned
Personally, I don't know how you can say both of these things without contradicting yourself.

The thing is, if I had a daughter I would love her so much. The thought of some little sleeze ball like myself at 14 trying to put his hands on her would make me rage so hard. But honestly you are right, she would end up working at Rick's Cabaret if all I did was teach her to be scared of sex. And I am joking about the Amish thing too, I think ...

I honestly am scared shitless of having a daughter though, not joking about that at all. Hope to god I have a son. Because I will be the most controlling prick of a father if I have a girl. Let's just hope I never have kids lol.

Pau

Girls don't have those thoughts, though.
Oh man. Maybe I'm not a girl then! D:

The thing is, if I had a daughter I would love her so much. The thought of some little sleeze ball like myself at 14 trying to put his hands on her would make me rage so hard. But honestly you are right, she would end up working at Rick's Cabaret if all I did was teach her to be scared of sex. And I am joking about the Amish thing too, I think ...
But she might (will probably) want some little sleeze ball to put his hands on her and vice versa. Why would her doing something she enjoys (as long as it's done safely, obviously) make you angry?

Riggs said:
I honestly am scared shitless of having a daughter though, not joking about that at all. Hope to god I have a son. Because I will be the most controlling prick of a father if I have a girl. Let's just hope I never have kids lol.
Yeah, you might want to work on that. Honest, we're not that bad! :p

Rayis

So apparently sex makes you a horrible, immoral person who eats babies and worships Satan. Also men can have as much sex as they want without becoming wicked beings.

Fuck this shitty article.

dionysus

Yaldog

I think it is a naive view that sex is casual and can be had with many partners without emotional consequences. For both men and women. Nor are teenagers often emotionally mature enough to understand their own motivations for having sex. Especially at low maturity levels, the desire to fit in is probably the biggest reason kids do anything. Of course that extends to many situations beyond sex.

I don't know if you are advocating that point of view, but it seems like you are saying as long as the person is consenting it is cool whatever he or she chooses. I think that is naive. People consent all the time to things that are emotionally destructive. I don't advocate we do anything about the choices others make, but I certainly think it is terrible to council your kids that the most important thing in determining when you should have sex is consent. Obviously it is a requirement that both parties consent, but there are many other factors that should be weighed before taking that leap.

Riggs

Banned
Oh man. Maybe I'm not a girl then! D:

But she might (will probably) want some little sleeze ball to put his hands on her and vice versa. Why would her doing something she enjoys (as long as it's done safely, obviously) make you angry?

Yeah, you might want to work on that. Honest, we're not that bad! :p

I couldn't deal with it, like when she was 18 and married ya I can get over it. But at like 13? Ughhhh I'd put that kid through the window. I need therapy or something.

I think it is a naive view that sex is casual and can be had with many partners without emotional consequences. For both men and women. Nor are teenagers often emotionally mature enough to understand their own motivations for having sex. Especially at low maturity levels, the desire to fit in is probably the biggest reason kids do anything. Of course that extends to many situations beyond sex.

I don't know if you are advocating that point of view, but it seems like you are saying as long as the person is consenting it is cool whatever he or she chooses. I think that is naive. People consent all the time to things that are emotionally destructive. I don't advocate we do anything about the choices others make, but I certainly think it is terrible to council your kids that the most important thing in determining when you should have sex is consent. Obviously it is a requirement that both parties consent, but there are many other factors that should be weighed before taking that leap.

I think it is naive to think that there are emotional consequences with every sexual encounter. Experimenting safely is fun.

I couldn't deal with it, like when she was 18 and married ya I can get over it. But at like 13? Ughhhh I'd put that kid through the window. I need therapy or something.

It's not odd that you would want to put someone through a wall at the age of 13. People that young don't understand sex and all the responsibilities that come with it. People at 18 don't understand either, but at least they're a little more well equipped to deal with an issue should one arise.

I would be upset at both my son and daughter if I found out they had sex at that early of an age.

ReiGun

The double standard is so ridiculous. So you want someone "good" that doesn't have sex often if at all, but it's totally cool to just stick your dick wherever? You should hold your potential partner to standards you yourself cannot hope to meet.

dionysus

Yaldog
I think it is naive to think that there are emotional consequences with every sexual encounter. Experimenting safely is fun.

Maybe for mature adults though I even wonder about that. There are chemical processes going on in the brain at the most basic level. But a mature adult is able to understand their own motivations and has a history to rely upon to understand themselves.

I was replying to a conversation specifically about teenagers, and young teenagers at that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's ridiculous for a guy with numerous sexual conquests to expect a "unicorn" (protip: non-promiscuous girls or virgins aren't that rare at all) to go for them. People tend to end up with people who have the same values.

Philia

It's ridiculous for a guy with numerous sexual conquests to expect a "unicorn" (protip: non-promiscuous girls or virgins aren't that rare at all) to go for them. People tend to end up with people who have the same values.

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom