• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 5's special edition map has a hidden message

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
On the back, but can only be seen via a UV light.

map1x4ib3.jpg

map29ifxq.jpg

map3v5d9t.jpg

T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises.
Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.
Lago Zan Cudo.
Great Ocean, Highway north,
through north Chumash,
0.5 miles past Raton Canyon.
When guard rail ends,
follow the dirt road down the docks.
Bring $500,000 cash.

Hanmik

so you figured that out yourself..? is it normal procedure to use UV light on everything you buy Eatchildren..?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not my image ya drongos. Would never buy this filth. Dunno if it's real, but I believe.

Ken

alright guys time to shine uv lights on every special and limited edition paper map, cloth map, poster, coin, and statue

Thezez

Banned
Well I got there, I think... not sure really what I'm looking for.. but here is what I've found:
There was a $250,000 property to buy which gives you a sub at the end of the dock, looks like some missions as well, having a go at that now.

Just tried myself. Amazing (the notes are translated in the box language, btw).

There are stains too. I hope it's just some
fake
blood.

eso76

this is very cool.
I wish i found out myself but then again there's no way i could :p

But seriously, how did people find out ? people usually shine UV lights on their games' manuals ?

Who decides to just say "Oh, I haven't checked the map under a UV light yet. Best get on it?"

But yeah, I love the little details Rockstar put into their stuff.

glaurung

this is very cool.

But seriously, how did people find out ? people usually shine UV lights on their games' manuals ?
Coked-up GTA fans staring at the map in a night club.

winstano

this is very cool.

Apparently some places were selling the special edition with a UV light disguised as a pen, someone put 2&2 together

Didn't the Collector's Edition of Halo Reach have a hidden message of some kind taht was revealed with a UV light as well? Maybe people have just started doing the UV light thing because other games have done it in the past. Just a thought.

Xanathus

This sounds like something that was intentionally leaked by Rockstar because who would think to use UV light on the map?

Zertez

I use to smoke and play games when I was younger. The girl I was with always would turn on the black light everytime she was there. She said normal lighting gave her a headache and I didnt care one way or another when she was there. Wouldnt be surprised if others played games like this and found the hidden clues.

Top Bottom