• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight Club DLC *OUT NOW FREE*

Phloxy

HUGE dlc for Midnight Club LA is out right now for free on the xbox live marketplace, probably Thursday for PSN.

2 car packs
Car Pack 1=
'09 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT,
'08 Audi S5,
'08 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG.

Car Pack 2 =
08 Cadillac XLR,
'08 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X,
'07 Aston Martin DB9,
'08 Ducati 1098.

South Central city expansion, Adds South Central, new races, new missions, and these new vehicles:
'66 Pontiac GTO,
'63 Buick Riviera,
'55 Chevy Bel Air,
'65 Malibu,
'64 Chevy Impala,
'70 Chevy Chevelle,
'08 Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG "Black",
'08 Range Rover Supercharged, and a '08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged.

ALL FOR FREE! Thank you Criterion for raising the bar for DLC.
Thank you Rockstar for reaching the same mark.

Dead Man

Holy shit. Colour me impressed. I was down on the car list, even though the game is excellent. This fixes my main gripe. Rockstar redeemed. Now I just need to wait until Thursday for PSN...

*looks at clock...*

DAMNIT! Are we there yet?

Also, thanks to Criterion. I don't have Burnout, but I reckon their DLC model may have influenced this a bit.

M3wThr33

Banned
Probably a price glitch. Will be fixed soon?

Also, RANGE ROVER?

Those are the SUVs we get? Two of the same god damn Range Rover?

usarchy_angry_monkey_fullpic.jpg

No Denali? No Explorer? Expedition? Suburban? X5?

A god damn RANGE ROVER?

Fuck, give me a Silverado or some shit here.

Mohonky

Why are all the downloads on the xbox.com marketplace coming up as 1gb each? Is it really 4gb worth of download or is one download contain the lot?

What's weird is that despite it listing 4 different downloads, they're all the same size (1.37GB) and when you try to add anything to your queue other than the first, it says you're already downloading it. One of them has "free" in the title, but in the description it says "allows you to play with blah blah something who have purchased South Central blah blah."

I'm downloading it now. I picked it up when it was $40 at Best Buy right before Christmas but haven't had a chance to play it much just yet.

Dead Man

Diablohead said:
Released: 25/08/2005

Maybe it's all bugged atm, grab them while you can?
Hope not. C'mon Rockstar. Be good.

Edit: The only cars I care about are in the South Central Expansion... Hope it really is free. I seem to rememember an interview where there would be some free and some not.

supermackem said:
Hmmm you try to add them all and there all the same size and wont add more than one to your download que.
Yeah it's like all 4 items are the same thing, rather odd but maybe its all packed together and you just have access to what you pay for, if you ever pay for any of it that is.

M3wThr33

Banned
Or maybe they accidentally uploaded a single price and file for all the items, whereas it should be for just South Central (The map) and the car packs/races cost money.

BUT if you grab them while they are free, you can redownload once the proper file is in place.

M3wThr33 said:
Or maybe they accidentally uploaded a single price and file for all the items, whereas it should be for just South Central (The map) and the car packs/races cost money.

BUT if you grab them while they are free, you can redownload once the proper file is in place.
I think you still need your xbox to see the download to confirm it, when the gold lancer in gears 2 was up for free on the marketplace I "brought" it on the website marketplace but my 360 was at home, 2 weeks after they fixed it and turning my xbox on I had an error saying the gold lancer could not download, so I lost out.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can Xbox Live Silver members download it?

Edit: Yes they can, and it does seem glitchy. There's 4 distinct items to download but they're all actually the same thing.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Wario64 said:
Can Xbox Live Silver members download it?

Edit: Yes they can, and it does seem glitchy. There's 4 distinct items to download but they're all actually the same thing.
Didn't PGR4 and Forza do the same thing?

Everdred

Mohonky said:
Why are all the downloads on the xbox.com marketplace coming up as 1gb each? Is it really 4gb worth of download or is one download contain the lot?
I added them all to my queue and it simply added the South Central - Gameplay Expansion Pack and called it 1.4GB. I'm really confused. All I know is this better still be free when I get off work in 4 hours.

Mohonky

I've downloaded the DLC but I'm not sure how to access it in the game. I started my game up but no new vehicles in the garage or new roads etc. Anyone know how to activate it.

What?? I cannot download this because I live in the Netherlands? What is this shit!

"This offer is not available in your country"

Mohonky

Zoolaga said:
Its been pulled from Live now. I installed it earlier but it didn't change anything ingame.

Yeh same here, I was wondering whether it needed to be activated or something.

It's still up though, I just saw it not 30sec ago.

jts

...hate me...
I can see this:

-Not hitting europe (paid DLC if it does)
-Not hitting europe's PSN (and if it does, it's paid)
-Not hitting my country's PSN (paid if it does)
-Hitting a PS Store I can reach but some contents will be cut and it will be paid

Dead Man

Zoolaga said:
Its been pulled from Live now. I installed it earlier but it didn't change anything ingame.
So, not free then. Boo.

Edit: Shit, maybe free again. Stop teasing me Rockstar!!

I'm 99% certain Rockstar already announced that they were releasing South Central as DLC and that it would be free. I'd say this will all stay free and all regions will get it soon.

Zoolaga

Mohonky said:
Yeh same here, I was wondering whether it needed to be activated or something.

It's still up though, I just saw it not 30sec ago.

Its not up on the UK marketplace anymore. Just trailers and a picture pack now. The dlc was just the same file repeated 4 times under different names, so its pretty clear they've some kind of mistake. I just hope that it is actually free when they do release it.

jts

...hate me...
M3wThr33 said:
Probably a price glitch. Will be fixed soon?

Also, RANGE ROVER?

Those are the SUVs we get? Two of the same god damn Range Rover?

usarchy_angry_monkey_fullpic.jpg

No Denali? No Explorer? Expedition? Suburban? X5?

A god damn RANGE ROVER?

Fuck, give me a Silverado or some shit here.
Actualy the Range Rover and the Range Rover Sport are pretty different cars on their own right (different platform etc) and fuck if they aren't better than any american SUV :lol

pilonv1

It's on the AUS marketplace but you need to go and find it under Racing Games - Midnight Club LA.

All the links are giving me errors though. Trying the website version now - not valid in my region :(

Zhuk

Banned
So this arrives on PSN Thursday?? (hopefully?) if so AWESOME, can't wait to have my '64 impala cruising through South Central :D

I caught this thread this morning before going to work, I come back home and zip... zippo... zippity. :(

Does anyone know what happened? Checked official site but no news on it there.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
The actual map area was supposed to be free and the new races and cars were supposed to be paid DLC.

matthsv said:
The actual map area was supposed to be free and the new races and cars were supposed to be paid DLC.

Yeah I was under that impression too, dunno if Rockstar's plans have changed or no-one told MS..?

Brakara said:
Apparently, the DLC shouldn't have been up (it's currently being tested):

http://aceybongos.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!34EFB79E92974FD2!16380.entry

you may have had the chance to download it while it was up there. If you did and if it's sitting on your hard drive you should delete it - reason being that it was being tested when it was mistakenly put live and therefore it may not work properly, the Achievements won't register and could cause you problems with your Midnight Club: LA game saves. was meant to cost 800pts and you just got it for free ya cheapskates.

Anyone else read it like that too :p

Top Bottom