• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Here is the post

I do not know the history of this gaffer but I believed for the avid fans of the versus series of MvC, it would be an injustice to not instill some hope into what can be the revival of a iconic franchise. Please discuss what you'd like to see and what you might imagine MvC4 may be. I'll update the post with previous tweets from figures within the FGC, from commentators to YouTube uploaders hinting at something similar to this.

FADC me into a Doom infinite if old/unnecessary.

Edit:

Thanks to Panda for hooking us up with an image of the post for posterity.

Pg0kaUy.jpg

Edit 2:

I'd like to reiterate something, if the mods believe I'm trolling or anything else, that is not the case. I made this post because I myself am a marvel fan and reading this brought my hopes up as everyone else's. If the mods deem this thread unworthy, they can delete it, they manage the site with Evilore.

Edit 3:

Welp, from the person who brought you MvC3 stuff

schaft0620

I love the new people running the Marvel/Disney video games, they are going to make a lot of great games starting with this Spider-Man game. Let's hope it's true and the post gets vetted.

notworksafe

251805051192868865.png
234440948518486021.png
234440948518486021.png
234440948518486021.png
234440948518486021.png
234440948518486021.png
234440948518486021.png
251805069052215296.png

Famitsu: Are we going to see other titles than Street Fighter during that time, as well... ?

Ayano: That's not something I'd know, at my level, haha. Please, Ono-san, take over.

Ono: I'd be happy if we could. But first, we'd have to solidify Street Fighter 5 as an eSports title. I said in the beginning that we've seen a higher number of entrants than we had in the Street Fighter 4 era, but we'd like to heighten that even further.

The more people participate, the bigger tournaments we can host, and the more people are going to watch them, which is directly connected with our sales, and that's going to decide the future.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Capcom in the past have denied on multiple occasions on not working on certain games/characters so I'd hold Capcom's word with a grain of salt. They like to lie to keep things under wraps. I need to go right now but I'll be sure to update the post when I can.

Eolz

Idontbelieveyou.gif
Especially if they all have the same source that says the same thing every year.

Neoxon

Uhh......

If true, hopefully Capcom got the roster nailed down after Marvel had their change of heart concerning Fox characters.

PSqueak

Banned
Why, i didn't need hopes and hype on me right now.

But for all that is good, i hope is true, cause i just got my ps4 for mostly fighting games!

sephi22

A friend and gaffer said as much to me (he said that mvc4 is being worked on) but I have no idea if what he heard is legit or hearsay. He also says Combo fiend is in charge. Sounds too good to be true tbh.

Guess we will know at psx.
Still not holding my breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom