• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. SA main cogs are old as hell, this has been a rough season and MIA has a prime LBJ/WADE. OKC would be kinda suprising but still.

It's not Miami winning the series that would be shocking, it would be them winning all three at home. I still think Miami is winning it all but they aren't winning all three at home. They will do what Dallas did last year.

Gabyskra

Banned
Remember when there were talks of the Heat losing less than 10 games in a season? Now they got 20 in a shortened season...

EIGHTEENTH PICK FUTURE

Rodeo, did you read the Kahn/Adelman end of season presser? Seems like Kahn still irrationally thinks that the young players will get better, while Adelman wants change. I'm guessing that Taylor's pocketbook will win out and we'll be looking at more cheap moves and resigned crap players.

Cap is back <3

DARK HORSE LAKERS ARE NOW WHOLE.

<3 my man.

RandyQuaidHappy.jpg

I'm ready to be the Randy Quaid of Lakers Age.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nope. SA main cogs are old as hell, this has been a rough season and MIA has a prime LBJ/WADE. OKC would be kinda suprising but still.
This is not prime Wade.

But Miami not winning would be joke.

tmdorsey

You know I feel better about our chances in the first round than I did when Horford first went down.

Yeah that's all I got

You know I feel better about our chances in the first round than I did when Horford first went down.

Yeah that's all I got

I don't know why so many people are writing off the Hawks in that series. tbh I think it can go either way.

How healthy Ray is might decide it; if he isn't 80+% by game 2, the Hawks might start with a quick 2-0 lead. The series will be unnecessarily long cause its the Hawks, but I just look at the matchups and everything seems tilted ATL's way. Joe Johnson and J-smooth are problems

The Celtics have the better team tho, and they've been great the 2nd half of the season, so I wouldn't put it past them to overcome it.

Fuck. Tyson has the flu..."strong possibility" he misses game 1.

oh, knicks.

Woodson with the rope-a-dope?

Tyson flu game incoming!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
EIGHTEENTH PICK FUTURE

Rodeo, did you read the Kahn/Adelman end of season presser? Seems like Kahn still irrationally thinks that the young players will get better, while Adelman wants change. I'm guessing that Taylor's pocketbook will win out and we'll be looking at more cheap moves and resigned crap players.

I got updates on Twitter, but I didn't read it. Kahn defending his garbage doesn't surprise me. I will be pissed if scrubs like Webster get brought back, though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I can understand why Amare is sucking (bad knees, bad back, bad cornrows), but what's Bosh's excuse?

As a last resort, down 3-0, Woodson will try to create a modern-day Willis Reed moment: as the Garden smoke clears, Lin will trot onto the court, wave to his legion of supporters, and suit up to play.

Melo will take this as an affront to his alpha status and lay on the court motionless as the Knicks play 4 on 5.

Alrix

I can understand why Amare is sucking (bad knees, bad back, bad cornrows), but what's Bosh's excuse?

Amare looked pretty good yesterday. I know it was the Bobcats so you can't put much into his numbers from the game, but the way he was moving, jumping, shooting etc, was promising.

Haven't been watching Bosh a whole lot but I thought he was having a really good year?

Huh? Chris Bosh has taken Chris Bosh and reduced himself to a spot up jumpshooter.

Thats true to a degree, but I kinda find it hard to blame him

His coach has absolutely no idea what his talents are. They literally started using him as a low post guy for half his first year in Miami. He told them thats not who he is as a player; apparently they hadn't watched a single Raptor game before signing him. To his credit, he tried to bulk up to play the position they were force fitting him too, but ultimately, when it became painfully obvious, they conceded to logic. Now their definition of using him in the "high-post" is having him stand there and swing the ball between Bron and Wade in the middle, and take the occassional jumper.

Its comical.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

His coach has absolutely no idea what his talents are. They literally started using him as a low post guy for half his first year in Miami. He told them thats not who he is as a player; apparently they hadn't watched a single Raptor game before signing him. Now their definition of using him in the "high-post" is having him stand there and swing the ball between Bron and Wade in the middle, and take the occassional jumper.

Its comical.

I remember reading an article where Spoelstra pointed out that they figured out that they could post Bosh up on the other side of the court.

The M.O.B

Bosh on the right block is money, he can take any number of opposing PF's there and draw fouls easily.

Too bad he only gets this opportunity a few minutes a game when Lebron is not on the court

His coach has absolutely no idea what his talents are. They literally started using him as a low post guy for half his first year in Miami. He told them thats not who he is as a player; apparently they hadn't watched a single Raptor game before signing him. To his credit, he tried to bulk up to play the position they were force fitting him too, but ultimately, when it became painfully obvious, they conceded to logic. Now their definition of using him in the "high-post" is having him stand there and swing the ball between Bron and Wade in the middle, and take the occassional jumper.

Its comical.

But again, Bosh signed with the Heat. He knew he was going to be the third go-to guy. LeBron and Wade would have the most shots and would be the centerpiece of the offense. Bosh went there willingly.

But again, Bosh signed with the Heat. He knew he was going to be the third go-to guy. LeBron and Wade would have the most shots and would be the centerpiece of the offense. Bosh went there willingly.

Hes not supposed to be the alpha so what is he supposed to do? Yell at Bron/Wade while they are winning so many games? Those two seem like the kind who wouldn't respond well to criticism...at all.

Everything that he can control hes pretty much done; hes actually pretty damn good defensively now, despite the knocks against him early in his career, and the way he worked on his body in the summer is admirable. His rebounding is suspect as usual, but hes still the best on the team...

I don't usually do this with the Heat but I sympathize with him; I think he shouldn't have joined a super team cause he should've believed in his own abilities enough to do it on his own, but beyond that, I don't know what hes done wrong. They've got him shooting 3s out there ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom