• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Picture: 2010 in Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

Post your favs.

Group 1
Group 2
Group 3

y21_26158571.jpg

A North Korean man (right) on a bus waves his hand as a South Korean man weeps after a luncheon meeting during inter-Korean temporary family reunions at Mount Kumgang resort October 31, 2010. Four hundred and thirty-six South Koreans were visiting North Korea to meet their 97 North Korean relatives, whom they have been separated from since the 1950-53 war, for three days. (REUTERS/Kim Ho-Young) #

y01_23056097.jpg

Lightning streaks across the sky as lava flows from an Icelandic volcano in Eyjafjallajokul April 17, 2010. The volcano spewed ash into the air for weeks, wreaking havoc on flights across Europe

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Wow..Those were incredible. Makes you realize how much is happening in the world and how much we take for granted. Also makes you realize how beautiful the planet is.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Daaaamn nature, that's one of the best lighting sprites I've ever seen. They're maxing it out.

sarcastor

y23_25734567.jpg

Residents leave a danger zone as Indonesia's Merapi volcano releases ash clouds above Balerante village, Klaten on November 1, 2010. A series of eruptions and pyroclastic flows wreaked havoc on surrounding villages and farms, killing over 140 people. (ADEK BERRY/AFP/Getty Images) #

so bad ass and heart wrenching at the same time

raphier

Banned
I hate now how some threads are ruined by wannabe jokesters trying to be funny or something.

DonMigs85 said:
http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/2010_3_12_16/y35_26066717.jpg
Wowzers!
Tricky I Shadow said:
http://imgur.com/hSVsN.jpg
explain yourselves.

AkuMifune

Banned
These pictures are either heart-wrenchingly soul-crushing, heart-warmingly spirit-lifting or just plain hilarious.

But only one is effing badass.

y26_24563813.jpg

It's the Pakistani Dudebro in action!

iCyPW.jpg

After a 6.9 magnitude earthquake struck Yushu, Qinghai, China on April 14, 2010, killing over 2,500 residents, praying Tibetan monks are seen through flames, distorted by the heat shimmer above the mass cremation of victims of the earthquake on April 17, 2010.

AkuMifune said:
These pictures are either heart-wrenchingly soul-crushing, heart-warmingly spirit-lifting or just plain hilarious.

y26_24563813.jpg

Holy shit @ his hair.

Jake.

this shit is always incredible. this one really got me:

y20_24387009.jpg

In seawater covered by a thick layer of spilled oil, two Chinese firefighters, Zheng Zhanhong (center) and Han Xiaoxiong (top right) attempt to rescue their fellow firefighter Zhang Liang (only his hand visible) from drowning beneath the oil slick during clean-up operations at the port of Dalian, China on July 20, 2010. Zhang Liang was unable to resurface, and drowned.

Jeff-DSA

AkuMifune said:

y26_24563813.jpg

Is that Will Ferrell with some makeup and a dyed beard?!

y10_30051644.jpg

A dragonfish with teeth on both jaws and tongue is pictured in this image provided by the Census for Marine Life. even has teeth on its tongue. Though terrifying in appearance, the fish are only about the size of a banana. (AP Photo/Dr. Julian Finn, Museum Victoria, Census for Marine Life) #

<3 nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom