• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I still think explaining the Red and Blue seem kinda silly. It's like explaining Pong or something.

"The two bars are rival nation defenders trying desperately to prevent the Infinity Bomb from destroying their land"

Natiko

Banned
The magazine scans were always going to come out the day after the cover debuted, that almost always happens. We can't talk about the story in detail, because it is GI's exclusive. I will say that some of the things that "invested, emotional" players are "raising eyebrows slightly at" are being very misinterpreted ("random" weapon spawns for example) but we will be able to clarify some of those things in due time.

Some of the other features, abilities, are also being discussed with no context (not your guys' fault, obviously) and frankly, a video of TS would probably allay many of the especially hysterical reactions, but we're not there yet.

We haven't seen a single reaction we didn't expect (apart from the Dax love story) and we will clarify a lot of this stuff 100% in the coming weeks and months. SOME of the things in here won't be properly understood outside of a holistic experience (modes, progress, fictional setting, etc) but I am going to say one thing and leave it at that:

It feels like Halo, it does NOT feel or act like the other game(s) it's being compared to. Again, without playing it, you can't be blamed for jumping to certain conclusions.

I don't think that many people are worried that it won't feel like Halo, I think it's more that a lot of the stuff we heard about sounds like it will do nothing but bastardize our enjoyment in spite of the core mechanics. Hopefully we're all worried about nothing and the game is rainbows and sunshine. Also hoping that whatever exclusivity is holding you back from clarifying things further doesn't last this entire month, though I'm guessing that's exactly the case.

So any demo in the schedule?

I'll admit I am somewhat hyped for this mode. I'm really wondering how far they'll take it.
I sure hope it's pretty far. Despite Firefight's utter lack of updates, being able to play it online at any given (extremely drunk) time is a huge incentive for me. I sincerely hope it is received well enough by the community that it gets lots of post-launch love.

senador

Banned
Wow catching up on this thread was a real treat. People dying for scans like its Christmas, bannings, conclusion jumping. Good stuff. I understand why people are upset, I myself am disappointed until clarification comes, it's just hilarious to see some of it. Everything we have is out of context and the words of GI not so much 343, and we all know how great game journalists are. ;)

OWV's statement is what I expected and I'll be excited to learn more. I don't really feel damage control needs to be done though as the game is still a ways out, we don't know much, and things are still changing. What if some of it is as simple to explain as instant respawn is in social playlists only, or only up to level 15, or it's just in right now for testing in development?

Halo is dead. Lolz

CyReN

Thanks for posting Frankie.

4077899264_437e2a2f93_o.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Well Forerunner vision basically is a UAV in COD. It lets you see players without actually having to see them.

Not really. As will become clear. I imagine a competitive player with good situational awareness would try it once and eschew it for something else.

CyReN

Not really. As will become clear. I imagine a competitive player with good situational awareness would try it once and eschew it for something else.

If you can state, can we have classic halo for competitive use like weapon spawns and spawn times etc to use in customs/playlists? Would calm a lot of people going off on MLG right now and lower pitchforks<3

feel

The magazine scans were always going to come out the day after the cover debuted, that almost always happens. We can't talk about the story in detail, because it is GI's exclusive. I will say that some of the things that "invested, emotional" players are "raising eyebrows slightly at" are being very misinterpreted ("random" weapon spawns for example) but we will be able to clarify some of those things in due time.

Some of the other features, abilities, are also being discussed with no context (not your guys' fault, obviously) and frankly, a video of TS would probably allay many of the especially hysterical reactions, but we're not there yet.

We haven't seen a single reaction we didn't expect (apart from the Dax love story) and we will clarify a lot of this stuff 100% in the coming weeks and months. SOME of the things in here won't be properly understood outside of a holistic experience (modes, progress, fictional setting, etc) but I am going to say one thing and leave it at that:

It feels like Halo, it does NOT feel or act like the other game(s) it's being compared to. Again, without playing it, you can't be blamed for jumping to certain conclusions.
Cool thanks. Can't wait to learn more, hopefully crazy shit like jetpacks and xray are only in some special playlists or something.

And how didn't you expect Dax to say something like that?

Just gonna go ahead and guess that it reveals the position of the person using Forerunner Vision as well. The person using it will be visible to all players through walls and on radar.

If it's something of that extent, I wouldn't mind it.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member

I really hope so Frankie. I will say this. The story stuff for Single Player does sound interesting as hell. I'll give you guys that. I would suggest though that considering most of our reactions to the multiplayer stuff though that there needs to be a response that isn't vague and isn't PRish. I know you guys may not want to but fairly soon it needs to come too because waiting too long will permanently damage the perception of the game with the fans.

I just put x rated halo in google search...WOW.

Elites and Sgt. Johnson in compromising positions.

"This is it, baby. Hold me!"

CANON

Also, why would you give a magazine an exclusive if you knew it was just gonna be misinterpreted and piss people off, and putting you on an embargo that prevents you from doing much clarification?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
343 sound like smart people, so as a courtesy, I'll keep my critique short and inarticulate: SP sounds amazing, MP sound dumb.

Can't wait to watch my first MP match and be won over, though. Here's hoping.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member

CANON

Also, why would you give a magazine an exclusive if you knew it was just gonna be misinterpreted and piss people off, and putting you on an embargo that prevents you from doing much clarification?

Something Something Bill Gates with whip while dressed like Yogi Bear something something money something something ninjas.

senador

Banned

CANON

Misinterpretations, timelines, etc. They were going to come around to our houses but that didn't work out. ;)

TheOddOne

Something something game development something.

Things change like the wind bra.

barth

Neo Member
I have to say that after reading about all of the changes that are done to the multiplayer mode I've decided to rent this game instead of pre-ordering it, but the singleplayer and Spartan Ops bits won me over. So it's the limited (legendary?) edition for me, yet again.

Also I hope we'll see some "context" to the GI article.

BTW. I'm new here, so I would like to say 'Hi' to you all.

I have to say that after reading about all of the changes that are done to the multiplayer mode I've decided to rent this game instead of pre-ordering it, but the singleplayer and Spartan Ops bits won me over. So it's the limited (legendary?) edition for me, yet again.

Also I hope we'll see some "context" to the GI article.

BTW. I'm new here, so I would like to say 'Hi' to you all.

Hey Barth, you picked one hell of a time to join up. hahaha

If there are "ranks". Just levels now:/

Just say Ranks, customization to classic halo if wanted, good br/dmr, good maps" and I'll stfu until Winter 2012.

Ditto, if there's not a real skill ranking system somewhere in the game, my goodness, I dont wanna see the end result.

senador

Banned
343 sound like smart people, so as a courtesy, I'll keep my critique short and inarticulate: SP sounds amazing, MP sound dumb.

Can't wait to watch my first MP match and be won over, though. Here's hoping.

I would guess and hope that you'd be won over before your first match. At some point we'll have some good details and footage. I will guess though that you and many of us will have to adapt or compromise. Halo 4 will not be exactly what most here wanted. I didn't think we'd get that though, and no one really agrees on what "that" is anyway.

GhaleonEB

So, I need to ask a totally off-topic question.

We just got an iPad (specifically, an iPad 2). Naturally, the first order of business is Angry Birds; the kids have been begging for it for ages. Thing is, this is my first Apple product of any kind ever, so it's a whole new tech ecosystem to learn, and I am confuse.

My wife downloaded a free version that had ads, but those were driving me insane so I bought the $0.99 version. But that only plays in a tiny window in the middle of the screen; expanding it is hugely ugly. Do I have to buy the $3.99 version to get a decent visual quality on iPad? And if so why the hell was this tiny version even visible on the app store to me?

What in the hell are the parameters of "feeling like Halo?"

gif3bqadk.gif

We just got an iPad (specifically, an iPad 2). Naturally, the first order of business is Angry Birds; the kids have been begging for it for ages. Thing is, this is my first Apple product of any kind ever, so it's a whole new tech ecosystem to learn, and I am confuse.

My wife downloaded a free version that had ads, but those were driving me insane so I bought the $0.99 version. But that only plays in a tiny window in the middle of the screen; expanding it is hugely ugly. Do I have to buy the $3.99 version to get a decent visual quality on iPad? And if so why the hell was this tiny version even visible on the app store to me?

Yeah, you need the $3.99 version for it to look good on the iPad. And yeah, it's kinda lame.

Homeboyd

http://www.abload.de/img/gif3bqadk.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yeah, you can buy the iphone version of games on the ipad (which is what you got originally). Usually, getting the ipad version (full screen, HD) means you'll pay $3-5 for something that's $.99 on the iphone.

Edit: To add, the purchase buttons in the store with the "+" next to them are made for ipads.

Top Bottom