• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Can anyone confirm if I buy The Beatles Yellow Sub set for £55 but use a £20 gift card will I still get the Batman polybag? I want to know before I add the card to the site. Thank you

BahamutPT

It's done!
Wasn't expecting to enjoy the build so much, even though I was sure I was gonna love the final product, but ended up liking it quite a lot.

rXuTFX3.jpg

The actual bridge piece (the one to scale, not the cover thing) is annoying though. Just a loose 1x3 plate.

It's done!
Wasn't expecting to enjoy the build so much, even though I was sure I was gonna love the final product, but ended up liking it quite a lot.

The actual bridge piece (the one to scale, not the cover thing) is annoying though. Just a loose 1x3 plate.

This such a beautiful ship - did you buy it at MSRP?

I strongly regret not getting this and the Imperial Shuttle. The regrets actually made me take the plunge on the Death Star (10188) before it retired....but that was more than two years ago and I still haven't touched it. I may have made a mistake as for some reason I'm not very excited to build it.

mu cephei

I read the talk in this thread of The Scuttler as 'the scutter', that is, it made me think of the little robots from Red Dwarf, so I kind of dismissed it. But now I have seen it and I want it, it's fab. Love the 'bang' gun and all the figures too. I'm trying to hold out till next month though. Because today in the post arrived Imperial Shuttle Tydirium.

Ponn

Banned
Here's some random pics, first the oh so cute Krypto posing with my Dimensions Super Girl that was nearby

"Bad Krypto pooping in my shoes again, BAD DOG"

And now something different

Megablocks feels alot like those Mcfarlane constructions sets to me. Very stylized with specific pieces made so your end model comes out looking realistic. I'm sure there is a market for this and theres nothing wrong with that at all but to me it does lack the charm of Lego builds. I certainly am all for specific themes I love in this style like TMNT here. They put real love into the theme with doing these classic comic versions of the turtles and its fun getting super posable mini figs like this. I did have a problem with a couple of them having loose ball joints and their arm and hand kept popping off when posing but in the end its fine since they are just for display.

Sparse

Intended to only get Joker's Lowrider and Riddler's car.
Then I saw the chess set, and how many parts it had.
Then the Minecraft Desert Outpost set was half price...

Halp.

Unless he's referring to CMF blind bags?

I was referring to the CMF blind bags. My bad.

Also I buying the Beatles sub to get the bobble batman polybag and it says because I've spent over £25 I can get the batmobile from the sales assist. Is this an I store only thing?

Also I bought the making of TLBM book that was linked to a few days ago. Can't wait to dive into it this morning. I didn't expect it to be so big and to be a hardback. I thought the £16 I paid on amazon was a bit pricey but it's definitely not.

Bii

You are in for great stuff. Do you have the other Creator Expert vehicles? You should. Especially the Beetle.

This is my first Creator set. I'm definitely going to get the Beetle in the near future. I would have loved it if there was a GTI which I personally own. I was also looking at the Technic Porsche 911 but it might be a ways away before I get that.

ghostmind

The LEGO TFNY press release doesn't have much new to it, but what it does mention is a LEGO Batman Movie set for $179.99.

Given that the most expensive TLBM set is $149.99 (Arkham), I wonder what this new set could be... unless it's just a typo.

We should know in mere hours.

ghostmind

The Toy Fair annual awards are out, and LEGO Friends won big.

41130 Amusement Park Rollercoaster won both "Construction Toy of the Year", and "Toy of the Year"

71040 Disney Castle won "Specialty Toy of the Year"

The Toy Fair annual awards are out, and LEGO Friends won big.

41130 Amusement Park Rollercoaster won both "Construction Toy of the Year", and "Toy of the Year"

71040 Disney Castle won "Specialty Toy of the Year"

I have been eyeing the Friends rollercoaster since release. It just seems to be hitting all the right marks for me, but I haven't bitten.

But Disney Castle getting top marks? Of course it did. Because it is magic.

Ponn

Banned
The LEGO TFNY press release doesn't have much new to it, but what it does mention is a LEGO Batman Movie set for $179.99.

Given that the most expensive TLBM set is $149.99 (Arkham), I wonder what this new set could be... unless it's just a typo.

We should know in mere hours.

How much was the Ultimate Batmobile supposed to be?

My wife has the amusement roller coaster (and i've built most of it), it is actually a really neat set and extremely under-appreciated on LegoGAF for some reason...

Osahi

Can't imagine what the 179 dollar tlbm set could be. Wayne Manor modular style? Would be strange as they allready have a batcave set.

My wife has the amusement roller coaster (and i've built most of it), it is actually a really neat set and extremely under-appreciated on LegoGAF for some reason...

It's because many of us haven't bought it yet. I know a few of us get the random Friends sets and admire many of them from afar (hello, everyone!), but few actually actively talk about them. And we have a few that sing the praises of the Elves sets, but not that many. (I really need to get on those, but know if I do I will fall down that rabbit hole).

ghostmind

It's because many of us haven't bought it yet. I know a few of us get the random Friends sets and admire many of them from afar (hello, everyone!), but few actually actively talk about them. And we have a few that sing the praises of the Elves sets, but not that many. (I really need to get on those, but know if I do I will fall down that rabbit hole).

The last Friends set that got a lot of discussion was the Dolphin Cruiser, I think. (And somewhat less so for the Pop Star Tour Bus, Hot Dog Van, and the Heartlake Hotel).

I'm looking forward to some decent pics of the new Friends Alpine/Ski sets.

I really like the Elves, but they don't really work in my collection. Much of it is nice little buildings that take up a ton of space. The boat and the dragons will stay built forever though, they are awesome. And the minidolls are great.

The carnival Friends theme was a bit too garish, but that set seemed nice. Tons and tons of playability. I wouldn't say it's the toy of the year, but obviously we're not really the focus for an award like that.

Ponn

Banned

It's been pretty cheap at points. I saw it in the $60's many times. I loved the Creator Amusement park sets and wanted them to continue and I could have overlooked the coloring of the coaster not matching with the Ferris Wheel and Mixer. My main problem when I thought about buying the coaster though was where the hell do I display all this. To even properly display these sets you need a Jang type setup with tables that I just don't have.

It fell under the shadow of the Amusement Park Wiener Van. Part of it for me is the color palette. Also, with LEGO seemingly increasing output of other themes like Super Heroes, I've cut back on Friends sets. I've been getting some of the Elves, Princess, and Super Hero Girls sets instead. I am constantly perplexed why Friends sets get so many cool themes that LEGO City or Creator never does.

Here's some random pics, first the oh so cute Krypto posing with my Dimensions Super Girl that was nearby

"Bad Krypto pooping in my shoes again, BAD DOG"

And now something different

Megablocks feels alot like those Mcfarlane constructions sets to me. Very stylized with specific pieces made so your end model comes out looking realistic. I'm sure there is a market for this and theres nothing wrong with that at all but to me it does lack the charm of Lego builds. I certainly am all for specific themes I love in this style like TMNT here. They put real love into the theme with doing these classic comic versions of the turtles and its fun getting super posable mini figs like this. I did have a problem with a couple of them having loose ball joints and their arm and hand kept popping off when posing but in the end its fine since they are just for display.

I collect the Call of Duty Megabloks sets and I know what you mean. There are some nicely detailed aspects to them but something about them just doesn't feel as good as Lego.

The figures for the Mega Construx are essentially mini action figures which is a good thing for Mega Bloks. I remember Hasbro winning a lawsuit against LEGO that the minifigures fall into action figures. That is the one with Star Wars licensing and the minifigures having to be kragle'd to the magnets. To me minifigures aren't action figures (even though I can see the argument that they are).

I only recently got into Elves and i've got to say, they really are that unique compared to Lego's entire catalogue. The builds display a color scheme and high fantasy whimsy that you won't find in any other theme. They're just so innocent and plain fun looking when done...

Top Bottom