• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Revenge 360 -- anyone get a perfect on it?

Meier

I've now reached the Dominator level of races and am slowly working on perfecting everything in it, but I cannot even come close to beating the Burning Lap of White Mountain (Fearless) or the Preview on Dangerous. I swear, I was absolutely perfect on the Burning Lap but was still 3 seconds short -- I dont know how it's possible to do any better.

So if anyone has some suggestions for this accursed track, I'd appreciate it.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementDetails.aspx?tid= ]:dh)k0p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Well I got the top ranking on the Xbox version. Dont have the 360 version and I'm certainly not playing it again

I didnt get all the Burnout crashes/stunts or whatever the hell they're called though. That would take too much time to achieve

And Burnout Revenge wasn't that difficult at all

they didn't change anything for the 360 version, did they? Or is it just basically the same exact game?

Johnas

I got 100% completion on the PS2 version back when it came out. The thing is, the game says I have 100%, but in reality there were 4 or 5 objectives or whatever that I never got (some signature takedowns I think). I don't know if the game just rounds up, or if the fact that I had BO3 data at the start boosted it a little.

There was one crash event I had to replay probably 100 times before I got it.

Burnout is a blast, imo, can't wait to see a built-from-the-ground-up PS3 or 360 version appear.

Miroku

I burnt out on Burnout. That white mountain burning lap is possible. I think I wasted roughly 4 hours of my life to perfect it.

I quit at about 96%. I found that Traffic Attack events were ultimately the worst ones to try to perfect. Some of them are just plain evil in their design. The way you get forced into oncoming traffic, the long stretches with no cars to shunt, I just found it to become not very fun at all when it becomes less about crashing shit and more about driving within their guidelines. I think Burnout has a bit of identity crisis in its events. Road Rage and Elimination are far and away the best IMO. Of course the Crash Junctions are cool too but after so many of them I found I got desensitized to the awesomeness of all the crashing and just played through them simply to unlock the achievement.

Atari2600

Too dumb for the internet
Meier said:
I couldnt believe getting Elite wasnt an achievement.. seriously, that really pissed me off. :(

Son of a bitch. I didn't know that. I'm almost there, and the achievement was the only thing keeping me going. I suck at reading.

Meier

Oh it's definitely as hard as I think it is. :( I raced what I felt a perfect race and still only did it in 2:06.00 (need 2:03). All the other races, if I spend enough time on them, I feel like I improve and eventually will beat it, but the 2 White Mountain ones are insane. :(

Edit: Damn, your buddy is a beast.. 10825 points out of 11000 is insane...

I've got the game about 77% complete. Some of the shit in that game that you have to complete is just recocklious. I gave up about a month or so ago.

dc765

I got 1000 points on Burnout on 360, I'll try and help. My tag is DC ARENA if you want to look at my list for the game.

The White Mountain Burning Lap is a very tough event, but its not impossible. I presume you're using the various shortcuts on the track? The most important thing to remember is to boost all the time, evening through corners and don't ever, ever crash.

- There are two right at the start (after the forked bridge). Use both of these.

- For the entire lap keep your finger pressed down on the boost, don't ever let up. If you permanently drive on the wrong side of the road your boost guage will stay maxed out.

- Later in the stage there is a little town you drive through, with two routes. On the 2nd route (the easier one to get to without crahsing) has a fork in the road which takes you either side of the clocktower building. Take the RIGHT side route and evade any traffic in that section. There are a couple of walls that stick out along here but you should be good.

- Drive up the set of stairs and make your way up the winding road. Drift every corner and try out stay out of the dirt as much as possible.

- You'll soon arrive at the tunnel where there is the dirt road to the left. Take this short cut.

- After a while the dirt road splits and to the left is another dirt road. DON'T take that one, its way too risky and you'll be hitting restart before you know it. So continue along the main dirt road and you'll then get back onto the main road in the tunnel. You should just miss the roof of the tunnel (its quite low).

- From here its just a couple of corners left. Remember to drift everything (tapping brake button), and always hold Boost down.

I had about a 1/2 second left when I did it. I reckon that one, along with the final Burning Lap (Indy racecar around Motor City) are the games hardest events. I really struggled with the final BL on Xbox, but on Xbox 360 they have adjusted the time slightly (and made most of the other BL's harder as they were too easy on Xbox).

Hope this helps.

Skilotonn said:
Three of my friends have perfects on everything (friends as in, people I know), one of them even having every single Achievement...

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=Slettesloery

Then again, these three were always Burnout addicts, and finished the Xbox version back then...

I personally can't help you, because I can't stand Burnout, but I just posted to tell you that it may not be as hard as you think it is...
Thank you, thank you. And I didn't even realize he already have 10825 points.

Here's a video of the mountain Preview Event that I made a week ago for someone on the Xbox Forums: http://media.putfile.com/Burnout-Revenge-clip-01

Although I don't have a Video of the Burning Lap, the tips provided by dc765 are good enough. Except I would drive under the clocktower instead of around it towards the stairs.

http://live.xbox.com/member/Rock+Bogard

dc765

To drive through the Clocktower you have to take the very first left into the town don't you (instead of 2nd left like I took) ? I didn't even try that route until after I completed the game and saw some guys online running that route. It's quite risky by all accounts, but it is probably a little quicker than the route I mentioned.

dc765 said:
To drive through the Clocktower you have to take the very first left into the town don't you (instead of 2nd left like I took) ? I didn't even try that route until after I completed the game and saw some guys online running that route. It's quite risky by all accounts, but it is probably a little quicker than the route I mentioned.
Well, a video says more than words and since I had time to spare, I made one for those that need one.

http://media.putfile.com/Burning-Lap-White-Mountain

There ya go..

Miroku said:
I burnt out on Burnout. That white mountain burning lap is possible. I think I wasted roughly 4 hours of my life to perfect it.

I quit at about 96%. I found that Traffic Attack events were ultimately the worst ones to try to perfect. Some of them are just plain evil in their design. The way you get forced into oncoming traffic, the long stretches with no cars to shunt, I just found it to become not very fun at all when it becomes less about crashing shit and more about driving within their guidelines. I think Burnout has a bit of identity crisis in its events. Road Rage and Elimination are far and away the best IMO. Of course the Crash Junctions are cool too but after so many of them I found I got desensitized to the awesomeness of all the crashing and just played through them simply to unlock the achievement.

Meier said:
I couldnt believe getting Elite wasnt an achievement.. seriously, that really pissed me off. :(

The challenges/acheivements aren't impossible, but dammit they are work. I'm trying to work on some of them now, but it's the Burning laps that kick me in the @$$. Youhave to drive perfectly and take the correct shortcuts AND get enough points to put you over the top for a perfect rank. Like I said, it can be done, but it takes some focus.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Meier said:

Isn't there one for perfecting the entire game? I'm sure they assumed many players would play the game through in succession, completing the previous rank (for the most part) before beginning the next one. Getting points for completing elite AND THEN for completing the game simultaneously sounds a bit redundant.

Kato

The White mountain Burning Lap is not really that hard when taking all the short cuts.

Comparing to one of the traffic attack events it's freakin' easy. Some of the last traffic attack events are brutal. Mainly because of some completely empty stretches of road and too little time on the clock after a crash..

Phobophile said:
Isn't there one for perfecting the entire game? I'm sure they assumed many players would play the game through in succession, completing the previous rank (for the most part) before beginning the next one. Getting points for completing elite AND THEN for completing the game simultaneously sounds a bit redundant.

0zc8P2NhbC9BCBsFG1lTVkRDL2FjaC8wLzI1AAAAAVBQUPwSjKw=.jpg

True Elite!
Perfect Burnout Revenge!

Andy787

Banned
Got about 70% in before I gave up as well. I used to really like Burnout, but they sure know how to turn fantastic gameplay into a monotonous experience.

Meier

StickyFingers said:
Well, a video says more than words and since I had time to spare, I made one for those that need one.

http://media.putfile.com/Burning-Lap-White-Mountain

There ya go..

Well, I go the same route (although I took the jump on the bridge... does that actually slow you down?) so I guess I'll just have to keep at it and will eventually get it. Thanks for the video. :)

P.S. To those with all the achievements -- how the heck did you manage to get into the top 20 on downloads? I think I've had my clips downloaded once total. :*(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Meier said:
Oh it's definitely as hard as I think it is. :( I raced what I felt a perfect race and still only did it in 2:06.00 (need 2:03). All the other races, if I spend enough time on them, I feel like I improve and eventually will beat it, but the 2 White Mountain ones are insane. :(

Edit: Damn, your buddy is a beast.. 10825 points out of 11000 is insane...

Yup, he's a bit of a perfectionist - I like to call him an Achievement Whore... :)

And he'll probably hit that 11,000 points by tomorrow - it's for Tomb Raider, and I hit 1000 points in three days with that game easy - good game, but too short...

StickyFingers said:
Thank you, thank you. And I didn't even realize he already have 10825 points.

Here's a video of the mountain Preview Event that I made a week ago for someone on the Xbox Forums: http://media.putfile.com/Burnout-Revenge-clip-01

Although I don't have a Video of the Burning Lap, the tips provided by dc765 are good enough. Except I would drive under the clocktower instead of around it towards the stairs.

http://live.xbox.com/member/Rock+Bogard

Well would you look at that - I talk about one of them, and now he shows up as a member of GAF...

Meier said:
P.S. To those with all the achievements -- how the heck did you manage to get into the top 20 on downloads? I think I've had my clips downloaded once total. :*(

I remember them saying that there was some glitch or something a while after the game was out that wiped out the Top 20, and they all got on it that very day, something like that - StickyFingers will have to tell you himself when he gets back I guess...

Skilotonn said:
Yup, he's a bit of a perfectionist - I like to call him an Achievement Whore... :)

And he'll probably hit that 11,000 points by tomorrow - it's for Tomb Raider, and I hit 1000 points in three days with that game easy - good game, but too short...
You know he learned from you, the Original Achievement Whore..:D

Well would you look at that - I talk about one of them, and now he shows up as a member of GAF...
Well, I was lurking here and there and because you send me links to threads that are worth while and these guys here have a good sense of humor and good threads.

I remember them saying that there was some glitch or something a while after the game was out that wiped out the Top 20, and they all got on it that very day, something like that - StickyFingers will have to tell you himself when he gets back I guess...
http://forums.xbox.com/3276411/ShowPost.aspx
Not really a glitch, every 25th of the month they reset the scores, so those that don't have the achievement, would get a chance too.

One other thing, man. You said three people, I'm still waiting for an answer whthe third good Burnout player was. I asked ya on msn, but maybe you didn't saw it or I may have missed it.

C4Lukins

I cannot even get a gold on the first burning lap. That is probably because Burnout Revenge is pretty much exclusively the game we play when everyone is wasted over here. It is so frustrating because I have pretty much earned golds on every event in the game with the exception of burning lap levels. I just never know which shortcuts are actually faster and I feel like I have done it perfect several times only to come up a second or two short. Maybe I just suck.

My main issue seems to be not having a high enough rating (ie awesome) when I finish a burning lap fast enough. This game is great, but I generally play it off and on, so it's been slow going through all the races etc.

Meier

siamesedreamer said:
Are they harder to get than all platinums of PGR3?

Hmm, not really although it's a different type of game so it's hard to compare. PGR is different because there arent shortcuts -- you just have to be perfect basically. In BOR, you gotta locate the shortcuts and then decide which one is best to use AND be perfect, but I still think PGR is probably harder. I've managed 14/21 achievements on that but I havent played in awhile since going back to it after a game like Burnout is impossible.

Meier

Damn! Just got 2:03.78... man, I'm amazed you did it in 1:57. WOO! Just did it in 2:02.65.. now to do the reverse track. :lol

DCX

DCX
I get owned online, i just got the game, my gf and i and trying to unlock stuff and play the game together...the shortcuts are what's killing us.

DCX

mrmyth

I ****ing HATE Motor City. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to race through Detroit-as-a-ghetto needs his ****ing eyes checked and then poked out. I play on a 100" projected screen and the color scheme of that city still just blends all together. I'm at 87% with the game and most of my leftover stars are in Motor City.

I'm on the verge of giving up. I simply can't see shit in Motor City.

Sysgen

I got all perfects. Also got all platinums on pgr3 and finished RR6. Anyway, the white mountain burning lap, the key is the bends. I had a lot of trouble until I adjusted my strategy in taking those huge bends. It's been awhile but what I remember is to come out of them asap and don't swing too wide, really similiar to RR6. Come out on the inside past the apex and gas it. Maintain speed and don't drift out (if you do there are so many of these bends that the watsed time adds up. A really annoying thing about this track is that before you hit the town you could take the first left (shortcut) before the left at the end. However if you do this there is a jump which could never make and always ended up hitting the wall facing. I tried to slow down a bit so I would go underneath the facade but I found that took off too much time. So just take the left at the end. Also use the drift smartly, that is sometimes you need to slow a bit coming into a turn using the brake to drift staying on the road to not drift out so wide.

Edit: BTW I very underrated game graphically. I wasn't expecting such a good looking game.

Meier

StickyFingers said:
Soo... How's it going, guys? :D

I know have a silver on the White Mountain reverse Burning Lap (or preview, whichever it is) and a silver on a road rage (28 instead of 30.. argh!). The White Mountain one is just so damn hard for me... if you wanna do a video of the reverse race as well, that'd be awesome. :lol

Very impressive to get all platinum's in PGR3 sysgen.. wow!

Meier

I finished all the achievements.. now I have 9 more signature takedowns and like 5 more challenges or something. I've only managed 1 of the online achievements.. dunno if I'll ever get any more heh.

Meier said:
I finished all the achievements.. now I have 9 more signature takedowns and like 5 more challenges or something. I've only managed 1 of the online achievements.. dunno if I'll ever get any more heh.

I'm plugging away at it as well. There are a few gimmies on the online achievements.
Uploading a video, sending it to friends, etc.
Dunno how many people around here have it, but we could all try to vote for each others videos when they reset around the 25th of the month. That gets us each another achievement.

rod

Banned
bump....ive done the whole world tour mode on RR6 and that was a ****ing bitch to do, especially the races against the special cars, and the final route. im currently playing burnout revenge on 360 and am up to the 3rd last rank. but is burnout revenege harder than what ridge racer 6 has to offer in terms of difficulty?

MegaTen

Banned
rod said:
bump....ive done the whole world tour mode on RR6 and that was a ****ing bitch to do, especially the races against the special cars, and the final route. im currently playing burnout revenge on 360 and am up to the 3rd last rank. but is burnout revenege harder than what ridge racer 6 has to offer in terms of difficulty?
Not really. The AI seemed slightly more cheap in RR 6, I thought.

I've finished RR6, and am a **** hair away from all perfects in Burnout, and I'd say RR6 provided the biggest challenge between the two.

Miroku

theREBELins said:
I've finished RR6, and am a **** hair away from all perfects in Burnout, and I'd say RR6 provided the biggest challenge between the two.

whats your strategy for the harder Traffic Attack events? I am having a bitch of a time finishing some of those. Been a while since I tried, so I cant remember any specific ones right now.

Miroku said:
whats your strategy for the harder Traffic Attack events? I am having a bitch of a time finishing some of those. Been a while since I tried, so I cant remember any specific ones right now.

Those are what I have left :D One burning lap and a few traffic attack events in the last 2 rankings. I generally don't boost while doing them, as I always end up crashing and losing time. I'll only boost if there's a section without cars to check. These later ones are certainly getting on my tits though.

rod

Banned
haha, i just realised, ive already done the 2 white mountain ones :D didnt even realise i think i got em on the first go

MegaTen

Banned
Miroku said:
Trick shots into oncoming buses & big rigs = a lot of cash

Miroku

MegaTen said:
Trick shots into oncoming buses & big rigs = a lot of cash

Yeah I finally finished all the Traffic attacks.

I still have left:

Burning lap in the euro/rome city - Dominator rank
Burning lap in Motor City - Dominator rank

Preview Lap in Winter Mountain - Dangerous rank

I just cant handle the F1 cars. Theyre too damn fast. I'd really love to see some videos of people beating these. Its keeping me from about 200 gamerpoints :lol
I dont know why I care, but I do

Raiden

Banned
Shortcuts and destructable traffic killed Burnout.(oh and the online takedowns are pussified too)

BRING BACK THE OLD MECHANICS!!!!

B'z-chan

Banned
Ok so i got two copies of revenge one for ps2 and one for 360. If you play the ps2 version its easy as hell i beat it and got 100% on it. Now i pop in 360 version and somethings not right its like 2x as fast to me or something and i suck at it. Then i go back to ps2 and i'm perfectly fine wtf is up with this game?

Top Bottom