• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiu8TFF_j5I

The Depths of Darkness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzuCQeghzJE

I guess you can add this to the OP (or some of it):

Following the announcement of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen last year we are now pleased to confirm concrete details about this expansion to the world of Dragon’s Dogma. Scheduled for release on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 from April 23 in North America and April 26 across Europe, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is the next exciting chapter in the Dragon’s Dogma franchise. Coming both on a physical disc and as a full game digital download, the title delivers a huge brand new area, missions, enemies and more, plus all of the content from the original game.

Just off the Gransys mainland is the cursed Bitterblack Isle and it is here that gamers will discover an underground realm, complete with new terrifying foes to face and incredible treasure to find as they embark on an all new quest. Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will be able to export their existing characters and all other saved data, to continue their journey as the Arisen and face this new threat that has emerged from the cavernous depths. Players will be able to take their characters to new heights, with brand new high-level skills and augments as well as all new weapons and armour sets. For those that missed Dragon’s Dogma the first time around, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen provides the opportunity to start their journey from the very beginning before tackling the all new content.

Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive the following for free on purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen: 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes.

Based on player feedback, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will make the Dragon’s Dogma gameplay experience even more satisfying, with improvements such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system. For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game.

So, what does Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen deliver?
All of the content from the original Dragon’s Dogma plus…

A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
More skills/equipment/augments:
o Level 3 Skills
- DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
o Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
o 14 new character/Pawn augments
o New tiers of equipment enhancement

And there’s more:
o Increased character customisation options
o Item appraisal
o Option to select Japanese voice over

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available for purchase across Europe as follows:

April 26: PlayStation 3 both disc and digital versions, with the digital version priced at €29.99/£19.99

April 26: Xbox 360 disc based version (with a digital version to follow as a Games on Demand title in the Summer)

source == capcom email, so I can't link.

Endless

1358947162-dda-360fob.jpg

1358947161-dda-ps3fob.jpg

blade85

Neo Member
Is this a new game? Information please... Is this a true sequel to dragons dogma?

I think its more Original Game + DLC.

Can we not get the DLC alone if we already have the original game? I dont want to pay £19.99 for Game+DLC....but will be happy to pay £9.99 just for DLC.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Capcom doesnt want anyone to buy their "first editions" anymore. Well done. I love Dragons Dogma, but to see it used as the latest anti-consumer bludgeon is pretty depressing. Company just wants to kill itself, has some clear deathwish shit going on.

Grimsen

I'm glad we finally know how this expansion will be distributed.

The original game still fetches a very high price. I had traded mine awhile back, thinking I'd re-buy it at a bargain-bin price, but it's still 60$ here.

Glad to see I'll get everything back with the expansion.

I knew there was a reason why I haven't bought Dragon's Dogma yet. This is really lame for those who have, though (assuming it won't be released as DLC).

Unfortunately it looks like we're SOL as capcom has decided to force people to buy the game again.

It certainly seems that way. The size of this DLC is a big step in the right direction for Capcom, considering its more of an expansion and not $2 on disc palette swaps, but not selling it separately is a step back. It's almost like a one step forward two steps back sort of deal.

Capcom doesnt want anyone to buy their "first editions" anymore. Well done. I love Dragons Dogma, but to see it used as the latest anti-consumer bludgeon is pretty depressing. Company just wants to kill itself, has some clear deathwish shit going on.

Yeah, this whole thing seemed like a step in the right direction, but no standalone DA? What?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I knew there was a reason why I haven't bought Dragon's Dogma yet. This is really lame for those who have, though (assuming it won't be released as DLC).

TBF They give you "bonus's" for owning the original and it seems to work the same as dlc. Just a very expensive dlc. don't get why no pc edition, even a darks souls piece of crap port would have been fine.

Arucardo

Cool, I was just mulling over buying this and Valkyria Chronicles for the last few days, but I guess I'll wait for this instead. Original game is about 20 eur in retail here so this seems like a fair price.

Riposte

Based on their fast travel change, I get the feeling the next Dragon's Dogma 2 will be even more like Elder Scrolls.

Kup

Based on their fast travel change, I get the feeling the next Dragon's Dogma 2 will be even more like Elder Scrolls.

Yeah, you had to really commit to tackling a side-quest. Rather than just fast travel there and back again.

There was something fun about setting off for the adventure or journey.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive the following for free on purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen: 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes.

Doesn't sound like a DLC option, just like MvsC3. It sounds like the retail price is going to be $30? I can live with that assuming the DLC would have been $20 anyway.

RyoonZ

Banned
I'm currently playing this game. It's impressive. I hope if they make a sequel they'll add the ability to transform into Dragon like Breath of Fire.

Could I get a save on the net and bring it into my PS3 without it being hacked? Never tried to so I don't really know the answer to that question.
I'd want the perks but I held out on purchasing the original game since the announcement of Dark Arisen.

Ken

Game needs a separate outfit slot.

Anyways, as a recent believer in Dragon's Dogma thanks to another Gaffer, I definitely recommend people to pick this up if you haven't played DD already if any bit of it sounds intriguing. Wonderful surprise of a game.

It's good because it sounds like they're listening to their fans on some things. but then, no option to buy just the expansion? This is like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 all over again.

I mean, I'm still gonna buy it, but c'mon guys. Treat your fans better.

Glass Rebel

TBF They give you "bonus's" for owning the original and it seems to work the same as dlc. Just a very expensive dlc. don't get why no pc edition, even a darks souls piece of crap port would have been fine.

Apparently has to do with Capcom not wanting to maintain servers for the pawn-system. It's weird though, you'd expect a WRPG kind of game to sell well on PC but it looks like they're not interested.

I really wish this was coinciding with a PC release.

Apparently has to do with Capcom not wanting to maintain servers for the pawn-system. It's weird though, you'd expect a WRPG kind of game to sell well on PC but it looks like they're not interested.
It's really just Western on the surface. Underneath it all this is totally a JRPG.

haikira

If they're including the option to toggle the Japanese VO, plus all this extra content. I doubt the 360 version of this release will be on one disc.

1:

So this is the original game "as is" + an expansion option for the new underground area.

Or is this the original game with the expansions built in (new abilities etc.) making it a different game from what I have now?

2:

New enemies? I don't want palette swaps (Chimera - Gore Chimera), (Wolf - Hellhoud).

1:

So this is the original game "as is" + an expansion option for the new underground area.

Or is this the original game with the expansions built in (new abilities etc.) making it a different game from what I have now?

2:

New enemies? I don't want palette swaps (Chimera - Gore Chimera), (Wolf - Hellhoud).

1: It looks like the original with the expansion built in and will be compatible with the original release.

Top Bottom