• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

TheOddOne

Not sure if this has been posted already but Spin has an interview with Neil Davidge. He says he's never met Marty before, and there is a piece that is 42 minutes, damn.

http://www.spin.com/blogs/massive-attack-producer-feel-your-halo-halo
Best parts:
Do you listen to other music when writing?

Oh, I’ve listened to an awful lot of music. I’ve been listening to a lot of orchestral music as well as some Russian and Bulgarian choral music. Plus, a lot of electronic scores; Brian Eno has been one of my references, but even moments of the Prodigy and Radiohead. Plus classic film scores, some John Williams, some Cliff Martin — Solaris, in particular. But there’s also just a lot of me doing what I do: sitting in the studio playing around with sounds, with melodies, seeing how the contrasting elements of distorted and effected electronics with pure orchestra and melody fit together. And always trying to find the angle, something that will make that piece a unique experience. Every sound is pretty original on this game because it’s a whole other galaxy, a whole other universe. It’s in space. It’s alien.

Ramirez

Yesterday I matched against Ryanoob and his friends. I was in a party of 2 I believe. That's not the crazy part though. The crazy part was the random guy on my team. I said, "Oh look, it's Ryanoob" and the random said, "wow, there are that few people in the MLG playlist that you know some of these players?"

I knew immediately he was a scrub. He got like 2 kills or some shit

Well to be fair, I'd have no idea who those guys are either if I didn't read Kyle's posts about sucking them off every day.

Too quickies I just wipped up for you if you want them:

iH1GRLbAW7CWV.jpg

ibd4cq4BlK22Ge.png

That Chief/Cortana art is so good, my favorite print from PAX 08, coincidentally it has Marty & Jens sigs on it as well.

Agreed. It looks extremely silly compared to the sexified BR. Hoping it'll get a new look. If not, whatever I don't plan to use it much. :p
Yeah, I hope the AR may see changes yet.. Even if it means some nice new texture work to make it look more complex.

Not that is was any question that he would return, but nice!

Oh god. :lol

Also 343i were totally inspired by this for that GI cover
dbmjx9mssPuMWo.jpg

That is some nice art, and honestly would have made a more eye grabbing cover for GI.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I want to post on the Waypoint forums, but I really don't think I'd last 10 minutes before I started making fun of people

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Well to be fair, I'd have no idea who those guys are either if I didn't read Kyle's posts about sucking them off every day.

That Chief/Cortana art is so good, my favorite print from PAX 08, coincidentally it has Marty & Jens sigs on it as well.
But you're a scrub too so it makes sense.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is it just me or is the old Mark VI a little boring to look at after being exposed to quite a bit of the Halo 4 version?

A little bit. Although I'd say that's mainly because we've seen old chief so many times, and now we have a new, more detailed chief to look at.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
New Chief looks so good. I'm not a huge fan of the face rivets, but the armor looks amazing otherwise. I definitely prefer it to the previous versions.

kylej

Banned

This kid cares more about 343i t-shirts than supporting the only good form of Halo. Grab an AR, pop on some chanting monks on vinyl and head on over to HBO, little scrublet.

Oh, I know. I'm just amused by the two-tier reference.

I never noticed Cortana's arm around the Chief, I always saw it as just the two of them lined up together. Interesting.
I love the Halo 3 lithograph which focuses on the relationship between Cortana and Master Chief.

Questions to Cyren:
1) WHere the fuck is your PM?
2) The e-sport scene of Halo is dying because of missing support by MLG, right? No alternatives?

CyReN

Indeed I was, thanks very much

Speaking of which

Ranked
  • Team Slayer
  • Team Objective
  • Team Snipers
  • Rumble Pit
  • Double Team
  • Team Hardcore (until competitive playlist is out)
  • Team SWAT

Unranked
  • Big Team Battle
  • Squad Slayer
  • Grifball
  • Action Sack
  • Multi Team
  • Living Dead

*Possibly add Team Training for unranked.

13 playlist, down from the current 24.

My ship out date was bumped up so I've been running around a lot the past month and half (literally as well) Anyone care to point out the important things I've missed?

(also sorry for the halt on art)

Top Bottom