• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I think Federation Force looks fun...

I definitely don't mean to discredit FF. I'm sure it will be a relatively fun experience with friends like Tri Force Heroes was. I feel that if it were a new IP focused on being something like a cool space version of Monster Hunter, it would've done a lot better than being revealed as an old unfinished DSiWare prototype with the Metroid name. Only time will tell if it's actually a great game or not. Here's hoping!

Velcro Fly

If there any sort of single player content I might pick it up in one of those famed BOGO sales that Best Buy does once in a while. Otherwise I'm not a big enough Metroid fan to care. Although I'd love for the game we get to actually be good.

ChrisD

Metroid Prime Hunters is one of my favorite DS games. I'm totally fine with handheld, totally gutted of its main glory, Metroid Prime (to further clarify: not being sarcastic). But Federation Force LOOKS like the DSiWare title it began its life as. Not only in visuals, but controls, interface, how enemies move, the whole shebang. It shouts cheap. Except its not.

Zalman

Edit: Updated with higher res pictures.

ClpwiVBXIAEpfhs.jpg
ClpwUiMWEAADpdQ.jpg
ClpwVhVXIAAJZuA.jpg
ClpwhdyWYAAy35p.jpg
ClpwLGYWQAAXusw.jpg
Clpwg0nXEAAueXM.jpg
ClpwdY9WEAE9-Oq.jpg

Zalman

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong seem to be brand new renders. That's interesting. I've seen all the others before. The Waluigi one is pretty much the standard one except he doesn't hold his mustache. I guess they thought it could be a problem as a figure.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diddy is adorable! I can understand not wanting to risk a tiny piece of plastic for Waluigi's mustache twirl. I'm just happy that it's Waluigi Time!

Looking good Spyro! Love those custom displays. Needs more amiibo dioramas though. ;)

I thought about getting the dioramas. I really like the Splatoon ones ;-; so good

New boxes look great. It's interesting "Donkey" and "Diddy" are larger than "Kong". I never really attributed them as like first names which is what the packaging is implying in my mind. Or maybe space issues?

I love the little Glow in the Dark note on Boo. I kind of want them to do chase variants like Skylanders...but then again I really don't. Ive been collecting Skylanders since they came out and I've never seen a single chase variant.

zroid

Banned
I really don't see the need in having a Boo amiibo, but it's going to take every ounce of will power not to buy it just because of the stupid glow in the dark gimmick

I'm such a manchild

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't see the need in having a Boo amiibo, but it's going to take every ounce of will power not to buy it just because of the stupid glow in the dark gimmick

I'm such a manchild

Buy everything!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Anime has gone too far.

No kidding.

I'm such a manchild

I've always liked the enemy designs better than the heroes in the Mario universe. As a Genesis kid, I'd never played a Mario game and had antipathy for Mario himself, but I always thought the Goombas and Koopa Troopas and whatnot looked fun.

in short I'mma need that Boo

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Dan pls

Tempted to sell/trade my Smash Diddy Kong right now, because I'm totally getting this one. Or I could trade when he comes out. The new one is so cute!

But you gotta have a complete Smash collection! And Boo! Buy everyone! ;)

The_Kid

Man, pretty sure that "limited quantities" nonsense for the new Splatoon Amiibos is BS. Best Buy still hasn't sold out on preorders.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man, pretty sure that "limited quantities" nonsense for the new Splatoon Amiibos is BS. Best Buy still hasn't sold out on preorders.

Pretty sure the limited quantities thing was for Japan's single releases, not here.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Monster Hunter Stories Amiibo are up on Amiami!

Curler pls they sold out early this morning super fast

They'll probably be back up tonight as per usual with these newer AmiAmi preorders!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Curler pls they sold out early this morning super fast

They'll probably be back up tonight as per usual with these newer AmiAmi preorders!

Wow that was quick. I didn't get to check the site until tonight (and forgot to check the actual availability :/)

ChrisD

Dan pls

But you gotta have a complete Smash collection! And Boo! Buy everyone! ;)

My opportunity of a full Smash collection has long passed. :p

I really do like the (many!) amiibo I still have though. When I was aiming for the full thing I feel like I didn't actually enjoy the individual figures. I really appreciate the ones I have now. And I don't think having two of the same character would do too well to that end.

Also why I've actually been thinking of foregoing the Girl Inkling and Orange Squid. I really like that they changed the Boy's skin color, so I'm getting him for sure. And then I definitely NEED Marie and Callie. But the different hair and clothes of Girl and literally just a recolor of the Squid (though to be fair what else is there to do with that) aren't doing enough for me to warrant doubling up.

...blabbering about this makes me want to take another collection picture. Get some before the above Splatoon pieces come in and re-arrange the whole thing haha.

Just got Mega Yarn Yoshi today! Got him off Amazon for a few more dollars than retail price. Now I officially have every amiibo!

I need to get a way to display them soon. They're all crammed together now.

Yarbskoo

Ouzh5B2.png

This diorama is pretty neat actually. Takes up a lot of space though, I don't know where I'm going to put the Kelp Dome.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Ouzh5B2.png

This diorama is pretty neat actually. Takes up a lot of space though, I don't know where I'm going to put the Kelp Dome.

The dioramas are definitely very nice! I can't wait for the Splatoon ones.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So Amazon doesn't have the new Splatoon Amiibo for pre-order still... Is it exclusive or something?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They're just taking forever as usual. Don't worry!
You might want to buy at Best Buy if you want it day one

Shame we aren't getting a Shy Guy amiibo. Shy Guy is playable in MP9 but sadly that was it for him. If they kept him playable then he'd be an amiibo. :(

Aw well... I got the best amiibo already so it's fine.

5108800_sd.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642

ChrisD

Shame we aren't getting a Shy Guy amiibo. Shy Guy is playable in MP9 but sadly that was it for him. If they kept him playable then he'd be an amiibo. :(

Aw well... I got the best amiibo already so it's fine.

5108800_sd.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642

I must concur; Waddle Dee is extremely cute.

I've got a few "best" amiibo.

Best Human amiibo: Roy
Best Cute amiibo: Tie between New Kirby and Waddle Dee
Best overall package amiibo: King Dedede
Mandatory one-of-the-best-simply-because amiibo: Lucina

I could probably fit every one I own into its own category though, lol. They all have to win in something!

In all honesty, these new Kirby Amiibos kind of took the wind out of the sails for me on Amiibos. They just don't look as good as the other ones in all other lineups (with the exception of the Mario Party Amiibos which I think look terrible too).

Once Smash is complete, and the Mario Party line, I think I'm out. I didn't even bother with the xenoblade/gears/whatever lineup, nor will I with the BotW Zelda toys.

:(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
In all honesty, these new Kirby Amiibos kind of took the wind out of the sails for me on Amiibos. They just don't look as good as the other ones in all other lineups (with the exception of the Mario Party Amiibos which I think look terrible too).

Once Smash is complete, and the Mario Party line, I think I'm out. I didn't even bother with the xenoblade/gears/whatever lineup, nor will I with the BotW Zelda toys.

:(

I'll always be here updating the OT! ;)

Shauni

I don't think the Kirby line looks all that bad. You can tell they put more effort into the Smash line, but still, I just don't think they look all that bad. I didn't think the Mario Party ones did, either, though.

zroid

Banned
I can't relate to that comment at all, the Kirby series looks fantastic. Only Dedede is a bit questionable.

Top Bottom