• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN now supports game rentals?

jwk94

Saw this retweeted by @PSNStores

BipDzR5IMAAMLf2.jpg:large

I checked out but Catherine's not in my download list. Maybe this was a mistake?

Mrbob

Can anyone check right now? Rental says free so it won't cost anything to try.

Edit: Looks like someone did check.

kuppy

Okay, so you download the 'Full Game Trial' (which is the usual 9GB) and because of PS+ you have the possibility to get the 7 days pass for free.

Edit: In case someone wants to rely on this, no, well the passes exist in the store but don't seem to do anything (post #89).

MKP64

Posted about this in the PSN thread lol. But yea I had the same thing happen to me. Instead of saying the price it's says chose version then you can buy or rent it.

Jomjom

Banned
Oh shit 7 days free!

I'm not gonna lie, I was just gonna come in and post something snarky at first like "It's been supporting it for years with PS+ instant game collection"

TomShoe

Banned
FYI you can easily do catherine in a week if you try.

Edit: i set myself up for this one i just realized

Damn, beat me to it.

That's really cool for them to do that, maybe they're trying to take the wind out of GameFly/RedBox/Blockbuster's sails?

iamjohn

Would be cool if the rental didn't start until the game loads up for the first time so the time downloading doesn't factor.

rob305

Would be cool if the rental didn't start until the game loads up for the first time so the time downloading doesn't factor.

Yeah they won't do this, it will be probably triggered the first time you run the game. I still hope the prices are decent. Digital movies rentals are still expensive compared to regular rental stores

Top Bottom