• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LucasArts leaks PS3 Controller Re-design? (D-Pad + Left Stick Switch-aroo!)

If that's legit, looks like they're redesigning to more closely mimic the X360 controller layout - which would not be a bad thing IMO.

dfyb

Banned
most likely a photoshop. it's already been posted in other threads multiple times.

RurouniZel said:
o_O

Well, at least we know Sony's still good at copying the competition...
1184275047.jpg

ahem

Juice

I'm calling it fake at this point. Look at the close-up on Kotaku and you'll see the PS logo/button is smakc dab between start and select. On the current SIXAXIS, it's significantly below them. That means the overall body of the controller would have to be quite a bit shorter.

Core407

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
Looks erringly similar to another controller I have. Which is not a bad thing, since I love that controller.

I'll agree that it looks like a copy but this was what everyone was asking for...

bud

that is ****ing terrible.

sony better not mess with the layout, it's the one i'm most comfortable with. but we're talking about sony so they'll find some way to **** this up rufflez.

I guess it doesn't make a lot of sese to change the config of a controller that the PlayStation faithful have been comfortable with now for more than a decade. But for me it was tough to use the Sixaxis after more than a year of falling in love with the X360 controller - to my mind the best gamepad ever designed.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
It's old and probably fake, but I would much prefer the Analog stick in that place, never really got on with Dual Shock since it was created back in the PS1 days.

Juice

Barkley's Justice said:
ha! thats a funny slip if proves to be accurate.

and that dpad/analogue switch has been long coming

It can't possibly be real. The big cross formation where the D-Pad was is still there and looks completely awkward. The D-Pad has absolutely no space in the little circle.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
dfyb said:
most likely a photoshop. it's already been posted in other threads multiple times.

1184275047.jpg

ahem

I dont think they are in competition with Fisher-Price or Hasbro though... Unless your trying to say that is an imitation of the Wii controller?

Edit: Hmm, i just rememebr that sony game .. so i guess that what you were implying.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
they ought to keep it the way it is. the left analog works equally well in either position. the d-pad becomes difficult to use in the secondary position.

nataku

Emenis said:
I dont think they are in competition with Fisher-Price or Hasbro though... Unless your trying to say that is an imitation of the Wii controller?

Look up "buzz controller" in google image search.

USC-fan

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
I guess it doesn't make a lot of sese to change the config of a controller that the PlayStation faithful have been comfortable with now for more than a decade. But for me it was tough to use the Sixaxis after more than a year of falling in love with the X360 controller - to my mind the best gamepad ever designed.
too bad the d-pad sucks on the x360 controller and the lack of analog face buttons. Other than that it is awesome.

dfyb

Banned
Emenis said:
i'd say microsoft is in competition with sony, and sony published Buzz.

94134_lg.png

buzz2.jpg

Gigglepoo

Emenis said:

Sony debuted the same controllers this year for some quiz game. What the heck actually came first? It seemed like the two ideas debuted almost simultaneously.

womfalcs3

Banned
Hold the controller pressed against the base of your fingers, not the palms. When you do that, the left analog stick is ergonomically placed.

Problem solved.

(The picture is obviously fake)

Yoboman

Gigglepoo said:
Sony debuted the same controllers this year for some quiz game. What the heck actually came first? It seemed like the two ideas debuted almost simultaneously.
Buzz has been out for years :lol

Top Bottom