• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

U2NUMB

Mine shipped from Amazon, I got the more expensive one that had a figure, which still came out to almost regular price of game itself after Amazon 20% preorder off

Right on man.. curious about that figure for sure. As much as I love digital games I LOVE a shelf of games so when they do have versions that I can buy I jump on them.

Montresor

Released today,

Little Nightmares - 20$, 108MB.

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom - 9$ (will rise to 10$), 675MB.
(Trial available. No time limit, unlocks achievements.)

New Pre-Order,

Elliot Quest - 15$

New Artifex Mundi game: right in my veins.

Little Nightmares: will get when it's on sale.

Montresor

I got the 1000/1000 in Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom. I'll give it a 3/5. Still a good game for people that love these Hidden Object puzzle games. But this is definitely the weakest game they've put out so far. One thing I really didn't like was the sound - especially the sound effect when selecting an object (to zoom in) and deselecting an object (to zoom back out).

I'd say the following are solid 4/5 titles:

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Eventide: Slavic Fable

The 2nd most recent title was a 3.5/5:

Dark Arcana: The Carnival

And the most recent in my opinion is a 3/5:

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

I got the 1000/1000 in Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom. I'll give it a 3/5. Still a good game for people that love these Hidden Object puzzle games. But this is definitely the weakest game they've put out so far. One thing I really didn't like was the sound - especially the sound effect when selecting an object (to zoom in) and deselecting an object (to zoom back out).

I'd say the following are solid 4/5 titles:

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Eventide: Slavic Fable

The 2nd most recent title was a 3.5/5:

Dark Arcana: The Carnival

And the most recent in my opinion is a 3/5:

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
Ya I think I posted on here before that Dark Arcana was their weakest yet. I'll try Lost Grimoires since I need to keep the streak of 1king their collection going lol

Still need to play Enigmatis 2 also, just picked it up last sale...was only one I was missing

Montresor

Just finished the 1000/1000 in Abzu. I mentioned in a previous post that I think this game is a masterpiece and I've given it a 5/5. It's a wonderful experience. A very relaxing underwater exploration game with breathtaking visuals.

One part that blew me away is this section where what seems like 10,000 fish are swimming very rapidly in a mesmerizing circle. Below is a screenshot but it doesn't do it justice. In motion this looks spectacular. And I don't know if my estimate is right either. What's the over/under here? Are there less than 10,000 fish in this circle/whirlpool? More?!?

Guerrilla

Ya I think I posted on here before that Dark Arcana was their weakest yet. I'll try Lost Grimoires since I need to keep the streak of 1king their collection going lol

Still need to play Enigmatis 2 also, just picked it up last sale...was only one I was missing

Im thinking about trying my first artifex mundi game, which one is the best?

Personally I think Nightmares From the Deep and Enigmatis are both good. Maybe try Nightmares from the Deep (it was also their first game they brought to XB1). If you don't like it then you won't like their other games :p

Personally I think Nightmares From the Deep and Enigmatis are both good. Maybe try Nightmares from the Deep (it was also their first game they brought to XB1). If you don't like it then you won't like their other games :p

I second this. Enigmatis for the story and very well tied puzzles and Nightmares for the settings (can´t beat ghost pirates!).

Montresor

Finished my first playthrough of Late Shift. It's the FMV / live action game that came out recently. Woooooooooww what an awesome experience hahaha. From the same publisher as The Bunker and sooo much better. The Bunker was frankly an awful game. This one was a lot more fun, interesting, compelling. Only issue was some scenes had stuttering but damn it nails the concept of an interactive movie. Wide beautiful shots of the city at night, great music, cinematography and camera work, great dialogue, and a compelling story.

I've played all the Artifex Mundi games on the console so far, and the last two (Dark Arcana and Lost Grimoires) seem way shorter and easier than all of the previous ones. Disappointing. Hopefully there are more good ones to come.

Guerrilla

I second this. Enigmatis for the story and very well tied puzzles and Nightmares for the settings (can´t beat ghost pirates!).

I think I'll get on Enigmatis first, Story is king ;) Thanks for the suggestions, I'll post again with my thoughts ;)

zorbsie

+1 for Late Shift. Played through it twice this morning and loved it. Got 2 vastly different outcomes and friends watching it mentioned how their playthrough were different as well. It's short and there really isn't much gameplay, but it's a great ride while it lasts.

Montresor

I also got Voodoo Vince. Eh, why not.

Actually quite like it! Throwback game in a genre i love.

Voodoo Vince is _awesome_.

I'm really enjoying it so far.

Are there any other hidden gems like this on the original Xbox? They should remaster a whole bunch of them if possible.

I really love the light-hearted nature of the game. Vince is funny. And it's so refreshing to play this kind of platforming game on Xbox One.

Montresor

Disappointingly, the plot and branching paths in Late Shift don't hold up under scrutiny.

But it doesn't completely crumble... you can just see the little bits of unpolished logic/plot.

Still enjoyed it but I think the most I'll give it is 4/5.

LNBL

I'm getting an error when my xbox one is trying to update upon booting. Googling the error code has not help me find a solution and neither has unplugging the console and modem :(

Error code: 0x80072EE7 0x000000000 0x00000206

Don't know where else to post this questio, but has someone had this as well?

Vert boil

I'm getting an error when my xbox one is trying to update upon booting. Googling the error code has not help me find a solution and neither has unplugging the console and modem :(

Error code: 0x80072EE7 0x000000000 0x00000206

Don't know where else to post this questio, but has someone had this as well?

You probably have already checked on xbox.com but here is the link for error codes - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/error-code-lookup?xr=shellnav

You can do an offline update here - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

Oh, and if you are in the dashboard preview program check the preview forums to see if there's a known issue.

eastx

I'll read this review later tonight bruv. Can you let me know the other game you've given 5/5?

I think I'm too generous. I've given loads of XB1 games 5/5 heheheh.

Late answer! I gave Forza Horizon 2 a 5/5 (and, for a different site, Forza Horizon 3 received the same score). I just don't fall 100% in love with that many games. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is really special, though.

And looks really cool.

Thanks! It was a long haul, and the game has its share of shortcomings, but we're pretty damn proud of our first - but hopefully not last - release.
Here are a couple of keys, up for grabs - if you end up playing (and maybe even enjoying) the game, hope you'll share your thoughts with us @narcosisgame.

s39SLKH.png

• H7R27-FY236-2VJHM-7VKC3-P7KGZ (claimed)
  • 2JQPY-HT97C-M9MW9-3VHP9-Y4P9Z (claimed)
  • JP3CD-42D96-GCKPW-JHTFT-4MQ4Z (claimed)
  • CRTP7-KKVYM-KCX4R-GKQ3Y-RG9QZ (claimed)
  • 6VYTJ-Q9X2H-TR2W2-4PVJQ-M9DQZ (claimed)

Thanks! It was a long haul, and the game has its share of shortcomings, but we're pretty damn proud of our first - but hopefully not last - release.
Here are a couple of keys, up for grabs - if you end up playing (and maybe even enjoying) the game, hope you'll share your thoughts with us @narcosisgame.

s39SLKH.png

• H7R27-FY236-2VJHM-7VKC3-P7KGZ
  • 2JQPY-HT97C-M9MW9-3VHP9-Y4P9Z
  • JP3CD-42D96-GCKPW-JHTFT-4MQ4Z
  • CRTP7-KKVYM-KCX4R-GKQ3Y-RG9QZ
  • 6VYTJ-Q9X2H-TR2W2-4PVJQ-M9DQZ

Woweee! Took the highlighted one! Thanks a lot. Will play asap...

CRTP7-KKVYM-KCX4R-GKQ3Y-RG9QZ

Grabbed this one, thanks for handing some out. I'll try to find time and give it a go tonight.

Fox Mulder

s39SLKH.png

Thanks!

Oynox

s39SLKH.png

• H7R27-FY236-2VJHM-7VKC3-P7KGZ
  • 2JQPY-HT97C-M9MW9-3VHP9-Y4P9Z
  • CRTP7-KKVYM-KCX4R-GKQ3Y-RG9QZ (claimed)
  • 6VYTJ-Q9X2H-TR2W2-4PVJQ-M9DQZ (claimed)

Took the last one, the first. Second was already redeemed. Strange psychology that everybody thought that the first would be taken first. Lucky me! Thank you!

Gah...legitimately upset that I missed out on a code. I've been really excited to play this game.

Still, very generous to share them here, so much thanks and appreciation for that.

Montresor

Late answer! I gave Forza Horizon 2 a 5/5 (and, for a different site, Forza Horizon 3 received the same score). I just don't fall 100% in love with that many games. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is really special, though.

FYI, just read the review and you just sold me on the game. I didn't realize the game was a Metroidvania.

And yeah I'm way more forgiving/generous. Here are the games I've given 5/5 on Xbox One so far lol.

Forza Horizon 3
Sunset Overdrive
So Many Me
Rise of the Romb Raider
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Rayman Legends
Guacamalee Remeaster
King's Quest
Unravel
Gears 1 Remaster
White Night
Limbo
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
The Evil Within
In Between
Abzu
Quantum Break
Gears of War 4
The Walking Dead Season 1
Life Is Strange
The Wolf Among Us
The Witness
Inside
The Turing Test
Thomas Was Alone
Brothers

eastx

Here's my review of Butcher, a dark run-and-gun shooter with tiny retro graphics. Please check it out.

Butcher review [Windows Central]

Also a detailed hands-on Injustice 2 preview, if anybody's excited for that one:

Injustice 2 hands-on

FYI, just read the review and you just sold me on the game. I didn't realize the game was a Metroidvania.

And yeah I'm way more forgiving/generous. Here are the games I've given 5/5 on Xbox One so far lol.

Forza Horizon 3
Sunset Overdrive
So Many Me
Rise of the Romb Raider
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Rayman Legends
Guacamalee Remeaster
King's Quest
Unravel
Gears 1 Remaster
White Night
Limbo
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
The Evil Within
In Between
Abzu
Quantum Break
Gears of War 4
The Walking Dead Season 1
Life Is Strange
The Wolf Among Us
The Witness
Inside
The Turing Test
Thomas Was Alone
Brothers

All special games! I didn't review Rayman Legends, but I'd have given it 5/5 as well. Abzu and Guacamelee got 4.5/5 and Gears Ultimate got 4/5. Gears 4 would get 4.5/5. Lamentably, I haven't played either Tomb Raider game or Sunset Overdrive.

Fox Mulder

I like neogeo games, I just wish they didn't run like shit. They don't even hide it in the preview clips they put up in the store

Top Bottom