• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bootcamp (PC/Halo universe) appears in Korean Rating Board [Up: Microsoft Confirms]

raven777

GameFront said:
We reached out to Microsoft for some clarity, and a spokesperson provided Game Front with the following statement:

“What’s Bootcamp? It is not related to our Xbox One efforts, or the Reclaimer Saga, but rather a project we’re very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future.”
Source: http://www.gamefront.com/halo-bootcamp-outed-on-korean-ratings-board-ms-confirms/

---

qH4MEym.jpg

A misterious title called "Bootcamp" appeared in Korean Game Rating Board today.

The platform is PC/online game (could be package or online game), and the game description read as following:

"A TPS game based on 'Halo' universe where player complete various types of missions."

soure (korean)

I think when they showed Halo 3 in Japan the audience gasped (Yes litterally gasped) when they went into Third person (held a turret). Maybe that is in their back pocket for Japan.

Wow, this piece of news is hardly getting the attention it deserves.

But then again, the given description is probably the least exciting thing I've ever read. The player completes various types of missions? Lol.

This could be absolutely huge news. Or it could be nothing.

SparkTR

So is this official or a knock-off for Asian markets? If it is real and Microsoft are looking into the PC market it, lends credence to those Halo 1/2/3 Steam database entries.

So is this official or a knock-off for Asian markets? If it is real and Microsoft are looking into the PC market it, lends credence to those Halo 1/2/3 Steam database entries.

I feel like this has to be a 360/One title, or a PC f2p that is promoting an upcoming 360/One game.

if it was coming to 360, it would have gotten rated for 360. for now it was only rated for PC. of course, it could come to xbone in the future.
Hm... Then Im gonna go with free PC game that ties into a fall Halo title.

Get your solider ready for battle by playing "bootcamp". Maybe its something where you can unlock pieces of armor, etc. for an upcoming title. I doubt a full fledged Halo game will get a PC release.

I used Google Translate, so this won't be perfect but here:

WepwdkN.png

dOt3uxZ.png

DH9bULk.png

This definitely is real, and it certainly doesn't seem like Kinect games or anything of the sort. I think the thread title should be changed, its easy to miss the fact its a Halo title..and for the PC. This is kinda big I think.

Microsoft publishing a Halo game (even a third-person spinoff) for PC when they're trying to launch the Xbone makes absolutely no sense. I am highly skeptical.

Karak

Didn't a poster here just randomly guess something like this was coming or wanted something like this? I think he even used a bootcamp style terminology and PC and nextbox comments. It was in one of the threads. Guess it could have been a lucky guess but its Ms Clio odd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I used Google Translate, so this won't be perfect but here:

WepwdkN.png

dOt3uxZ.png

DH9bULk.png

This definitely is real, and it certainly doesn't seem like Kinect games or anything of the sort. I think the thread title should be changed, its easy to miss the fact its a Halo title..and for the PC. This is kinda big I think.
Translated here it sounds like it may be the rumoured Halo 3 PC port.

^ OP is Korean and said it was a TPS. Also, I believe Halo 3 was rated "18" not "15".

(But it did go through my mind it may be Halo 1-3; a "bootcamp" experience to get ready for future titles)

Microsoft publishing a Halo game (even a third-person spinoff) for PC when they're trying to launch the Xbone makes absolutely no sense. I am highly skeptical.

I'm thinking its not actually coming to PC, but perhaps Xbox One.. Maybe they reviewed it on the "PC" as to not leak the concept of a Next Gen Xbox early. Still, why would they need to review the game so early?

But the site is legit, the listing is legit.. So, I think this is legit, but we aren't getting the full picture.

Orayn

When it comes to spinoffs and peripheral things like this, Microsoft's been more open-minded in recent years. They launched that Halo Dew app on iOS, didn't they? This is similar in that it'll promote the brand and make some money, but won't steal the main series' thunder at all.

Ken

Bootcamp features attacks on your hand by male and females, cursors, and lightning bolts (three of them!).

There's also chatting, empty syringes, rock band drums, and sacks of silly Wario money.

Pooya

> could be a casual game for Windows 8 store, it's not even named Halo, but it's in Halo Universe.

> Could be something made by Tencent or alike for Asian market.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It being a third person shooter makes me a lot less interested. Hope it's still cool.

Comment from Microsoft on "Bootcamp" here:
http://www.gamefront.com/halo-bootcamp-outed-on-korean-ratings-board-ms-confirms/

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, this is Mark Burnham, Editor-in-Chief at Game Front.

What, they commented? Haha interesting:

What’s Bootcamp? It is not related to our Xbox One efforts, or the Reclaimer Saga, but rather a project we’re very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future.

Hmmm.

Hearing that it won't be out for Xbox One makes me less excited for the title. But we shall see. I hope it won't be a Korean only game...

Top Bottom