• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 4.10 - WEB BROWSER IMPROVEMENTS JEFF_RIGBY REDEEMED

Carl

From the "web browser improvement" thread

I don't know what to make of this. Just lol...or something.

The german PS blog has details on the new firmware update 4.10 and - guess what - mentions improvements to the browser:
link

In the course of today, a new system software update (v. 4.10) is for PlayStation ® 3 (PS3) published. The new features include:

The Internet browser has been improved, which optimizes the display of content and increases the accuracy when viewing page layouts. Some sites that previously could not be correctly displayed, including interactive websites, are now supported with the PS3 system software 4.10.

Every time your PS3 system to connect to PlayStation ® Network (PSN) are prepared in the time you can precisely set via the Internet. For this you go into the XMB (XrossMediaBar) on [Settings]> [Date and Time Settings] [Automatic Settings] to.

PSN account will be renamed Sony Entertainment Network account. The registration process and the credentials will remain the same.

In order to download PS3 system software version 4.10 requires at least 180 MB of free space on the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).

Here

UPDATE IS NOW LIVE

HTML5 test -

AlGWce9CIAAbz5m.jpg

Scored a 1 + 0 bonus points before patch.

Youtube
TwitchTV
Twitter

All working fine now.

I just tried the Acid3 test with the PS3 browser. It scored a 99 out of 100, which is probably a lot better than it scored in the past. Ideally it should be 100 out of 100, but I suppose that's something we can look forward to in the future.

Definitely improved in some way!

FULL BEFORE/AFTER BROWSER TESTS

BEFORE:

daMIH.jpg

019fs.jpg

AFTER:

9dO7e.jpg

uxSqF.jpg

Love that it recognizes I'm on a PS3!

slider

Come home Jeff, all is forgiven!

To be less facetious Jeff clearly cares and devotes a lot of effort to the topic and research (that's not to comment on the quality of the conclusions though).

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Hopefully it makes googles home page work again. For some reason like a week ago just trying to load it up gave me a message like "memory has run out!" x_x;

kvn

love the thread title.

Can someone run the html5 test on it to see how it does?

html5test.com

It's not out yet.

Another thing: why the hell did the german blog post about this first? I don't see anything about the update on the other blogs.

DBT85

It's not out yet.

Another thing: why the hell did the german blog post about this first? I don't see anything about the update on the other blogs.

Yeah I know, just for when it is ;)

And it's odd that the EU one didn't post it what with Germany kind of being a large part of the EU. Bizarre.

Carl

It's not out yet.

Dunno, something about that blog. I remember the German blog was the first to update with GT5 release date, too

I3rand0

The bigger news is it looks like after six years, they may have finally fixed the PS3 clock?

Every time your PS3 system to connect to PlayStation ® Network (PSN) are prepared in the time you can precisely set via the Internet. For this you go into the XMB (XrossMediaBar) on [Settings]> [Date and Time Settings] [Automatic Settings] to.

Carl

The bigger news is it looks like after six years, they may have finally fixed the PS3 clock?

I don't understand that - it's already automatic isn't it?: P

Satchel

Banned
What part about the clock did they fix?

Will my clock stop fallign behind all the time now?

About time the browser was upgraded, even if only slightly.

Cartman86

Banned
The "vindication" stuff is all a joke right? Does anyone really believe based on that story that it's an actual full update? I'll believe it when I see it.

Top Bottom