• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Deals Thread of Why You Don't Preorder

So, I headed over to best buy to see if they price match target, they did, I was in and out within 5 minutes. Top notch service right there. Even had the games I wanted. I'm up to 8 now. Believe I'm finished till Motorstorm RC and Mortal Kombat.

Does BB have download codes or are they only carts?

Weenerz

Banned
Does BB have download codes or are they only carts?

No clue, going with cartridges for my vita. Probably not, most of their selection was picked clean. The guy said they received 5-10 of each title and they only had Fifa, Uncharted, Hotshots, ModNation left, and those were only a few copies.

codhand

Went to a local Target, female employee said no such deal exists, male employee was in the middle of recommending LED over Plasma due to burn-in issues, and eventually said "the deal was last week."

:-/

So I'm assuming the GameStop B2G1 deal works for Digital Games and they just email you a voucher?

This would be the only retailer that offers B2G1 on the digital versions, correct?

Went to Target, Toys R Us and Best Buy late this morning.

Target - Nothing on display yet. I have seen some games at other Targets. This one just didn't put anything out yet.

Toys R Us - Nothing on display yet.

Best Buy - They had some games and accessories but man even their selection of games seemed a bit limited. It was pretty much Sony first party games and a handful of third party ones.

I think at this point, everything will be much better come Wednesday morning. I'm just going to hold out for that or Amazon to price match.

target said they are not selling the games until the 22nd :/

oh well. picked up Katamari on amazon, and I'm going to get HSG as DD anyway. Not really interested in anything else until Gravity Daze

inner-G

Banned
Can I walk into a store and buy a Vita right now? Could there be left over FEB laying around or would they pull them?

TripOpt55

Went to Target this morning and they only had Ninja Gaiden out on the floor. I asked about the Vita games and a manager went in back, had to check the release dates first, then brought out all their stock of Vita games. Everything was dated for the 15th and he had no idea.

I bought Uncharted, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Lumines. Lumines is being carried in stores, it seems. The system wasn't doing the sale yet, but customer service gave me the deal, and actually gave me Uncharted as me free game!

Just browsing CAG, seems that a lot of Targets are saying the sale doesn't start until the 22nd, so either I lucked out or they're just reading the ad wrong. The games are dated for the 15th, so there's no reason to not have them out on the floor.

I went today and they said I'd have to wait for Wednesday though they had the three games I want (Uncharted, Lumines and Hot Shots) and are holding them for me (in a very unsophisicated system I should add which makes me a bit nervous). Originally the guy didn't even know about the sale though and I had to go bring him an ad. Oh well hopefully all will go well when I go to get them on Wednesday. I won't have my Vita until then anyway, but was worried about waiting until then if Target's stock of games was limited.

demolitio

So Best Buy wouldn't match Target (only 1 copy left out of HSG and Uncharted too), Target won't do it til' the 22nd, GameStop never heard of the B2G1 on Sony games, and of course Toys R Us wouldn't match so all these places that some people have luck in are all pointless here. Waste of a trip and now I'm not sure how I'll get my games unless my mom is feeling really nice on Wednesday. I just wanted to be prepared to play as soon as I woke up from the sedatives and needed something to play.

The moral of the story is that managers are extremely inconsistent and I'm also reminded why I hate the one GS I went to and instead choose to go to one that's a few more miles away...

Reddline

Neo Member
Ordered the 32gb card an hour ago for $39.99, sold my fat PSP to Best Buy for $75 off the Wifi Vita, and had $67 in BB gift card money laying around for close to 6 months

Hey Ken how did you get $75 for your fat psp? Which Best Buy did you go to? Heard the most you can get is $32.

So I tried adding the digital versions of the Vita games to my cart at GameStop and it won't apply the discount to the digital versions, but it will for the physical releases.

Anyone know why this is??

risk

I also wanted to mostly go digital for the Vita, but the deal seems to not apply for the digital versions, unless its some mistake.

I also wanted to mostly go digital for the Vita, but the deal seems to not apply for the digital versions, unless its some mistake.

Yeah I'm wondering if it's a mistake as well.

Do they sell these download codes for games in stores? May be worth a shot to see if they will apply the deal in person.

maxte

Wow. Went into target today for the deal.

Came out like this:
87kjT.jpg
I don't know how this happened.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Speaking of Gamestop, is there a reason their memory cards cost $5 more than MSRP? Are they just being dicks?

It's Gamestop. I just assume anything they're doing is to be dicks.

Shiv47

Mentioned this in the other Vita thread, but my TRU had a load of games and accessories, but wouldn't sell me anything as some manager type told me, in her words, "it's against the law" for them to sell anything before the Vita launch day, despite their ad and signage.

I hope some store will do the B2G1 for digital codes. I really want to go all-digital with the Vita, and starting out with a bunch of carts is not that exciting.

zychi

Banned
I hope some store will do the B2G1 for digital codes. I really want to go all-digital with the Vita, and starting out with a bunch of carts is not that exciting.

I'm only buying Uncharted so far for this reason. I'm hoping for a digital sale within a month of release.

I would at least hope that Sony would match the B2G1 free deal that GameStop has on the PSN store.

Amazing that they are less competitive than retailers, can't even match their deals?

KalBalboa

Banned
Think Target will price match the Toys R Us $40 Uncharted? If so, it'd be wonderful to pick that up for $20 (after the gift card). Or, better yet, if they'd somehow allow for the B2G1 with the price matched Uncharted, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

K1LLER7

Been looking at the Amazon deal, vita (wi-fi), 8 GB Memory card and Rayman, comes out to £225.

Any better deals around GAF?

Think Target will price match the Toys R Us $40 Uncharted? If so, it'd be wonderful to pick that up for $20 (after the gift card). Or, better yet, if they'd somehow allow for the B2G1 with the price matched Uncharted, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

I think they will. They've done it in the past and I think it will qualify for the B2G1 cuz the computer automates that.

Top Bottom