• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

LaneDS

How nuts do you want to get with it?

Can potentially go FULL NUTS. Open to suggestions.

Man that must've been quite the investment. Congrats on the pickup though, it's one of my favs to come out of mondo. Love to see pics of it when you get it.

Thanks! Will definitely take some pictures and share when it arrives and again once it is framed up (FULL NUTS or regular nuts style). Has been my biggest ISO for a long time and previous attempts at getting it haven't yielded anything. More excited than questioning whether I should have done it at this point, which is good.

IronRinn

Today, Thursday, March 16th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: Fight Club by Tomer Hanuka.

fight_club_FINAL72_0f87c9f4-040b-467f-8d20-d3f1affe6dde_1024x1024.jpg
24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 300, $50

SeanC

I still think Stout's Akira is his best one. It's the way it draws the eye center and doesn't feel as cluttered as some of his more head/face heavy ones tend to.

Shoyz

First-timer here, I'm trying to frame some cheaper posters as cheaply as possible while adhering to the suggestions on how to prevent long-term damage. Those being to use an acid free foam board, and spacers. But I'm trying to get all the materials ordered online.

I'm assuming that the "Elmer's Acid Free Foam Board 20x30" Michael's sells is the correct type? Although I'm having trouble finding one that would fit a 24x36 poster and assume I can't just combine cuts.

As far as spacers go, is there anything you can buy online? Or would I be able to skip spacers as long as the front is plastic instead of glass? Am I being stupid to think you can slap a new foam back onto a $15 frame and call it a day?

First-timer here, I'm trying to frame some cheaper posters as cheaply as possible while adhering to the suggestions on how to prevent long-term damage. Those being to use an acid free foam board, and spacers. But I'm trying to get all the materials ordered online.

I'm assuming that the "Elmer's Acid Free Foam Board 20x30" Michael's sells is the correct type? Although I'm having trouble finding one that would fit a 24x36 poster and assume I can't just combine cuts.

As far as spacers go, is there anything you can buy online? Or would I be able to skip spacers as long as the front is plastic instead of glass? Am I being stupid to think you can slap a new foam back onto a $15 frame and call it a day?

Define "cheapest". Spotlight Displays makes great affordable frames, but it depends how much you consider expensive!

Shoyz

Define "cheapest". Spotlight Displays makes great affordable frames, but it depends how much you consider expensive!

I throw my $5 Walmart posters in a $5 frame, but I was hoping that for a poster that costs around $30 I could do something like a $15 frame with the few protective upgrades that'll put it around the same price of $30, 1:1. Looking up pre-assembled frames, the prices tend to float around $60-70 which is a bit steep for me for a low-value print!
I see a lot of emphasis on UV protective glass in the front as well, but I'm planning to keep it out of sunlight. So avoiding that, and touching glass issues by using a plastic frame, and swapping out the back to an acid free foam, I'd think you could put together a bare-minimum frame for ~$25 right?

That said, their white frames looks great, so I'll definitely be grabbing one of those when I get my hands on a limited print.

I throw my $5 Walmart posters in a $5 frame, but I was hoping that for a poster that costs around $30 I could do something like a $15 frame with the few protective upgrades that'll put it around the same price of $30, 1:1. Looking up pre-assembled frames, the prices tend to float around $60-70 which is a bit steep for me for a low-value print!
I see a lot of emphasis on UV protective glass in the front as well, but I'm planning to keep it out of sunlight. So avoiding that, and touching glass issues by using a plastic frame, and swapping out the back to an acid free foam, I'd think you could put together a bare-minimum frame for ~$25 right?

That said, their white frames looks great, so I'll definitely be grabbing one of those when I get my hands on a limited print.

Don't really have any advice for that price point but can confirm the white frames look wonderful. Framed my daughter's Moana print using one of them and it's slick.

IronRinn

Glass or plastic doesn't matter, you don't want the print touching either surface if you don't plan to switch it out on occasion. Frame Destination sells spacers (lots of other places, too, I would assume).

IronRinn

On sale Wednesday, March 22nd at 1pm Eastern (10am PDT)
https://greymatterart.com/
”Prometheus" by Gabz. 24″ x 36″ Screenprint. Ed of 225. $45

”Prometheus" by Gabz. 24″ x 36″ Screenprint. Ed of 150. $60 (Foil variant)
I know this movie is not good but I love looking at it and man I really like this poster.

Would like to see some pics of the actual "foil" on the variant.

IronRinn

Today, Monday, March 20th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: Ween posters from David Welker.

image3_c0a1d7da-ad93-4248-bfd6-56e3c7824d16_1024x1024.JPG

WEEN - Aragon Ballroom 3/16/17. 14" x 24" screen print. Signed and numbered AE edition of 100, $40

image2_1024x1024.jpeg

WEEN - Aragon Ballroom 3/17/17. 14" x 24" screen print. Signed and numbered edition AE of 100, $40

Personal Shopper by Tula Lotay
16"x24" Screen Print, Edition of 125
Printed by D&L Screenprinting
$40

Mondo Email says noon, website says random time so who knows?

I have her Mulholland Drive from mondo and its gorgeous, but I dunno anything about this movie. Reviews are pretty good?

$40

I have her Mulholland Drive from mondo and its gorgeous, but I dunno anything about this movie. Reviews are pretty good?

great poster, actually going to see this movie this week

$40

I know nothing about that movie but that poster is gorgeous.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I think the print is super pretty, and I like Tula Lotay's art a bunch, but seeing the art then the trailer is kind of hilarious. The vibes could not be more different. But then again, maybe the trailer is misleading?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think the print is super pretty, and I like Tula Lotay's art a bunch, but seeing the art then the trailer is kind of hilarious. The vibes could not be more different. But then again, maybe the trailer is misleading?

What are you talking about? I see that print and I'm like, "Whoa, this must be one spooky ghost story!"

Anyhoo, to go along with T&A Tuesdays, Bottleneck is selling this American Beauty print tomorrow at noon.

Luderico

$40

Like Tulas art. But not how she interprets it to movie posters. Always some kind of sex something vibe. Like with Mulholland Drive. Sure it is beautiful, a woman with some nice tits. But do i see the movie in it. Not for me.
Have not seen Personal Shopper, also just the trailer. Again would not think of Kristen Stewart in lingerie after watching it. It is beautiful? Yeah it sure is.
And it looks like the exaclty same font is used

IronRinn

Friday, March 24th at 12:30pm PST on Dark Hall Mansion: Gone With the Wind by Laurent Durieux.

24" x 36" 10-color screen print. Numbered edition of 345, $70. Foil Edition of 20, $150. Canvas edition of 15, $250.

24" x 36" 10-color screen print. Numbered edition of 145, $100. Foil Edition of 20, $150. Canvas edition of 15, $250.

BigHow

Neo Member
Starting Thursday, March 23rd at 10am CST until Sunday, March 26th at 10am CST: "Spider-Verse" by DKNG.

24" x 36" screen print. Timed edition, $50

24" x 36" screen print. Timed edition, $50

Man, both look great. Definitely leaning towards the blue version, if only for Spider-Ham.

I think my only complaint is that Cyborg Spider-Man is incorrect. While that is the art they use for Cyborg Spider-Man in the Spider-Man Unlimited iPad game, the 2015 Cyborg Spider-Man actually looked like this:

latest

The version on the poster is from the 1992 Revenge of the Sinister Six storyline:

WEj5tFy.jpg

Luderico

Friday, March 24th at 12:30pm PST on Dark Hall Mansion: Gone With the Wind by Laurent Durieux.

24" x 36" 10-color screen print. Numbered edition of 345, $70. Foil Edition of 20, $150. Canvas edition of 15, $250.

24" x 36" 10-color screen print. Numbered edition of 145, $100. Foil Edition of 20, $150. Canvas edition of 15, $250.

Man these are really lovely. Best Durieux work since a really long time. Sadly don't care for the movie.

Top Bottom