• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Ploid 3.0

What are the character packs then? If I don't buy those who do I get to play with?

On PC they give you characters + costumes and maybe character stash to go with it. On PC I just unlock all characters with splinters. I'm holding a ton of splinters now with nothing to buy. I can get the team ups that I don't have but I don't need them, and I don't want to level them up or gear them. Jessica Jones is all I need now.

IbukiLordSA

Ah I see thanks for info, thought you have to buy one of the packs in order to play :p was only interested in Psylocke and Magik anyway so will just play until I can unlock them.

ValeYard

Inventory is very important. If you stick to one character you can probably survive for a while, but as you collect runes, artifacts, and craft materials you will fill that storage space up. You can buy one storage on PC with splinters. You can later get a storage from a event like Big 10, and outside of that you will need to buy them. If you spend money on anything, let it be storage space.

So storage and not inventory space?

Ploid 3.0

So storage and not inventory space?

Inventory space can't be expanded, this is maxed size. They allowed a extra smaller inventory on the team up window (works even if you don't have a team up), but storage stash's is what you go to in hubs and store tras.. er valuable stuff. This is PC info, I don't know how they handle the extra Team up inventory space on consoles.

Left and middle boxes are inventory. The right shows how many stashes I have, and the Rocket Raccoon is a character specific stash that can only store "any hero" unique item (they will be removed by the time console people start playing I think), and gear that Rocket has bound to him, or gear that he can wear.

42ero0L.png

Really interested in the game but holy hell just saw the pricing on this and the x-men pack is pretty much the most expensive thing on the local store, I can get every latest game release for the same price or lower. It also seems like that pack only gives me 5 characters and then there are other packs as well, no thanks Marvel, I can't get on board with pricing like that, sorry not something I can support.

I'm not going to lecture people on what prices they should think are reasonable and what's too much. But I will say that if you buy, say, the X-Men pack and play until all of those heroes are geared well enough to handle the end game content, then that will take a lot more hours than even a full-priced 'regular' RPG.

(You can see this as a value or as a criticism of the game's loot mechanics. Again, not telling anyone what they should think is a good deal.)

Ploid 3.0

Wait to see if you like the game, then if you really like it, spend money on stash, and spend more on stash. If you still think you want to spend money, spend it on stash, and maybe stash.

Stash.

Edit: Degen, old Marvel Heroes streamer, just mentioned that storage is worse in this game, mentioned the price too. So, wow, hope it's not too bad. I'm trying to find out how much space there is. Maybe he think it's worse because of the user interface + increased price (a lot of characters are more expensive to buy with splinters/G's too).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wait to see if you like the game, then if you really like it, spend money on stash, and spend more on stash. If you still think you want to spend money, spend it on stash, and maybe stash.

Stash.

Edit: Degen, old Marvel Heroes streamer, just mentioned that storage is worse in this game, mentioned the price too. So, wow, hope it's not too bad. I'm trying to find out how much space there is. Maybe he think it's worse because of the user interface + increased price (a lot of characters are more expensive to buy with splinters/G's too).
ffs, why?

hank_tree

Ah I see thanks for info, thought you have to buy one of the packs in order to play :p was only interested in Psylocke and Magik anyway so will just play until I can unlock them.

Assuming it's the same as the PC, you can play any character to level 10 and then you have to pay to unlock (using real cash or a rare in game currency).

However, they give you enough currency to unlock one character for free and when you get to max level with that character you will have enough to unlock another.

Ploid 3.0

ffs, why?

It's the 200 ES heroes, some were moved to 400 ES if I remember it correctly. Like old starter heroes for example. Scarlet isn't 200 anymore I think he said (sorry this info was barely stored in my short term memory since I was just listening to the stream in the background). Most heroes are 400ES.

Degen mentioned the controls feel as good as Final Fantasy XV (running around, picking stuff up, etc.). Putting on gear, going through inventory, and stuff feels weird to him (can't be helped, works well enough).

Jean = 600 Splinters now. /highroller

ReaperXL7

Can anyone tell me how many splinters Ghost Rider and Hulk are?

I'm going to push to have them unlocked prior to the open Beta.

Just FYI, you can now purchase inventory space, not just stash space. It only costs 200G to upgrade your inventory (the number of items a character can hold) by 10, as opposed to the 1000G it costs to purchase another "stash tab". You begin the game with a max inventory of 40 items.

Ashtar

You still need to purchase a Founder's Pack. Prices start at $19.99 for eithe Deadpool or Spider-Man. If you have Playstation+ you can buy a War Machine Pack for $17.99.
Sorry there was a typo I meant without psn plus
What I meant to say is can I play online without psn plus?
This might be fun to play with my nephews, also any split screen?

Ploid 3.0

Hey! Ploid..still no pc. Hoga keeps trying to get me though

So I can just max a character and that gives me stuff to buy another?

hah that's how he got me here with a PC. Don't fall for it, it'll consume your soul with troubleshooting and tweaking. Thinking about flashing my Rx 480 into a Rx 580. Literally downloading a graphics card. I regret things, I regret Hoga.

Yes, you get splinters to buy your first character, and when you hit max level or finish the story mode (forgot which) they give you splinters to be able to buy a second character. Just test the characters to 10 (free) and see who you like. I would suggest Storm or Scarlet, high roller expensive character now, Witch. Storm is my farm character (shifted to Scarlet to test her), she crowd controls, all while melting things easily. Lots of aoe.

Sorry there was a typo I meant without psn plus
What I meant to say is can I play online without psn plus?
This might be fun to play with my nephews, also any split screen?

I don't think you need PlayStation+ and there is local co-op. Player 1 signs in using their PSN account and Player 2 has access to Player 1's characters.

Inventory space can't be expanded. They allowed a extra smaller inventory on the team up window (works even if you don't have a team up), but storage stash's is what you go to in hubs and store tras.. er valuable stuff. This is PC info, I don't know how they handle the extra Team up inventory space on consoles.

Left and middle boxes are inventory. The left shows how many stashes I have, and the Rocket Raccoon is a character specific stash that can only store "any hero" unique item (they will be removed by the time console people start playing I think), and gear that Rocket has bound to him, or gear that he can wear.

42ero0L.png

Inventory space can be expanded. It cost 200G to expand it by 10 slots. You start with 40 open slots.

Ploid 3.0

No stress man, it's not something you should remember. It's unique to the console version. ;)

Oh, hah, I'm just going to get to sleep then. I was wondering if the main storage was expandable on PC. Maybe it was, I don't know, but I didn't know you were talking about the console version.

Varg

Banned
The game can be summed up as a baby's first or fisher price arpg. They dumbed it down incredibly over time. Probably will find a good reception from console players just by the Marvel license alone .

Ploid 3.0

I thought I read that War Machine will be free for PS+ members also.

Yeah, I have seen the same. Many ways to get early characters for free if you also have PS+. I like Warmachine, the heat mechanic is a lot easier to manage than the combo meters of Daredevil, She Hulk, and so on. You do a rotation, and he's heated up from what I remember. Fun

Heard that was walked back to exclusive to plus and 17.99 now

Ok, it's probably the discount then.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm not saying he's wrong; the game has been simplified and rightfully so, but "baby's first or fisher price arpg" is incredibly condescending towards those who enjoy it. That's a huge exaggeration.

I suppose. The fact it's simpler is to it's benefit imo, it's what made me interested and what kept me around

Heard that was walked back to exclusive to plus and 17.99 now

In the original founder packs pricing Koromori said that Warmachine would be free for Ps+ subs. But then the head dev came in and explained that that information was wrong and that he was 17.99 for the character, a costume, a boost and 5 dollars with of G. So really he's the cheapest way into the beta if you have PS+ Plus he's a solid character and the head Dev's favorite character (He stated it in stream and on the forums WM is his icon) and you can never EVER go wrong playing the head devs favorite character

So if I buy the Spiderman pack, and play couch co op, who does my wife get to be? Do I have to a pack with more than one character?

Top Bottom