• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard Umbrella Chronicle new info

king zell

from NEW-QUITER

http://www.geocities.jp/new_quiter/new-Quiter.html

- The Bio Hazard series on Wii is NOT a side story game, it is a main stream series game
- Story is straight after Code Veronica (so Code Veronica -> BH Wii -> BH4 -> BH5)
- 3 main characters
- Jill is confirmed, 2 others still not confirmed
- Rumours is that Wesker is the other unconfirmed character
- Game system follows BH4

thanx mutsu :)

cvxfreak

Yeah, I think this is just a rumor. Would be nice if it weren't the compilation RE we thought we'd be seeing before.

mutsu

Better translation:

- The Bio Hazard series on Wii is NOT a side story game, it is a main story series game
- Story is straight after Code Veronica (so Code Veronica -> BH Wii -> BH4 -> BH5)
- 3 main characters
- Jill is confirmed, other two still not confirmed
- Rumours is that Wesker is one of the other unconfirmed character

(obviously this is coming from non-confirmed source, so take with a grain of salt)

mutsu said:
Better translation:

- The Bio Hazard series on Wii is NOT a side story game, it is a main story series game
- 3 main characters

(obviously this is coming from non-confirmed source, so take with a grain of salt)

Hmm, sounds better than I expected.

mutsu said:
Better translation:

- 3 main characters

I can live with that

king zell said:
from NEW-QUITER

- The Bio Hazard series on Wii is NOT a side story game, it is a main stream series game
- 3 main characters

How nice. The ability to Godmode in an RE game.

AniHawk said:
Jill Valentine's evil twin Gill will appear, supposedly.
gill_thumb.jpg

Cool

{Mike}

Banned
king zell said:
from NEW-QUITER

- 3 main characters

Sales +1

cvxfreak

Smiles and Cries said:
Since we all know the Wii will never get RE5 :(

are you guys happy with this?

Sure. I'm sure Dreamcast fans didn't complain when they got an un-numbered RE while the PS2 and N64 were supposed to get numbered ones at the time (RE4 and Zero). If the Wii game counts for the story like any other RE, it'll be equally as important as RE4 and RE5.

Rotanibor

Looks like I should start playing the earlier Resident Evil games so I can know what the **** is going on in the story, as it seems like this one will have to do with that Umbrella stuff. I've only played 4 and that basically had nothing to do with the earlier games at all.

So I'm probably gonna pick REmake up on the cube, but besides that what other RE games would probably give me the most out of the resident evil storyline?

king zell said:
from NEW-QUITER

- 3 main characters

Jerking off as we speak.

cvxfreak

Rotanibor Eht said:
So I'm probably gonna pick REmake up on the cube, but besides that what other RE games would probably give me the most out of the resident evil storyline?

RECVX and RE4 are your best bets, storywise. RE3 also, for the sake of its ending. RE2's also important but the plot in that game hasn't really gone anywhere since it first came out. (every damn game after RE2 is a sequel to RE2, put it that way :lol)

Rotanibor

cvxfreak said:
RECVX and RE4 are your best bets, storywise. RE3 also, for the sake of its ending. RE2's also important but the plot in that game hasn't really gone anywhere since it first came out. (every damn game after RE2 is a sequel to RE2, put it that way :lol)

Whats the definitive versions of all those games? I'm assuming the cube as I believe it came out on those last, so more fine tuning and all that, but I am really not sure. Code Veronica was on what, like 3 or 4 systems? RE2 was on like 3 as well I believe.

cvxfreak

Rotanibor Eht said:
Whats the definitive versions of all those games? I'm assuming the cube as I believe it came out on those last, so more fine tuning and all that, but I am really not sure. Code Veronica was on what, like 3 or 4 systems? RE2 was on like 3 as well I believe.

Story-wise, strictly speaking you'd have to go with RE2 N64, any version of RE3, any version of RECVX and the PS2 version of RE4. Gameplay-wise, any version of RE2 and RE3 will do (though the GC version of RE2 is best due to cut-scene skipping + one disc) and RECVX has faster load times on the GC than PS2. RE4 GC looks better and has superior controls to the PS2 game.

SumGamer

Smiles and Cries said:
Since we all know the Wii will never get RE5 :(

are you guys happy with this?

Or you prefer nothingness? As long as it's a good game I have nothing to complain about.

Fady K

king zell said:
from NEW-QUITER

- 3 main characters

Hmm, if this is true, then im pumped. RE:CVX had my favorite RE story, and id love to see a sequel to it. Im missing wesker as well, and how can we go wrong with the RE4 game system? :) Hope this turns out to be true.

But I couldve sworn Ive heard official info from Capcom that this will just be based on the Resident Evils we already played through :/

cvxfreak said:
Story-wise, strictly speaking you'd have to go with RE2 N64, any version of RE3, any version of RECVX and the PS2 version of RE4. Gameplay-wise, any version of RE2 and RE3 will do (though the GC version of RE2 is best due to cut-scene skipping + one disc) and RECVX has faster load times on the GC than PS2. RE4 GC looks better and has superior controls to the PS2 game.

Huh?

Rotanibor

cvxfreak said:

Whats the story difference between the N64 version and Cube version of RE2? Is it anything important or mostly just fluff? I looked over the differences of RE4 versions before and all that mostly seemed like fluff to me. Is it along the same lines?

SumGamer

MutFox said:
What are the differences between the 2? (GC vs PS2.)
You get Ada side of the story I think.
And Leon became mafia and Ashley found time-machine and go back in time to bring full knight armor with her.

cvxfreak

Rotanibor Eht said:
Whats the story difference between the N64 version and Cube version of RE2? Is it anything important or mostly just fluff? I looked over the differences of RE4 versions before and all that mostly seemed like fluff to me. Is it along the same lines?

RE2 N64 has a bunch of extra files that link it to the other RE games. Pretty much it. No other version has those extras, including the DC and GC versions that came after it

RE4 extras might seem like fluff, but again, I was speaking strictly for story-line purposes. You'll get quite a bit of story you can't get in the GC version by playing RE4 on PS2.

cvxfreak

I guess Wesker is a lock for returning. He was seen in the second minitrailer, even if it was recycled footage from RE0.

king zell said:
from NEW-QUITER

- 3 main characters

I love that part.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
The trailer showed the mansion from RE1. The mansion from RE1 is no more in the game's continuity. So Umbrella Chronicles takes place during RE1, reinforcing the compilation rumor.

It doesn't jive with this new info.

cvxfreak

Pedobear said:
The trailer showed the mansion from RE1. The mansion from RE1 is no more in the game's continuity. So Umbrella Chronicles takes place during RE1, reinforcing the compilation rumor.

It also showed RE0 footage... so the compilation as well seems to jive with that.

But Umbrella Chronicles info is so spotty at best anyway. The Chinese or Taiwanese magazine that seemed to focused on the game called it "Umbrella Corp. Chronicles" which wouldn't have happened if they actually had corresponded with Capcom on the actual title.

They also mentioned RE1-4 being the featured games... again, which makes little sense. It's so easy for the average non-RE fan to forget that Zero existed, and that there was a CODE: Veronica too. And what would Capcom gain by including RE4 in there, but not CV or Zero? The compilation, by what we've heard, is supposed to RE4-ify the previous games to a certain extent. Unless the Wiimote is THAT important... it seems as if the magazine just found out the game's title ahead of time and rolled with that they thought would happen.

Pedobear said:

except one minor thing.

this is a resident evil game we're talking about. remember the first videos we saw of RE4 (heck remember the second set of videos we saw of RE4) had nothing to do with the game, which was totally overhauled before it came out. remember the first version of RE2?

while i personally don't think this rumour is likely it's mostly because i thought and still think that an RE4 style overview of the series's plot would be both hugely fun, and a great thing for people like Rotanibor Eht.

however it turns out, i hope it still has the arcade mode rumoured from before. until this gets a source though i'm presuming fake.

RE2 on the N64 is my favourite version not just for story. it has the most extras and some good control options for people that can't handle the tank controls. random mode is great. scene skipping is good if you've played the game before, but you havent :)

apart from that CVX has it 100% on the money. another thing you might want to do is to read wesker's 2 reports after playing CVX. i believe CVX has transcripts of those he wrote on gamefaqs.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
I have three reasons to want a RE compilation ala RE4.

1) It's more of RE4's camera angle and aiming system.

2) Next-gen RPD precinct.

3) Next-gen Nemesis.

It´s time for Capcom to tell us what this game is all about, the missing link between CVX and RE4 or a game to summarize Umbrella´s story plus the untold Umbrella´s dead (in detail).

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Mr. Pointy said:
Wait a minute, didn't Capcom confirm that RE Wii was going to be a compilation game, instead of this CVX2 rumour?

That means very little when it comes to RE games. Not that I believe this (I really ****ing want to LOL), but, look at what happened with RE4. We got Devil May Cry out of it, because of the different concepts they scrapped.

Pedobear said:
I have three reasons to want a RE compilation ala RE4.

1) It's more of RE4's camera angle and aiming system.

2) Next-gen RPD precinct.

3) Next-gen Nemesis.
three very very good reasons to want such a thing.

Top Bottom