• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

zeemumu

Wow, the remaster makes me think that Dream Drop Distance isn't awful. That's a big feat.

Haven't even touched 0.2 yet.

It's probably best that you play DDD before 0.2 anyway. The jump in quality between the two is amazing. It's gonna be hard to go back to DDD magic.

And more respect gained for Aqua

MICKEY DIDN'T HAVE A SHIRT IN KH1 BECAUSE HE LOST IT TO THE DARKNESS!

HE LOST IT TO THE DARKNESS!!!

Tsunamo

I still enjoy DDD, I just don't enjoy some aspects of it and it's unforunate that while the Osaka team took the time to add a couple of new dream eaters, double the drop gauge they didn't bother to add Secret Portals in The World That Never Was.

But playing DDD at a stable 60fps is such a upgrade from the 3DS version.

DDD is great and it's funny to see people coming around on it now. Bow down to the third best KH
Eh... I think I still prefer 1, 2 and BBS. Now that a lot of it's technical shortcomings aren't an issue (which affected my opinion of the 3DS release), it really only highlights the fact that it isn't as mechanically sound as the preceding three main games from a design standpoint.

Definitely a lot more fun to play with a stable frame rate and far better resolution, though.

Malyse

The easiest way to gauge the importance of a KH title is whether or not it has a CG video.
With: KH, KH2, BBS, 3D, 0.2, [chi]
Without: CoM, Days, Coded

Roxas has Oblivion in the 3D opening.
PviaTmN.png

So how does Mickey already know about Sora and Riku in 0.2? Am I forgetting something?

They never seem to explain how, but he was aware of Sora and Riku for most of KH1. He was the mysterious voice talking to Sora in KH1's intro, and KH1FM adds a new scene where he contacts Riku in the same fashion (shortly after Riku was trapped in the realm of darkness, since Ansem stole his body). Mickey makes it a point to say that he's been trying to reach him for the longest, but couldn't because his heart was clouded by darkness.(lol)

In that same Final Mix cutscene, he also says he hadn't found the dark Kingdom Key yet, so presumably that conversation took place before he ran into Aqua and 0.2's endgame plays out.

Malyse

At that point, he already knew about "someone with a key" or something around those lines, right? Since he wrote that letter in the beginning of KH1. He'd probably done some looking-into in the matter and found out who they were.

Why would you do this, I'm crying again.

Why would I not?

Burbeting

Banned
Finished 0.2 in roughly 2.5 hours. It was alright, the best parts were the battles against mirror Aqua, that's for sure. The darkside bosses and the regular enemies were pretty fun, and the heartless swarm bosses were awful. Hopefully the team will build up on the mirror Aqua bosses with the real deal.

Tsunamo

I'm still under the impression 0.2 was supposed to answer far more questions of the series in the original project. You had this scenerio filling in the gaps for Aqua, explaining
How Xemnas knows where Ven is, how mickey got the KKD.
but there was so much more Nomura had been forshadowing for so long, like more about the apprentices and what happened in those years, how Radiant Garden fell to darkness after BBS but before KH1, the power struggle behind Terra and Xehanort, and it's been illuded to so so many times but how Mickey was 'there on that day' in Traverse Town but never actually explained what he was doing (probably one of the reasons he knows who Sora is)

Then you have the other stuff like Riku inbetween KH and KH2, Kairi Heading to the Mansion in Twilight Town and I still get a sense that the original vision for 0.2 was meant to fill in the rest of the gaps in the series that were missing. It's a shame we'll never get to see the whole story, but i'm really glad we got this out of it.

Psxphile

I think I remember Coded actually explaining this one.

Mickey tells Data-Sora he was there but not why. I believe in one of the Ultimanias Nomura explained when asked that Mickey got into the Dark Realm via Traverse Town because it sits closer to the border than any other world. I may be fumbling up my facts, though. It was definitely stated at some point.

zeemumu

The Master of Masters is awesome.

If the master of masters,isn't just playing them all I'm going with
Gula
as the traitor. I know that doesn't make sense but that's what I'm going with

So does Daybreak Town
only exist within the realm of sleep
?

Azerare

Out of the bunch I viewed it as
Aced
who really veered off too quickly for his role.

I wouldn't mind them going more into the sleeping realm and getting more info on the book of prophecies.

Psxphile

I thought we established
Ava
was the traitor after what transpired in [chi]'s final moments. Unless the games and movie are trying to establish that all of the Foretellers are traitors in some very specific ways.

Then there's Unchained, which hasn't gotten to that point yet so I wonder if they'll try to play the "alternate timeline" thing to its logical conclusion and change things up.

Psxphile

So, what happened to the
keyblade welders that were spared from the war?

They were meant
to cross over into Unchained. Your player character could be considered one, but the special epilogue to [chi] implies the other world was just a dream.

zeemumu

Does the 2.8 movie spoil stuff if I only finished KH1?

I played some of BBS, KH2, KHCOM but haven't finished them yet.

Nope. It covers stuff that's only covered in the cell phone games (Unchained, Chi, and Coded, sorta)

They were meant
to cross over into Unchained. Your player character could be considered one, but the special epilogue to [chi] implies the other world was just a dream.

Ah, I see. So
Chi was the dream and Unchained was the reality, and that's why they're both canon and the same game despite being different games.
It's all coming together now.

Sora_N

Nope. It covers stuff that's only covered in the cell phone games (Unchained, Chi, and Coded, sorta)

Ah, I see. So
Chi was the dream and Unchained was the reality, and that's why they're both canon and the same game despite being different games.
It's all coming together now.

Thanks!

Malyse

It's amazing how disconnected the [chi] series is from the rest of the canon. Like, the stuff that's important (Pride keyblade, Book of Prophecies, Kingdom Hearts summoning) is super fucking important, but the majority of the plot is MMO level insanity.

Famassu

On one hand, it's pretty silly they do explain it, on the other if they'd had that same scene in 0.2 from 1 with Mickey in his current attire, fans would be all "why does Mickey have a shirt on in this?!!!!"

zeemumu

On one hand, it's pretty silly they do explain it, on the other if they'd had that same scene in 0.2 from 1 with Mickey in his current attire, fans would be all "why does Mickey have a shirt on in this?!!!!"

I'm assuming that at the time KH1's main story was finished, SE didn't have the okay from Disney on a Mickey design so they used his default appearance.

I wonder if Luxu and the master of masters are the only ones wearing cloaks because they're theyes use the corridors of Darkness for travel in and out of daybreak town.

Malyse

It would be beyond amazing if they got Xehanort to be voiced by Billy Zane (since both of the Master Xehanort VA's are no longer with us).

Finally got my KHII platinum. I forgot over the years how much I loved the game. Definitely one of my all-time favorites.

I don't think I'll ever attempt the other platinums.

As for the gummi missions, I still dislike them, but wrecking everything with the donut ship is satisfying.

Those are some vague ass rumours with not a single one being really something that can ever be confirmed >.<.

''there are certain playable zones''. No shit, we saw them back in 2015 lol.

When a new build is done and Nomura checks it, he wants it to be better in certain aspects. He wants the game to have very good quality standards.

That's every single game in the history ever.

Lnds500

I'm assuming that at the time KH1's main story was finished, SE didn't have the okay from Disney on a Mickey design so they used his default appearance.

I wonder if Luxu and the master of masters are the only ones wearing cloaks because they're theyes use the corridors of Darkness for travel in and out of daybreak town.

They could have easily retconned the original's scene on the PS4 remaster. It's too much fuss and the outfits still don't match.

Those are some vague ass rumours with not a single one being really something that can ever be confirmed >.<.

''there are certain playable zones''. No shit, we saw them back in 2015 lol.

That's every single game in the history ever.

So basically someone with basic logic skills put a list of logical conclusions based on what we;ve seen so far. Seriously, the only thing I couldn't have told you is the "release date" and the "playable in August" bit.

Top Bottom