• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

AJ Green is on a bye ths week so I'm forced into this unenviable postion.

Amari Cooper, Willie Snead or Latavius Murray in the flex?

Hey fantasy-GAF, what do you think of these two match-ups?

Texans Defense (vs. Cleveland)
or
Jaguars defense (vs. the Rams)

Tarik Cohen (@ Baltimore)
or
Marlon Mack (@ Tennessee)

I'm leaning to Mack because Trubisky's still new, even though Cohen has a higher projection and I'm leaning to the Texans because they're going against the Browns. I'm a 10 point underdog so I was wondering if it might be better to go with the Jags and hope they have a big day again.

I'd start the Jags every week. I like Mack too.

Kakaroach

B. Cooks ain’t done shit except that one week (when I sat him of course) so I’m thinking of putting Funchess out there, despite all the “who should I start” numbers pointing to Cooks. Other receivers are D. Hopkins and J. Nelson so they’re obviously staying.

I just don’t know. Cooks going against Jets but has not been targeted enough - I don’t know what the fuck the point of acquiring him even was for the Pats. Meanwhile Funchess plays tonight against Philly and I just haven’t had good luck playing guys on Thursdays.

What do?
As a fellow Cooks owner, I feel ya. All of the fantasy experts still consider him a top 15 WR every week but I don't know if I see it. If he has another big week I'm gonna try and get rid of him in a deal. Hoping he pops off against the Jets.

phanphare

Banned
g7JeK8U.jpg

Darkman M

Handcuffed Morris I should b good lol

Edit: it's not over yet.......

NFLPA is expected to re-file the case with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and seek a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction in order to keep Elliott playing

This is ridiculous.

zeke owners on suicide watch

him serving it mid season is far worse than him doing at the beginning of the season(due to the bye weeks) if you ask me

In light of this news I wonder if Zeke makes a good trade target? I have a strong team securely in second pressuring for first place with a 4-1 record. I think I'll be good for the playoff's and Zeke should be back by then regardless if the suspension stands or not.

In light of these events, what would be a good trade for Zeke? Carlos Hyde?

In light of this news I wonder if Zeke makes a good trade target? I have a strong team securely in second pressuring for first place with a 4-1 record. I think I'll be good for the playoff's and Zeke should be back by then regardless if the suspension stands or not.

If you have like Gurley/Hunt and have a strong enough stable of RBs, I would say it's smart.

Hyde I would say is good since he's injury prone and you can have an extra bench space to drop Breida (I think I spelt that right without looking).

Kakaroach

The guy who had Mack dropped him for Morris. I'm debating dropping Wentz or Crowell but not sure if Mack is worth it. I know Crowell has been awful but...

KyleP29

In light of this news I wonder if Zeke makes a good trade target? I have a strong team securely in second pressuring for first place with a 4-1 record. I think I'll be good for the playoff's and Zeke should be back by then regardless if the suspension stand or gets reduced.

Assuming everything holds as is Zeke wont be back until week 13 which is typically the last week of the regular season in most fantasy formats.

I really dont see zeke having any trade value in this situation. Giving up even a player of mediocre flex value is gamble with that stretch being prime for bye weeks when you need to rely on your bench. All for the hopes you can hold onto a playoff spot to even see any return on the trade is something i can only see a few fantasy teams being in a position to even consider.

hyde dropped in a lot of value due to the uncertainty of the backfield

personally i think having to have basically an unusable bench spot for that long is not worth it(even if it's zeke)

but that's only my opinion though

Morris or McFadden

who the fuck knows

everyone thought it'd be mcfadden but he's basically been a healthy scratch this whole season with morris playing in the games

someone in my league picked up both

Maybe the DST scoring in my league is wildly different because it’s the only thing that can explain why so many experts rank the Patriots D in the top 10 every week. I don’t get it at all.

Man, I'm worried about Wentz this game. No Lane Johnson and the Panthers Defense. I didn't have any better options.

Funchess is also playing for me tonight so it should be a solid night (hopefully).

jackdoe

I'm personally surprised that so few people own Robbie Gould in fantasy. The 49ers can barely get into field goal range (pretty consistently the last few weeks) and rarely score touchdowns; perfect for a fantasy kicker. Hell, he already has eight 49 yd FGs in only five weeks of play.

I'm personally surprised that so few people own Robbie Gould in fantasy. The 49ers can barely get into field goal range (pretty consistently the last few weeks) and rarely score touchdowns; perfect for a fantasy kicker. Hell, he already has eight 49 yd FGs in only five weeks of play.

Yeah he was a solid pickup last week for sure.

I've jumped on the Buttkicker.. err Butker train lately. The Chiefs seem to go to sleep in the 2nd half of most games and settle for FG while killing clock.

Well I did it - I proposed a trade away Hyde for Zeke. My other RB's are Hunt, Abdullah, and Jamall Charles. I currently have a waiver claim to drop Charles for Morris. Currently sitting in 2nd 15 points behind first making this trade for the playoffs. I have a really strong receiving group including Julio, Hilton, Baldwin, and Maclin.

duxstar

With a 5 - 0 record, gurley and doug martin i can probably survive a zeke suspension ..... but i just dropped mcfadden for rob kelley =(

With a 5 - 0 record, gurley and doug martin i can probably survive a zeke suspension ..... but i just dropped mcfadden for rob kelley =(

Ha, we're both 5-0 with Elliot, Gurley, and Martin.

I want to pick up McFadden ASAP but I don't really have an obvious candidate. I picked up Brissett as my 3rd QB as Dak is on bye and Mariota's status is up in the air, so it should probably be him, but I'm thinking maybe dropping McGuire for him too.

dakilla13

Got offered Zeke + Tarik Cohen for my Christian McCaffrey + Alex Collins. Should I do it?

My RB's are:

Melvin Gordon
Kareem Hunt
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Alex Collins
Theo Riddick

Currently 1st in my league.

Got offered Zeke + Tarik Cohen for my Christian McCaffrey + Alex Collins. Should I do it?

My RB's are:

Melvin Gordon
Kareem Hunt
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Alex Collins
Theo Riddick

No, there is way too much risk for you there in both the players you're giving up and the ones you're keeping.

Just probing for opinions here: would you trade Deandre Hopkins and Martellus Bennett (or Jack Doyle) for Kareem Hunt and Evan Engram?

For context, it's full PPR and the guy is starting Willie Snead and Marvin Jones at WR

My RB's are:

Melvin Gordon
Kareem Hunt
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Alex Collins
Theo Riddick

I would. Gordon, Hunt and Zeke in the playoffs sounds unstoppable. Definitely risky but yeah.

duxstar

Somebody in my league dropped tyrod taylor, i would kill to pick him up. I came into the year with wentz and flacco, now im currently stashing luck (who was dropped by another owner). Taylor is just so consistent its hard to pass up

duxstar

My RB's are:

Melvin Gordon
Kareem Hunt
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Alex Collins
Theo Riddick

Im really not a fan of Mccafrey , so id do i.

To be honest your rb core is awesome, but adding zeke cant hurt

Instro

My RB's are:

Melvin Gordon
Kareem Hunt
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Alex Collins
Theo Riddick

Kamara is worth more as a backup than what you are losing in that trade, and Zeke could be a nice stash for playoffs. Certainly you are set for starters so you might as go for it.

Just probing for opinions here: would you trade Deandre Hopkins and Martellus Bennett (or Jack Doyle) for Kareem Hunt and Evan Engram?

For context, it's full PPR and the guy is starting Willie Snead and Marvin Jones at WR

I can't imagine the Hunt owner agreeing to that trade, it's pretty one sided.

Top Bottom