• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

WOW the gore.

A a huge fan of Soldier of Fortune2 I welcome this gore. Tired with how tame video game gore has been.

Bullet entry and Exit wounds on models adds so much immersion to a game.

Im phenomenally psyched for this game, mainly because it seems like its a nice change of pace from most modern shooters these days, and Rockstar seemed to be heading in a really cool direction with the Red Dead mp.

What does GAF think about the potential community for this game? Any chance it could blow-up like COD? or BF3 maybe?

Im phenomenally psyched for this game, mainly because it seems like its a nice change of pace from most modern shooters these days, and Rockstar seemed to be heading in a really cool direction with the Red Dead mp.

What does GAF think about the potential community for this game? Any chance it could blow-up like COD? or BF3 maybe?

Like COD? I kinda doubt it.

But if it's addictive like the MP for GTA and RDR, I'm sure a community will exist years down the line.

No way it catches on like either CoD or BF3. I'm sure it'll have a healthy multiplayer audience for years to come, but those games, along with Halo, are monsters. Joe Gamer seems to gravitate towards FPS's, established multiplayer FPS's in particular. I'm guessing 3rd person games have an added level of "character awareness" that the casual shooter fan isn't interested in handling. Some people just don't like having to deal with the characters and the camera separately while focusing on enemies that are doing the same + cover mechanics.

Like COD? I kinda doubt it.

But if it's addictive like the MP for GTA and RDR, I'm sure a community will exist years down the line.

I personally still play both GTA and RDR multiplayer. Are they the most balanced and competitive? No. But they are fun as hell.

In fact, going to be playing some TBGT tonight and RDR this weekend for Triple XP if anyone is interested. "CelticKennedy" on XBL.

Simo

I personally still play both GTA and RDR multiplayer. Are they the most balanced and competitive? No. But they are fun as hell.

In fact, going to be playing some TBGT tonight and RDR this weekend for Triple XP if anyone is interested. "CelticKennedy" on XBL.

Same here though I'll admit I mostly stick to RDR's Free Roam...not so good when you jump into these Rockstar events and get your ass handed to you in the competitive game modes.

I'm really looking forward to the MP in Max Payne 3 though. If the shooting is as solid as everyone is saying coupled with the game modes we've heard about along with all the customization options then multi should keep me busy for a heck of a while. So who's in for a GAF Crew?!

Speaking of multiplayer, Digital Trends posted a really good hands-on about multi:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/max-payne-3-multiplayer-hands-on/
What you probably haven’t heard so much about is the game’s multiplayer component. Rockstar’s kept the focus largely on the solo campaign, but now we’ve had the chance to spend a couple of hours actually playing the team-based multiplayer against actual, living people. And there’s good news. It works. Really well. I would even go as far as saying that right now Max Payne 3‘s multiplayer feels like Rockstar’s most solid, and full-featured effort so far in the realm on online play.

On the customization side, you’ve got the expected array of firearms and explosives, all bound within the rules of the Maxverse. Or, in other words, you’ve got a slot for a two-handed weapon and a maximum of two slots for your single-handed weapons. These can be dual-wielded just so long as you’re okay with dropping your two-handed firearm. There’s also a grenade slot that you can fill with a frag, a Molotov cocktail, a flashbang, and a number of other thrown weapons.

It goes way deeper than that, however. You’ve got attachments to unlock for each weapon and explosives (such as sticky tape for your grenades). There are three body part-specific slots that you can equip “items” in, all of which give your avatar perk-like bonuses. It could be something as simple as a helmet, which cuts down on the headshot damage you take, or a more elaborate tool like an Autoinjector, which helps boost your Adrenaline meter while also defanging one of the game’s Burst abilities when it’s used against.

Much of this content unlocks as you level up, which you’ll do as you earn XP for scoring kills, completing objectives, and looting corpses. Oh yes: you can loot downed enemies mid-match for a small XP boost, plus replenished resources. The multiplayer leveling maxes out at 50, at which point you can choose to become a “Legend,” which is the Payne take on Prestige

EDIT: Oh nice, G4TV has an interview online with James McCaffrey:
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...y-on-wild-experience-of-resurrecting-an-icon/
max-payne-3-exclusive-interview-james-mccaffrey-on-resurrecting-a-gaming-icon.jpg

Hey look at that! A new suit!

dreamfall

New suit looks baller. New Bestbuy deal seems nice, but that collector's edition has been paid off months ago! Please, make this wait less unbearable!

Simo

I have a big favor to ask: If anybody is watching the Lakers Vs Spurs game on ESPN tonight, any chance they could capture the new Max Payne 3 TV commercial and upload it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A lot of the stuff in this game looks straight up next gen. The animation specifically.

I hope it becomes the norm for shooters with the transitions and animations.

delta25

Banned
Fuck, I have no PC to play this on. whatwasithinking.gif

I thought consoles sucked balls compared to PC for this?

Being that its using the Rage engine, all three versions are going to end up looking relatively close to one and other with the PC version having the advantage in resolution, AA, AF and a better FPS.

andthebeatgoeson

Being that its using the Rage engine, all three versions are going to end up looking relatively close to one and other with the PC version having the advantage in resolution, AA, AF and a better FPS.

Mostly thinking about 'dat mouse' and the controls. Played a little of MP1 on Xbox but bought it for my PC and loved 1 and 2. I think bullet time is made for a mouse. If they have a demo, I'll check it out for the 360.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I could watch these players change their mind on which way to run alllllll day ... the animations on display here are fucking nutter butters.

I'll have to get it for my PS3 first... but later this year i'm planning a new gaming PC build.. and i may have to double dip on this bad boy. Can't believe they have done such a (seemingly) fantastic job. Not that i doubt Rockstar but ... jesus. This looks like the tits.

Macarello

Yeah but that didn't happen for the first TV commercial so I figured I'd ask, should be some new footage too.

Some new screens:
530049_226084984160275_135355486566559_298913_974693255_n.jpg

543287_226084957493611_135355486566559_298912_1046844356_n.jpg

581573_226084920826948_135355486566559_298911_1797580919_n.jpg

Its really nice to see Max go back to having some of that smugness he had in the first game after the seriousness of 2.

New wallpapers!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...s-wallpapers-featuring-pt92-laser-sight-.html

maxpayne3_action14_640x360.jpg

maxpayne3_action13_640x360.jpg

maxpayne3_action15_640x360.jpg

Check out this brand-new selection of Max Payne 3 Action Series digital desktops, backgrounds, avatars and icons - now available for download and added to the backgrounds seen at the game's official site.

This week's set features Max descending into the favelas of São Paulo in his search for Fabiana Branco, a close-up of Max reloading his laser sight equipped PT92 handgun and a hi-res edition of Max wielding the M4 Super 90 as originally seen in our recent Shotguns of Max Payne 3 feature.

Grab these and the previously released backgrounds from the Action Series at the Max Payne 3 official site Downloads section or here at Rockstar Downloads - also including sizes tailored for mobile devices, Twitter backgrounds (1280x1024), and Facebook Covers.

Fjordson

Nice. New wallpaper time for my iPhone.

Absolutely love that bottom one. Hope there's at least a level or two that takes place at sundown like that. Looks great.

Fjordson

Was just going to post - I have failed you, GAF. Had to go out with the wife and some friends for dinner earlier than expected and forgot to record the game.

Could have said no on account of the commercial...might not have ended well, though :lol

Supposedly it was a pretty great spot. I wanna see it!

Nothing on YouTube yet. :( Heard it's all new footage and music and was EPIC.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi

HYYYYYYYYYPE

Was just going to post - I have failed you, GAF. Had to go out with the wife and some friends for dinner earlier than expected and forgot to record the game.

Could have said no on account of the commercial...might not have ended well, though :lol

Supposedly it was a pretty great spot. I wanna see it!

It's okay Fjordson. The lady must take precedence over the game. Honour.

Top Bottom