• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game has made you the most frustrated?

ornery

Had a friend ask me that today and I immediately thought of

z-rcbaron.jpg

Renekton

Witcher 2 (combat) - prologue was pants, most fights were supreme jank and mobby, the Letho midpoint fight was dumb

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Ori for a while and that rubber banding water in the Ginso tree section. Nearly smashed a pad...

Git good I suppose but at the time, fuck me sideways. RAGE.

J_Viper

I just spent an hour leveling up in Overwatch, only to earn a loot box that contained three sprays and an emblem

I'm a little mad

Syf

Banned
Any ranked team game I've tried really. Give me that 1v1 goodness where the only one I've gotta rely on not to throw the game is myself. It's better with a full, set team of people I know, but solo queue? Nah. I won't do that anymore.

Ishan

Dota and in sp hl after years of cs I was annoyed I couldn't headshot things immediately lol . But yeah dota someone feeding is very hard to balance against

Mega Man 9 is the only classic Mega Man game that has actively made me angry. Sure, 1, 2 and 10 had their bullshit moments, but Wily's Castle in MM9 was infuriating.

After losing to Wily for the fourth time (and I swear he had maybe 4 pixels of hp left) I said fuck it and deleted the game.

ChuyMasta

Glitches in BotW where freaking star fragment, a super rare drop, goes "inside" a mountain, cliff wall or underwater and thus becomes unreachable even though you can see the glow of it from a distance.

kurahador

Dota 2. When you win, everyone argue and you realized you just wasted 40 minutes of not having fun.
When you lose, everyone argue and realized you just wasted 40 minutes being frustrated.

Glad I quit.

wanderingking

Neo Member
Enslaved: Odessy to the West. I played it on hard mode and the experience sucked. There was one boss that shot lazers or something. Nearly broke a controller.

RowdyReverb

Playing Halo: MCC at launch was very frustrating, but more in a meta sense. I would have maybe 30 minutes of free time and spend it trying to get into a match, then when I would get into one, it would drop out again mid-game.

Kotor II I didn't like how I was missing out on so much by my actions.

I understand it. But it still annoyed me.

Especially with Kreia with me being so good.

Venture

Shadow of The Colossus. Trying to beat the hard time attack for the third colossus. I read FAQs, I watched videos of it being done, I tried it straight up, I tried the jump from the sword to the top of his head trick, I tried countless times. The few times when I was close to doing it, something would happen to screw me over. Finally I just gave up. Nothing else in the game ever came close to giving me that much trouble.

The Lion King game for Super Nintendo is the definition of this statement. Fuck that game.

On a more recent and meta level, I got Witcher 3 at release and couldn't play it for months because the menus were legitimately too small for me to read on my small ass TV. And I couldn't fix it in the settings. Had to get a new TV to be able to play it.

Gamegeneral

Kind of a cliche, but Anor Londo. The run from the elevator, through the archers.

It's not the worst thing in the series but it's the one that frustrated me the most, as I still hadn't quite figured the game out.

Strings

Natural Doctrine.

Basically, an SRPG where any character death results in an instant game over. Roughly 40 minutes into a level, after completing the main objective (and moving to leave the level from where I entered, which is a thing you have to do in this terrible game), a random summoner unit spawns a creature that attacks one of my characters for very, very low damage, and then instantly dies to the counterattack...

Which gives the turn back to the summoner unit, who re-summons the exact same creature, who performs the exact same attack, which results in the exact same damage and counterattack death.

This happens over 20 twenty times. Eventually, my character dies from the minuscule chip damage, and it's game over. I walk over to my PS4, eject the disc, and snap that shit in half.

I have played some bad SRPGs in my life (I make a point of playing almost everything released in the genre), but just lol at Natural Doctrine. The best part is that you'll occasionally have folks show up in threads to explain that you weren't playing it right if you didn't like it.

Here's a hilarious screenshot:

natural-doctrine-05-flechas-de-defensa.jpg

Jarrod38

Right now it's Rainbow Six Siege. You either get a good team and dominate or you get stuck with the morons who would rather screw around. I got the latter tonight and only got one win. Let's all rush into the window where the first teamate died.

In recent times, Black Ops 3 PC, skillbased matchmaking for <1k players is a recipe for making me want to Alt+F4

Though getting through that 100 win grind to get a crossbow was worth it in the end

hydruxo

I broke a glacier white PS4 controller thanks to a major losing streak in Overwatch.

Are...you me? I literally did the same thing haha. Wasn't during a losing streak, but something pissed me off reaaal bad in Overwatch and I ended up breaking my controller. I don't ever get mad like that with games but as much as I love Overwatch it can really get the salt flowing at times.

Perineum

Gears of War 2 at launch. The MP was the laggiest shittiest thing of all time.

To this day never broke or slammed a controller or anything, but Gears 2? I took that disc out and snapped it right in fucking half.

Single biggest piece of trash to ever grace my Xbox 360.

Shadow of The Colossus. Trying to beat the hard time attack for the third colossus. I read FAQs, I watched videos of it being done, I tried it straight up, I tried the jump from the sword to the top of his head trick, I tried countless times. The few times when I was close to doing it, something would happen to screw me over. Finally I just gave up. Nothing else in the game ever came close to giving me that much trouble.

This one. Never been so frustrated by a game before. You need so much luck with Wander's dangling. Finally earning the platinum gave me relief that I would never do it again, but it kind of soured the fun of fighting that boss in general again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I broke a couple of controllers (lol) in my youth with the early Pro Evo games on PS1.

I found out many years later that the Pro Evo AI is (or used to be back in the day) basically rigged, and it all made sense >_>

SuomiDude

I think there's two games. Super Smash Bros. Melee, we played it a lot during the GC days, and especially with my best friend. I was better than him as the stats showed, but sometimes I just had a bad day and I lost a lot. It was very frustrating and yes, my controller got some beating during the days. I was young(er) and stupid back then.

More recent example is Super Mario Maker. When playing through 100 man on Super Expert, you get some good challenging levels, but most of the time it's some stupid speedrun levels or weird kaizo trick levels. I can do both to some extent, but when the level starts by you falling to your death when you're supposed to do a pixel perfect jump at the beginning, it's very annoying.

Top Bottom