• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey - 10/10 from Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc44135

Awesome! Going off this review and all the positive buzz this game has been getting, I think it actually has a really good chance of being the second best Mario game ever! :D

giphy.gif

Cool! Wonder if we'll see another 10 on Switch. Not expecting so, but either way this is rewarding my relatively early adoption nicely.

Intel_89

No need for reviews, this one looks like a killer game since even before this years E3. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

MikeBison

We gonna get a mod renaming the thread to something about how edge hands out too many 10s this generation?

Anyway, super excited about Odyssey. A new 3D Mario. What a time to be alive. That doc about Mario sunshine speedrunning got me super psyched.

Fbh

Awesome. And from edge (at least to me) that 10 actually means something.

So Im probably going to move from game of the gen candidate breath of the wild to game of the gen candidate Mario Odyssey

The switch purchase I made a month ago is starting to feel worth it already with these 2 games alone.

I wonder what the negatives might be in various reviews for this game. Maybe visual styles? A lot of people here don't like New Donk City's style.

I'd say maybe lack of platforming but the more we see of this game the more we know that's just not true at all.

Unlike Zelda, which had the lack of traditional dungeons and weapons breaking as common complaints, this game might not have any of those types of complaints to worry about. I could see it having a higher MC score than Zelda. Which is nuts.

We gonna get a mod renaming the thread to something about how edge hands out too many 10s this generation?

Anyway, super excited about Odyssey. A new 3D Mario. What a time to be alive. That doc about Mario sunshine speedrunning got me super psyched.

Isn't this only the third of this gen? BotW, Bloodborne and this?

Playong through Zelda atm , I wouldn’t rate it a 10 (still pretty high though)

However Mario platformer games are more my style so I am sure I will love this one .

I'm so ready for the 27th. I have it preordered with the Prime discount and an extra $10 from trying the Amazon Unlimited Music. Thanks to whoever posted that on GAF.

MikeBison

I wonder what the negatives might be in various reviews for this game. Maybe visual styles? A lot of people here don't like New Donk City's style.

I'd say maybe lack of platforming but the more we see of this game the more we know that's just not true at all.

Unlike Zelda, which had the lack of traditional dungeons and weapons breaking as common complaints, this game might not have any of those types of complaints to worry about. I could see it having a higher MC score than Zelda. Which is nuts.

Isn't this only the third of this gen? BotW, Bloodborne and this?

Was in reference to the thread about Divinity's 10 from gamespot.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It sure how I feel about this. If there are too many I may quickly give up trying to get all of them. And striking a balance between finding thugs in the environment (hidden or not), and getting rewards for finishing the more traditional levels may be difficult

(There are traditional levels, right?)

Yeah no doubt there will be plenty of traditional challenges, but I hope getting everything is fun all the way through... There's a difference between korok seeds and this. Those seeds are just extra things you collect on your way in the main game, but those moons are the bread and butter. I'm a completionist if it's doable, but I didn't consider spending 100 hours on this game like BotW. When the first Galaxy came out, I got all 120 stars in a single weekend and felt that was perfect in length. Guess I won't be completing this in a few days :p

But hey, if there's as much variation in the levels as the footage seems to show, then I may just get them all.

Milennia

EDGE 10/10 Games so far.

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Gran Turismo (1997)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
Half-Life 2 (2004)
Halo 3 (2007)
The Orange Box (2007)
Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
LittleBigPlanet (2008)
Bayonetta (2009)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
Rock Band 3 (2010)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
The Last of Us (2013)
Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
Bayonetta 2 (2014)
Bloodborne (2015)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
Super Mario Odyssey (2017)

The first and the most recent are so fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom