• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Creator Of ToeJam & Earl's Studio Is Making An Exclusive Game For Sony

V_Ben

Banned
All credit goes to the Superannuation twitter account for this stuff.

http://tech-artists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2113

I'm Greg and I run a small friendly studio in the San Francisco Area called Humanature Studios (located in Albany). I've been making games as an independent games developer for 30 years (ack! has it been that long?) and have worked on and created many games including Toejam and Earl, Starflight. Star Control 2, Orly's Draw-A-Story, Spore, Sims 2, Kung Fu Panda World, etc.

As it happens, HumaNature Studios now has the good fortune of starting a new title directly for Sony that is cute and filled with quirky personality. It's also super innovative in the area of emotional AI and personality simulation. It designed for both male and female players, and will be marketed in the U.S. and in Japan.

Check out our website (humanaturestudios.com), and our existing Facebook apps (links from our website) to see the art-style. We are well funded, and offer good salaries and benefits, and we're small group where everyone gets a lot of creative input.

Ok, so, hmm. What sort of game are they working on?

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/viewjobrss.asp?cjid=29145&accountno=50738

This is a mid to senior level designer position for a major console product, so you must have significant game development experience. If you have just an undergrad degree and no industry experience, please do not apply. Indie developers are welcome, but only if you have published a product. (Power to the people!) Your past work should demonstrate a wild imagination, a love of innovation, and some killer talents. You will need to have glowing references from people you’ve worked with or for, and plenty of evidence of how self-motivated you are. This is an on site, full-time position and we will not consider anyone who wants to work remotely or part-time.

• You should love games that create charming and believable, emotionally compelling simulated worlds; games like ICO, Beyond Good and Evil, Animal Crossing, Scribblenauts, Little Big Planet, and others.

That's only part of the description, more at the link of course.

Pretty cool name to have crafting an exclusive game for you.

SykoTech

ToeJam & Earl was awesome, and I love that list of games aside from Animal Crossing (though even that game did have some charming characters). Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom