• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L.A. Noire (2017) |OT| A dodgy smile can put you on trial

MetalSlug

I had to leave the house, but I didn't realize that Nintendo don't allow you to re-download from where you left off. Have to start it from the beginning again :|

Nategc20

Banned
Damn I have no fucking space and already got multiple micro SD cards. 1 shoddy 128gb adata card that doesn't download anything big to it(sux, so I'm using that for game cart downloads and small eShop games) a 32gb sdcard for eShop doom alone, and now my 64gb card for eshop skyrim. Ugh. I need a huge microsd to call it a day. Feels very shitty that I downloaded games only to feel like I have the cartridge anyway with constantly swapping microsd cards. Plus the game carts doesn't work unless I have the right SD card inserted with the game data. Fucking trash.

My only legit gripe with the console, plus the fact that I can't transfer titles to an SD card without deleting and redownloading. Ugh.

I had to leave the house, but I didn't realize that Nintendo don't allow you to re-download from where you left off. Have to start it from the beginning again :|

That's odd. I had to leave while Rocket League was downloading and it resumed where it left off when I regained connection later.

RootCause

Speaking of sd cards. How does the switch handle switching cards? Hopefully not a mess like with the vita.

It's supposed to resume downloads. Perhaps you pressed cancel?

cormack12

Gold Member
Just stuck it in the pro. Case is empty, no copy of the map etc. Patch 1.01 which I'm assuming has the pro textures etc weighs in at 13.6GB

fernoca

They do. It is automatic. I have downloaded both Mario Oddysey and Sonic Forces post-Hurricane Maria, using hotspots. XD

Do physical copies on Switch include anything? Otherwise, I'll get it digitally.
And found out that it doesn't include anything. Though the game says it needs 6.5GB, so maybe 14GB is installed, or asks for the rest later.

BANGS

Banned
I really loved this game, and especially loved how the characters look so much like their IRL actor counterparts. I really enjoyed it...

That said, it's not worth $40 to play a remaster. That $10 Nintendo tax tho... The original is on steam for dirt cheap at any given time. Definitely look for other avenues if you wanna play this...

In handheld mode at least it’s actually dynamic resolution on Switch. Only just noticed this in daylight with the camera facing all the way down the road of a busy city street.

I think I'll pass on this one, even though the upgrades seem very nice. The original game was from a technical perspective very impressive, but just no fun for me to play. 4K modes and hi-res textures can't make a dull, frustrating game fun.

cormack12

Gold Member
It does have PhotoMode for anyone wondering. Although it's not as dynamic and good as in other titles:

4K photomode
xXrbv53.jpg

2s0mnJZ.jpg

The models look dated now and the world seems 'empty' but I've only played the first half hour or so. It was nice going back to the crime scene stuff, what can I say Phelps still has it:

4qaGeSK.gif

WhiteEagle

Neo Member
It's great, not a much difference but i love this game.
Buuuut if you want to record some gameplay remember that cutscenes are blocked... WHY?!

Rockeeo

On Xbox One X, the game really crushes blacks. I turned the brightness all the way up in settings too (even though this is not a real solution for crushed blacks).

Breakage

I think I'll pass on this one, even though the upgrades seem very nice. The original game was from a technical perspective very impressive, but just no fun for me to play. 4K modes and hi-res textures can't make a dull, frustrating game fun.
Yeah, I agree.The open world was pointless. And the game itself was tedious. The presentation and soundtrack were top-tier though. Picked up the PS3 version on launch day, finished it, and never touched it again.

Does it matter if I start the game without the initial download? It lets me play it but I don't know if I should just wait for the download to finish. I don't know about waiting six hours though...

MarcelDG88

Neo Member
For people who bought this game on other platforms(other than switch). Is the game outputting surround sound for you?

Got the switch version and it seems to lack 5.1 audio dispute the game size being 27gb. I know the original had 5.1, i checked that yesterday to be sure.

Wanted to know if the others are 2.1 as well, than we know its a bug in the switch version or that its just a budget cut made for the new versions.

Top Bottom