• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

TheOddOne

Well, you didn't *have* to die.

You could push into an enemy area behind some teammates, and then grab a gun off of anyone who dies. Or camp a corner and double-melee or assassinate someone for their gun. It's not ideal, but you got yourself into this mess.

You also could just be more mindful of the fact that you're hanging back and ammo is in short supply. Pick up a stray primary as a secondary weapon. When teammates or nearby enemies die, view that as an opportunity.

I agree that weapons disappear a too quickly, but you can avoid the problem by playing differently. Right now, you can't wait 'til you run out of ammo and then go solve the problem. You have to be mindful of your ammo all the time. Such is Halo 4.
I would never stoop to this level of garbage, sorry. I am annoyed when people do this, so I'm not going to do it myself.

On large maps it is really difficult, even with helpful teammates.

Lazslo

Welp Almost done with the Campaign. Halo 4 is all around just a fun game. The fiction is a little cray, but It doesn't bother me. The Multiplayer is Phenomenal, it's the best since Halo 2. I do, however, think it's bullshit that they're making us pay for a map pack already, should have shipped it. They are a new studio and they have been making this game for three years so I guess they have to pay the bills somehow.

Ken

Let's have a look, eh?

Oh wow, that's a pretty interesting base design. Lots of ways in, some interesting places to defend and push up through.

Hey, the inside looks like a decent flag spot. Some open space so people don't run into it accidentally, lots of entries and exits, plenty of potential routes.

Surely they'll put it in there, right? I mean, it seems like it'd be a pretty awesome CTF map with that layout!

Oh.

Why?

Game that requires you to take pictures of your TV for screenshots to post shouldn't be goty 2012.

Trey

Game that requires you to take pictures of your TV for screenshots to post shouldn't be goty 2012.

Isn't Halo the only console exclusive nominated for GOTY?

"ME3 PC version is the clear GOTY, because despite its generally shoddy stature as a port, the ever important screenshot function gives it the clear edge. Because truly, the meta of the game is more important than the actual game."

Ken

Isn't Halo the only console exclusive nominated for GOTY?

I'm not following the GOTY stuff. It's just sad to see people having to take photos of their TVs especially when this isn't the first Halo game with the ability to upload SS.

TheOddOne

Betray a teammate! Instant ammo.
1551_7444_480-gif

Trey

I'm not following the GOTY stuff. It's just sad to see people having to take photos of their TVs especially when this isn't the first Halo game with the ability to upload SS.

It is pretty goofy. Campaign theater would be nice to have.

u4iX

And that's how some people get their rocks off. Bravo should have looked at his radar (it says quite clearly that there's a camo guy below him), thrown one of his frag grenades at the guy, and boom, the game's moving forward.

Camouflage isn't making people camp. They did that in Halo since its inception.

Except the Camo glitch which disables the blue dots from showing up.

kylej

Banned
good to know someone can make a better UI in a day with Microsoft Paint than 343 could pull off with 3 years and millions in funding

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, a UI along the lines of that mock up woulda been great.

Which is exactly what I use. Doesn't make it any more balanced. If you're going up against a Gauss Hog, and you have your Plasma Pistol and two stickies ready, realistically he's going to kill you around the same time you EMP them. You might be able to get a sticky off, but unless their Warthog is already damaged, it's unlikely to kill them in the first blow.

Now before you shout "Use teamwork!", let's be real - most, if any, go into Big Team or Dominion with a full team of 6 or 8. Even if you're using teamwork, a decently skilled player in the Gauss cannon will at least be able to trade kills. Either way, the probability of going against a Gauss Hog with a Plasma Pistol and Stickies versus being the Gauss gunner and living is infinitely smaller.

The same can be applied to the Scorpion as well. The Banshee not so much, for I feel it is far easily to destroy. But again, you can't sit there and say "just start with PP and stickies bro", because realistically that isn't the completely balanced solution. And this isn't even factoring in players with the Operator perk.

There is nothing wrong with:

1. Hiding and waiting for the right boarding or EMP moment
2. Camo to get the drop on boarding, sticky or EMP
3. Team DMR
4. Team stickies
5. Incineration Cannon
6. Frag to flip a hog
7. Hide under a bridge then board

There are quite a few ways to take down the tank and gauss hog on Exile. I agree they shouldn't spawn the tank or gauss hog so often but really they should just introduce some variants of with and without. No need to completely remove them. What ever happened to variety of play? Honestly.

Does anyone here actually have Halo 4 as their game of the year?

Mine's Borderlands 2.

Yep, Halo for GOTY for me. Last "non-Halo" games I bought were Deus Ex & Max Payne 3, which are both great but not as replayable as Halo. Nothing else has really grabbed me yet though. I am thinking of returning to PC gaming for Far Cry 3 though, that level editor...oh my.

Ken

At least show us more relevant stats, like how many minutes they've spent crouched in camo, or how often they take off in a warthog without a driver.

The problem I have with giving such easy access to one's KDR is that people will just quit out or dashboard if they see a feeder on their team, delaying games from starting or even having games start with uneven teams. At least make them load up Waypoint (lol) to find those stats.

The problem I have with giving such easy access to one's KDR is that people will just quit out or dashboard if they see a feeder on their team, delaying games from starting or even having games start with uneven teams. At least make them load up Waypoint (lol) to find those stats.
Fine by me. Id' rather it was Kills+Assists/Deaths anyhow, at least for team slayer games.

Ryaaan14

Banned
The gaming side thread made me curious...

Does anyone besides Frankie like the Halo 4 UI? Like literally any single person here?

Top Bottom