• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

rpbtz

Just got stupid lucky on eBay. I've been hunting it down for a while in Japan and for it to randomly pop up on eBay from a US seller blew my mind. I don't think the seller knew what he had

If you're not hung up on getting the picture disc I recommend picking up the retail version. It contains more tracks and most likely better sound quality.

I know someone who also got lucky and found one of the picture disc versions recently. His copy had some noticeable PVC damage because of the sleeve it was released in. Does yours have any damage like this? Also, you might want to invest in an inner sleeve for it - or ditch the PVC outer one altogether (if you haven't already).

RaidenZR

Glanced at scalper prices for Stardew Valley on discogs and ebay... Shouldn't have bothered. Don't know what I was expecting. I forgot there was a second pressing already, but I wonder if there's any chance in hell there will be a third.

Dan-o

^ Yup. Discogs is no better, unfortunately. For everyone's sake, I hope it gets a non-limited repress. I do wonder how many copies of the 2nd press they've decided to do. Like, if they got say 1100 orders, if they'd do a press of 1500 and sell the additional ones once stock actually arrives.

IronRinn

Thanks! Glad I skipped the Red/Blue version. Tricolor nabbed. Why didn't they wait until the top of the hour to put it up? Usually their stuff goes live at 1PM EST. Jerks lol
It was part of their SDCC drop which included prints, which are dropped at a "random" time.

I know someone who also got lucky and found one of the picture disc versions recently. His copy had some noticeable PVC damage because of the sleeve it was released in. Does yours have any damage like this? Also, you might want to invest in an inner sleeve for it - or ditch the PVC outer one altogether (if you haven't already).

Oh yeah, the moment I got it I swapped the PVC sleeve with a rice paper sleeve. Luckily it wasn't damaged or stained when I got it. I had another picture disc that wasn't so lucky. The PVC sleeve completely eroded the record making it unplayable. Been investing in Diskeeper Audiophiles ever since.

very tempted right now.

...why does the 2nd print look fancier than the first?

Dan-o

Might as well shame tag me. Cracked, bought.

Same. I really shouldn't have bought the red/blue, but I didn't think they'd end up with extra copies of this one, and Contra is one of my favorite NES games.

So now it'll be damn near impossible to get rid of my red/blue copy... assuming I don't just keep both.

Same. I really shouldn't have bought the red/blue, but I didn't think they'd end up with extra copies of this one, and Contra is one of my favorite NES games.

So now it'll be damn near impossible to get rid of my red/blue copy... assuming I don't just keep both.

Likewise. I was under the impression that they'd sell out. Then again, those of us with jobs and the means to buy, but not travel to SDCC, probably outnumber those that paid to attend SDCC AND have a fondness for gaming vinyl.

Live and learn, I guess.

Oh yeah, the moment I got it I swapped the PVC sleeve with a rice paper sleeve. Luckily it wasn't damaged or stained when I got it. I had another picture disc that wasn't so lucky. The PVC sleeve completely eroded the record making it unplayable. Been investing in Diskeeper Audiophiles ever since.

very tempted right now.

...why does the 2nd print look fancier than the first?

^Serious. I almost want to cancel my 1st pressing order.

BTails

Got back from Vacation to have some recent releases waiting for me!

Altered Beast, Shenmue, and Contra all sound awesome! Shenmue really shines though, it's super relaxing and peaceful, and sounds great on LP.

Sadly, my copy of Castlevania IV has both LPs warped REALLY BAD. So bad neither LP is playable (tracking issues on both). I've reached out to Mondo about a replacement.

Bit of a sour spot in an otherwise nice evening of VGM Vinyl goodness!

jMWt5Za.jpg

Glassboy

^^ Nice pics. Shenmue was one of the first vinyl soundtracks I got.

The iam8bit release of The Last Guardian is so disappointing. It's a beautiful package but there is too much surface noise to enjoy this one properly. I even got a replacement and I don't know if it is any better.

TheBez

Hey VGM Vinyl Gaf, I just moved and am starting up school again and need to recoup some funds. I have a copy of Hotline Miami 2 completely sealed in awesome condition. Is anyone in here interested in it before I resort to eBay or the like?

wiibomb

Hey VGM Vinyl Gaf, I just moved and am starting up school again and need to recoup some funds. I have a copy of Hotline Miami 2 completely sealed in awesome condition. Is anyone in here interested in it before I resort to eBay or the like?

I guess it depends on the price

BTails

Sunsoft's Batman is awesome, and has a great soundtrack. I can only imagine the rights are a legal nightmare though: not sure the ownership of Sunsoft's stuff right now, plus the Batman licence, etc...

Still no word from Mondo regarding my warped/uplayable Castlevania IV. Hopefully it won't be a hassle to replace, I really want to listen to it!

RaidenZR

Man who do I have to beg to get LJN's NES Batman game soundtrack on vinyl?

Sunsoft's Batman is awesome, and has a great soundtrack. I can only imagine the rights are a legal nightmare though: not sure the ownership of Sunsoft's stuff right now, plus the Batman licence, etc...

Still no word from Mondo regarding my warped/uplayable Castlevania IV. Hopefully it won't be a hassle to replace, I really want to listen to it!

Naoki Kodaka did the music for that Batman game and his NES soundtracks were across the board incredible. Sunsoft's still around and they still sign off on their works getting re-licensed or re-released. For example, Waku Waku 7 just came out for the Switch this year. This soundtrack could potentially see a release in some capacity, but I imagine it would need a brave soul who negotiates with both Sunsoft, DC, and Warner Bros. I imagine it would be licensing cost issue with WB more than anything else...

TL; DR - It's a looong shot, but it's not completely hopeless. Mondo has that hipster, boutique taste that I could see them doing it. Maybe Brave Wave, too.

Chindogg

Naoki Kodaka did the music for that Batman game and his NES soundtracks were across the board incredible. Sunsoft's still around and they still sign off on their works getting re-licensed or re-released. For example, Waku Waku 7 just came out for the Switch this year. This soundtrack could potentially see a release in some capacity, but I imagine it would need a brave soul who negotiates with both Sunsoft, DC, and Warner Bros. I imagine it would be licensing cost issue with WB more than anything else...

TL; DR - It's a looong shot, but it's not completely hopeless. Mondo has that hipster, boutique taste that I could see them doing it. Maybe Brave Wave, too.

I remember NECA actually having the video game Batman figures around so I'm hoping there's a chance.

sugarless

Inherited some vinyls so my first ever turntable is arriving this weekend. Don't have any gaming soundtracks yet but I have a trip to Japan in October. Anyone able to recommend places to go in Osaka for some record hunting?

Rydeen

The Batman OST did make it onto the Sunsoft Famicom compilation Rom Cassette Disk in Sunsoft not too long ago, with appropriate copyright notices on the packaging as well, so it's definitely not outside the realm of possibility. It sounds great even on this release, btw

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2011/10/rom-cassette-disc-in-sunsoft-cd-review.html?m=1

kostona

Neo Member

I'm interested, PM'd you!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

i really really really want all the sunsoft nes games on vinyl

ErichWK

Inherited some vinyls so my first ever turntable is arriving this weekend. Don't have any gaming soundtracks yet but I have a trip to Japan in October. Anyone able to recommend places to go in Osaka for some record hunting?

It's hard to recommend a single place cause there are so so so so many awesome record stores In Japan. The best ones are in Tokyo but I did run into a few in Osaka. I think I found one in Nipponbashi. Got some good Japanese punk records there

leroidys

Osaka is chock full of awesome record stores. Nopponbashi and around Amemura have a ton.

Top Bottom