• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's NYCC Lineup & Activities

Seda

http://press.nintendo.com/object?id=35511

NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo is making sure visitors to the New York Comic Con will have a treasure trove of fun games and activities to keep them entertained. From Oct. 11-14, fans are encouraged to visit the Nintendo booth (No. 1510) at the Javits Center to play games and enjoy giveaways such as special Paper Mario™: Sticker Star stickers (while supplies last). Fans who collect all four stickers will then be eligible to receive a special bonus sticker. The first 400 fans who collect the special fifth sticker will receive a giant sticker they can then attach to a massive, community-created Paper Mario: Sticker Star billboard. Signs at the booth will let visitors know when each sticker becomes available.

Paper Mario fans who are really into stickers can volunteer to be “sticker-bombed.” At a station outside the main entrance of the Javits Center, fans will have the opportunity to be covered in as many Paper Mario: Sticker Star stickers as possible.

A booth in the Javits Center (No. 2921) will be dedicated exclusively to tournaments featuring Nintendo 3DS™ games New Super Mario Bros.™ 2 and Kid Icarus™: Uprising.
Details are as follows:

New Super Mario Bros. 2: Throughout the day, entrants can play through different courses featured in the recently released downloadable Coin Rush mode course packs. High scores will be posted and updated throughout the day. All participants will receive a Gold Mario pin for playing (while supplies last), and the top scorer at the end of each day’s play period will receive a Nintendo 3DS XL system.

Kid Icarus: Uprising: Throughout the day, up to six players at a time can compete in five-minute Free-For-All rounds. At the end of the qualifying period, the top 12 highest scorers of the day will compete in three rounds of Free-For-All play, and whoever has the highest combined score from those three rounds will be the day’s champion. All participants will receive a Kid Icarus: Uprising Series 2 AR Card pack (while supplies last). The top scorers from each day will receive a Kid Icarus pin. The champion from each day will win a Kid Icarus AR Card Core Set, containing more than 400 cards that have been released to date and a Nintendo 3DS XL system; each day’s second-place finisher will receive a Kid Icarus AR Card Core Set.

Visitors to the main Nintendo booth (No. 1510) will be able to sample a fun lineup of some of the best Nintendo games for the holidays, as well as the upcoming Wii U™ console. The following games will be playable:

For Wii U:

• The Wonderful 101™
  • Nintendo Land™
  • New Super Mario Bros.™ U
  • Game & Wario™
  • Pikmin™ 3
  • NINJA GAIDEN™ 3: Razor’s Edge
  • ZombiU™
  • Scribblenauts™ Unlimited
  • Rayman Legends®
  • Batman: Arkham City™ Armored Edition

For Nintendo 3DS:

• Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Crashmo™
  • Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
  • Adventure Time™: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask™
  • Luigi’s Mansion™: Dark Moon
  • Style Savvy™: Trendsetters
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

For Nintendo DS™:

• Pokémon™ Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2

Nintendo is also hosting a Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 Launch Celebration one block north of the Javits Center at SIR Stage37 at 508 W. 37th St. The lounge will be free and open to the public from noon to 8 p.m. and will give visitors the chance to enjoy features like a Pokémon photo booth, a distribution station for the Mythical Pokémon Genesect™, Pokémon-themed ice sculptures, a live performance from the Chicago-based band I Fight Dragons and Pokémon giveaways (while supplies last). Visitors also can try out the new Pokédex™ 3D Pro prior to its Nov. 8 launch. A New York Comic Con badge is not required for admission to this event.For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

VerTiGo

Banned
I haven't played the Wii U. Don't need to... Got it preordered with 4 games. I'm already sold but it's in the neighborhood and I have never done the NYCC, so why not. I'm going this weekend For sure.

Amir0x

Banned
I haven't played the Wii U. Don't need to... Got it preordered with 4 games. I'm already sold but it's in the neighborhood and I have never done the NYCC, so why not. I'm going this weekend For sure.

you gonna buy your ticket from scalpers? i was always wondering where they sold those bad boys

Amir0x

Banned
Huh? I can't just walk in!?

Are you being sarcastic? I genuinely can't tell lol

If you aren't being sarcastic, yeah you can't just walk in. I mean, the show is so ridiculously packed that if they allowed that I'm sure everyone inside would suffocate to death.

Tickets are ALL sold out though, so that's why I was wondering if you knew where the scalpers were.

VerTiGo

Banned
Are you being sarcastic? I genuinely can't tell lol

If you aren't being sarcastic, yeah you can't just walk in. I mean, the show is so ridiculously packed that if they allowed that I'm sure everyone inside would suffocate to death.

Tickets are ALL sold out though, so that's why I was wondering if you knew where the scalpers were.

No, not being sarcastic. I've never had the interest to go and still don't but I got nothing planned for the weekend so I figured why not.

I can always find a scalper. Usually Craigslist, it has t failed me for any event I've wanted to go to on late notice and I'm sure you will find some outside the venue. Never been to NY before? Lol

Salaadin

I dont want to spend a lot of NYCC standing in long lines but, for some of those games, its inevitable. You win, Nintendo!

Amir0x

Banned
I can always find a scalper. Usually Craigslist, it has t failed me for any event I've wanted to go to on late notice and I'm sure you will find some outside the venue. Never been to NY before? Lol

Man I lived in Brooklyn for a good portion of my life, and go to the city like once a month at least these days :p

Naw, it's just in the last couple years I've been to NYCC, I didn't notice any scalpers. That said, I had my tickets so I wasn't looking particularly hard either.

VerTiGo

Banned
Man I lived in Brooklyn for a good portion of my life, and go to the city like once a month at least these days :p

Naw, it's just in the last couple years I've been to NYCC, I didn't notice any scalpers. That said, I had my tickets so I wasn't looking particularly hard either.

Eh. Maybe I'll try depending on how much it'll run me for tickets. I have no reason to spend good money on it though. If that I'll just stick to my usual weekend routine -- which is getting stoned and playing Third Strike with the boys.

I really want to see what's going on with Ninja Gaiden though.

Amir0x

Banned
Eh. Maybe I'll try depending on how much it'll run me for tickets. I have no reason to spend good money on it though. If that I'll just stick to my usual weekend routine -- which is getting stoned and playing Third Strike with the boys.

I really want to see what's going on with Ninja Gaiden though.

Man if Ninja Gaiden is the reason you want to spend money, just get stoned. Ninja Gaiden 3 is so terrible they'd have to literally just develop an entirely new game from scratch to salvage it. They're not doing that, so, failure immediately :p

One day tickets for Comic Con go like 35 for Friday and 50 for Saturday, and a weekend pass is 65. So, I'm guessing scalpers will be looking for like $100 for a weekend pass, and maybe $60 for a day pass.

Penguin

Really?

Walking down like 35th or 36th last year

Would always find people trying to sell me a badge... even when I had mine around my neck!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The lines to play Nintendo games at NYCC haven't been anything too horrible, Nintendo usually stocks up with lots of systems, gives you limited playtime, and does crowd control very well. Definitely interested in trying NSMB, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101.

Amir0x

Banned
Really?

Walking down like 35th or 36th last year

Would always find people trying to sell me a badge... even when I had mine around my neck!

I know they exist, I've heard of them selling, I just haven't encountered any. was wondering if there was a specific place they congregated or something...

creid

Oh good! I was disappointed I missed Wonderful 101 at PAX, I'll definitely give it a try this weekend.

Jumpman23

Man if Ninja Gaiden is the reason you want to spend money, just get stoned. Ninja Gaiden 3 is so terrible they'd have to literally just develop an entirely new game from scratch to salvage it. They're not doing that, so, failure immediately :p

But, but Ayane... :p

Nibel

So, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is there, right

iWGrYDcNbIzsY.gif

I expect bunch of impressions, NYC-GAF

ezekial45

Banned
Speaking of Capcom, here's their streaming schedule

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/10/09/new-york-comic-con-streaming-schedule
Thursday Oct 11 (all times Eastern)

6:30pm - Kickoff! We'll show off the booth and bring you up to speed on our NYCC plans

7:00pm - Monster Hunter 3U! First look at Wii U gameplay

8:00pm - Talking to Ono-san and Matt Dahlgren about SF25 and SFxT Vita

Friday Oct 12

1:00pm - Interview with Ian Flynn, writer of Archie's Mega Man comic book

5:00pm - New DmC gameplay courtesy of the ever-S-rank GregaMan

We'll fill out Friday's schedule a little closer to the show. We plan to have content all day but are working on specifics and times. Once we have it all filled out, we'll plug it in here. As always, catch the whole stream over at Twitch TV.

deviljho

One day tickets for Comic Con go like 35 for Friday and 50 for Saturday, and a weekend pass is 65. So, I'm guessing scalpers will be looking for like $100 for a weekend pass, and maybe $60 for a day pass.

They are already on stubhub for a few hundred dollars.

So, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is there, right
http://i.minus.com/iWGrYDcNbIzsY.gif
I expect bunch of impressions, NYC-GAF

Not sure who is going. Friday tickets were available at $35, but i didnt buy cause the capcom only said 3DS would be shown at that point. They're all sold out now. :(

Amir0x

Banned
They are already on stubhub for a few hundred dollars.

Not sure who is going. Friday tickets were available at $35, but i didnt buy cause the capcom only said 3DS would be shown at that point. They're all sold out now. :(

A FEW HUNDRED!?

I gotta remember to buy some extras next year @_o

Amir0x

Banned
3RpWA.jpg

"It's not the same game - it's not the same content"

i'm sure that's what they tell all the girls before it's the exact same game with the exact same engine but in high resolution with a few extra monsters/areas. Pfft.

If the previous Mon Hun games for the PSP or whatever are any indication , just different levels of visuals with a few new items or monsters or areas. And they tried to call those "new" too. Plays pretty much the same, just with control modifications (and in PSP's case, no good online integrations).

Judging from the screens we got, Wii U is clearly just using a smoothed out version of the Wii engine with similar everything else, so unless they drastically changed the areas and gameplay it's going to be the same ;)*

*Ah, but with a "super innovative" controller screen map/inventory hurray

IPoopStandingUp said:
Pins? Last year I got a Professor Layton top hat just for holding a DS.

I got a Kirby iron on thingy, but it was nice 'cause it emulated the Kirby Epic Yarn look pretty well.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
If the previous Mon Hun games for the PSP or whatever are any indication , just different levels of visuals with a few new items or monsters or areas. And they tried to call those "new" too. Plays pretty much the same, just with control modifications (and in PSP's case, no good online integrations).
Spoken like someone who doesn't play MonHun. TriG has over 50 boss monsters. Granted, several of those (11?) are sub species (that means new colors, stats, moves and crafted items, still, some are really cool) but in comparison to Tri's 18 that's not just "a few". And of course the G rank which is basically the hardest tier with its own crafted items (like Tri has normal and then High Rank missions, G is above that) and where the monsters get new stats, behaviours and often new attacks. Let's not forget the four weapon types missing from Tri are back as well. Anyway, G are always the definitive versions of the games and always worth buying for fans. For people who aren't as big fans I'd say they're always worth waiting for, if they aren't likely to get both. Of course Tri's case was kind of special with how long it took to get released. I wouldn't say no if Capcom started doing them as DLC expansions but they're certainly worth the release. I'll also give you that there's less 100% new content for those who played through 3rd, but most here haven't and the G rank alone would be worth it (but there's still more than just that). Anyway, I dunno why you'd get riled up over someone mocking Reggie to begin with to argue against the statement but at least don't misrepresent the title. It's not like Capcom or Nintendo are trying to scam anyone, it's obvious from the name alone that it's in part Tri all over again, not 4, and that it's a 3DS multiplatform release and isn't likely to tax the WiiU. Also, we know exactly what the game includes (which I've outlined already) since the Japanese release happened quite a while ago, there's no reason to look for mere indications.

Why would they not list Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate as one of the Wii U games they are showing off when it was already announced to be there and is a huge deal?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
K I might take the time to hit up the Nintendo booth now. Wanna play some WiiU and Paper Mario 3DS. Very cool.

Amir0x

Banned
Spoken like someone who doesn't play MonHun. TriG has over 50 boss monsters. Granted, several of those (11?) are sub species (that means new colors, stats, moves and crafted items, still, some are really cool) but in comparison to Tri's 18 that's not just "a few". And of course the G rank which is basically the hardest tier with its own crafted items (like Tri has normal and then High Rank missions, G is above that) and where the monsters get new stats, behaviours and often new attacks. Let's not forget the four weapon types missing from Tri are back as well.

Anyway, G are always the definitive versions of the games and always worth buying for fans. For people who aren't as big fans I'd say they're always worth waiting for, if they aren't likely to get both. Of course Tri's case was kind of special with how long it took to get released. I wouldn't say no if Capcom started doing them as DLC expansions but they're certainly worth the release. I'll also give you that there's less 100% new content for those who played through 3rd, but most here haven't and the G rank alone would be worth it (but there's still more than just that). Anyway, I dunno why you'd get riled up over someone mocking Reggie to begin with to argue against the statement but at least don't misrepresent the title. It's not like Capcom or Nintendo are trying to scam anyone, it's obvious from the name alone that it's in part Tri all over again, not 4, and that it's a 3DS multiplatform release and isn't likely to tax the WiiU. Also, we know exactly what the game includes (which I've outlined already) since the Japanese release happened quite a while ago, there's no reason to look for mere indications.

Monster Hunter is one of my favorite series, and I go through them religiously. That said, no I don't get the portable ones because they don't have integrated online modes, and to me Monster Hunter without online is worthless. Ad Hoc Party ain't for me.

But I have played them, and enough to know my point stands. They are exactly the same game with simply expanded monster lists and some new items weapons and maybe a few new areas. These are not 'new games' in any sense of the word, except in the most desperate stretching of the term. They play the same, they look the same, they simply are like 'Game of the Year Editions' that come packed with all the expansions or something, if these games had expansions. Monster Hunter just has more monsters.

If someone hasn't played Tri yet or whatever, then of course the Wii U version would be the one to get if you're into the series. I wasn't denying their generally the complete version of that numbered edition. It's just not a new game by any definition; if you played Monster Hunter Tri, for example, you know what you're getting. A few new monsters, a few new items, and maybe a few new areas. I was merely operating under the assumption that Nibel has played Tri.

Also, I think alongside with the word "new" you should find a new definition for "riled up." It clearly does not mean what you think it does.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
G games weren't made just for the Portable series. And nowhere did I say it's an all new sequel or anything, for you to pretend I claimed that and thus have the wrong definition of "new" or whatever. If you wanna get down to that level, I also never argued against the point you made in the post seemingly meant to argue against my last ("expanded" content, since I obviously said that much about what it offers myself) just with your particular previous wording (which emphasized "a few" as if it's negligible).

Amir0x

Banned
G games weren't made just for the Portable series. And nowhere did I say it's an all new sequel or anything.

I know, I was just saying the Monster Hunter games I don't get are the portable ones, because they don't have integrated online modes (unless the 3DS game changed something, but I seem to recall it doesn't).

Anyway, if you don't think it's new, then there's nothing to discuss. Since all my commentary was about was the idea that Reggie (or whomever) said this:

"It's not the same game - it's not the same content"

Amir0x

Banned
My Wii U Nintendo Comic Con Experience

Zombie U: First my experience was waiting on line and finally getting to a unit, only for me to have to wait 15 minutes while the attendant tried to get the system to work again as it froze like three dozen times and she kept resetting it only for it to keep getting stuck at the title screen. So I went to another line. This game looked like a mid-tier 360 title, with a pretty engaging atmosphere in motion.

The gunplay, though, seemed like a rather low level FPS without the strategic depth to really pull you back in, like a Halo or even a Left 4 Dead. That said, it's kind of difficult to know just how much thought you'll need to put into what you bring with you because there wasn't much time to play. I thought the screen utilization was as advertised, but the game wasn't very hard what I played and so I didn't get the fabled tension yet. I can see how it might be, though, later on, as things get crazy.

The multiplayer was actually the highlight, but it was only really special when you were the king of the zombies. Otherwise it just felt like a typical FPS multiplayer game but with mediocre FPS mechanics. Unfortunately this is worthless for me personally since there is no online version of this, and I won't be playing in-person with anyone. Most of my friends and family have moved on from gaming ages ago, or don't like to play Nintendo products.

Pikmin 3 - It was Pikmin. As I have said, you can definitely tell its Wii roots. It looks and feels like a hi res last gen game with a few next-gen graphical tricks/shaders. Like a first gen 360 game or something, so this remains supremely disappointing. The other thing is that I really REALLY miss the cool item descriptions/types of Pikmin 2, the humor isn't as obvious in this one and I can really feel it.

That aside, it plays like Pikmin and it plays extremely well. The Rock Pikmin are interesting but I'll have to wait and see how much they'll contribute to the depth of the series since they weren't utilized in any really special fashion during the demo. This remains my most anticipated Wii U game.

Wonderful 101 - This is like an old school arcade game with new school sensibilities. What a fun, slippery title that really makes use of all the positives of a Nintendo console but with none of the typical negatives. Just outrageous, non-stop fun. It seemed a little simplistic at the moment, but again it's hard to judge from the demo.

Controller - Was light and comfortable; screen blew. Will avoid use where possible.

That's all I played so far. I was on line for NSMB U but decided there was nothing I could possibly learn from the demo that I couldn't guess from looking. Didn't get to play Rayman.

My Wii U Nintendo Comic Con Experience

Zombie U: First my experience was waiting on line and finally getting to a unit, only for me to have to wait 15 minutes while the attendant tried to get the system to work again as it froze like three dozen times and she kept resetting it only for it to keep getting stuck at the title screen. So I went to another line. This game looked like a mid-tier 360 title, with a pretty engaging atmosphere in motion.

The gunplay, though, seemed like a rather low level FPS without the strategic depth to really pull you back in, like a Halo or even a Left 4 Dead. That said, it's kind of difficult to know just how much thought you'll need to put into what you bring with you because there wasn't much time to play. I thought the screen utilization was as advertised, but the game wasn't very hard what I played and so I didn't get the fabled tension yet. I can see how it might be, though, later on, as things get crazy.

The multiplayer was actually the highlight, but it was only really special when you were the king of the zombies. Otherwise it just felt like a typical FPS multiplayer game but with mediocre FPS mechanics. Unfortunately this is worthless for me personally since there is no online version of this, and I won't be playing in-person with anyone. Most of my friends and family have moved on from gaming ages ago, or don't like to play Nintendo products.

I could definitely see being let down by the overall experience when shit like that happens......not fun at all.

Top Bottom