• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which color was the most iconic for the Game Boy Color?

TunaLover

I'm curious about it, there was a specific color that would be considered the "main" one? The info I got from internet is it launched in several colors.

Atomic purple.

Maybe the Special Pikachu Edition.
pikagameboy.jpg

One of the launch ones, but I'd say Atomic Purple since most people I knew had that one.

(I had the teal one whenever they did that wave)

EdgeXL

For me it was Atomic Grape Purple but that is the color I had back then. Those who had that toxic puke green or one of the other colors may feel differently.

Without a doubt Atomic Purple was the iconic one, and if I had to do it all over again...I'd still pick the neon green one. That thing was awesome!

ChrisD

Atomic Purple is iconic, but I had a Lime Green one. That's my personal favorite, however Purple still is kind of the "official color" in my mind.

Definitely atomic purple. It's the color that pops up on wikipedia too lol.

But damn, there are so many good colors that most people can remember from their childhood. I remember that bright green, yellow, and my personal favorite (that I still own)—teal.

Atomic Purple is iconic, but I had a Lime Green one. That's my personal favorite, but Purple still is kind of the "official color" in my mind.

Similar to me. Started with atomic purple at 7 years old. Put it in my lunchbox. Water damage. No more atomic purple ones, so had to replace it with Lime Green ;_____;

I was sitting there in the late 90's with my red GameBoy Pocket wishing it could be atomic purple. To this day I go nuts for anything in translucent plastic.

Nintendo wants their branding to be red these days but in my head, Nintendo is purple. This is what I think of when I think Nintendo colors:

North American SNES.
Atomic Purple Gameboy.
Atomic Purple N64 controller.
Gamecube.

I can't describe how fast the money would fly out of my wallet if they announced Atomic Purple Switch.

People will say Atomic Purple, but I'm genuinely curious which color sold the best.

From my youth, the most popular color was Indigo. I don't know if it was called Indigo though - we just called it purple. That is the color I always associate with the system.

Top Bottom