• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

once again here is the tutorial:

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15714

all the correct save files are in the .zip, read the readme to figure out which one to use.

Exciting news, indeed.

Sure, running PSP homebrews on Vita is fun, and VHBL is a very nice piece of work, but it’s about time we move on, isn’t it? Developer yifanlu started a new project called Usermode Vita Loader (UVLoader), it will be a homebrew loader for the PSV, basically.

Not PSP homebrews, but native PSV code, isn’t it awesome?

This project is based on a PSV exploit he found (there are no details about this for now, for obvious reasons), but it’s still in its early stages. Just a few lines of code have been written so far (you can find the code on his github), so, back to the title, developers are needed.

If you’re a developer and you want to help, fork the project on github or get in touch with yifanlu on /talk or on IRC (#vitadev on EFnet). If you’re not a developer, there’s nothing for you…yet. But it’s still an awesome news, isn’t it?

And please, avoid asking useless questions: there’s no release date yet and it doesn’t work for now, just be patient for now and let the developers do their job.

Yifan Lu will eventually post updates about this project on his blog or on twitter, so make sure to follow him.

Last but not least, congratulations to yifanlu for his Vita hack
Yifan Lu's blog and Twiter page

I hope we end up with some nice custom home pages
grin.gif

Cade

Note that, in theory, this won't allow piracy (yet), so it might not be THAT bad. Still, more Sony resources devoted to fixing these leaks just sucks.

JudgeN

Will I soon be able to move my ripped PSP ISO/PS1 ISO to my vita without having to rebuy my shit digitally? Yes please!

Why are people obsessed with doing this with Sony products? Its not like the pretence that games consoles are the best tech hold up any more; and with a wide range of PC's/Tablets/Phones it all seem like a massive waste of time.

Bit sad really.

kadotsu

Banned
I'm torn. P4G Undub vs lots of piracy fucking up the platform. Lets hope it takes some time to get going.

No, you are supposed to crack the one that actually has region locking first! Seriously though, weird that Vita was cracked before 3DS.

3DS is making progress. They decrypted the FW a few weeks ago.

Massa

An exploit's been found, that doesn't mean much. Dozens of exploits were found on each current console.

Forever

Banned
At least this ensures a use for the device for many years to come, no matter what official support looks like.

kamspy

If it becomes the greatest emulation machine ever created, I'm in.

Yep. First thing I thought. For the price it's a great amount of mobile processing power. And that AMOLED. Great to hear people can finally really use it now. I'm in.

Top Bottom